U2 was in Buffalo the night Lennon was shot...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I added a small instruction to the sign to hold this up during 'One' or 'Instant Karma' should they play it. (Or any other moment that makes sense).

Okay.. let's do it!

u2wedge said:

He'll get the point. I wish you would.

:wink:

If he says anything along the lines of what I just said, I demand to be adequately rewarded. :wink:

Enjoy your show on 09/2005/12. :drool:

Axver said:

If he says anything along the lines of what I just said, I demand to be adequately rewarded. :wink:

Enjoy your show on 09/2005/12. :drool:

If Bono treats dates like he speaks Spanish... I'm not worried about it. Conisder my sign the 'Vertigo' of tribute signs. :wink:

And you know what? If Bono ever DID bust my balls about the date on a sign I made, that would actually be pretty cool in my book.

But you know, I think Bono is actually pretty cool and would appreciate the intent of the sign rather than waste time debating about geocentric details. Take a note.

Last edited:
nmf016 said:

She'll probably be close by. Lennon's murderer is in Attica and Yoko Ono is frequently there.

I live in Attica and I've never heard of her ever being here. :eyebrow:

u2wedge said:
But you know, I think Bono is actually pretty cool and would appreciate the intent of the sign rather than waste time debating about geocentric details. Take a note.

You're the only person not treating this lightheartedly. Spot the winks in my posts? Means I'm not being exactly serious about all this.

senrab said:

I live in Attica and I've never heard of her ever being here. :eyebrow:

In high school (only a couple years ago) the sociology class would take a trip to attica each semester. Probably about 50% of the time, they would mention Yoko Ono had recently been there or was there. I really have no idea what she does when she's there, because I wouldn't really want to hang out with the man who killed my husband, but apparently she's around.

Axver said:

You're the only person not treating this lightheartedly. Spot the winks in my posts? Means I'm not being exactly serious about all this.

there were a few winks in mine, too! :wink: Just trying to have a good time, Axver, that's what this is all about. No need to get mired down in the details.

:up:

Last edited:
nmf016 said:

In high school (only a couple years ago) the sociology class would take a trip to attica each semester. Probably about 50% of the time, they would mention Yoko Ono had recently been there or was there. I really have no idea what she does when she's there, because I wouldn't really want to hang out with the man who killed my husband, but apparently she's around.

Interesting. My father worked at Attica, he saw Chapman everyday and said that he found religion. Too bad he didn't find it before the fact...

Just so you guys know, last time U2 was in Buffalo, Bono mentioned the bit about being here when John was killed. He then proceeded to sing In My Life, which was amazing. Hopefully they'll do something similar this time around!

"I'd like to hear Bono sing Lennon's song "Love"
I think it would suit his voice almost to perfection.
Beautiful song."
--not quite as cool as U2, but the Cure is getting ready to cover that one for an amnesty interbational itunes thing. should be worth checking out.

adenoid_hynkel said:
"I'd like to hear Bono sing Lennon's song "Love"
I think it would suit his voice almost to perfection.
Beautiful song."
--not quite as cool as U2, but the Cure is getting ready to cover that one for an amnesty interbational itunes thing. should be worth checking out.

Oh yeah, I'll try and hear that if possible. Love that song.

Just got back from Hartford and I thought tonight's version of Instant Karma was 100 times better than the 2 shows I saw at MSG

Bobo U2 said:
Just got back from Hartford and I thought tonight's version of Instant Karma was 100 times better than the 2 shows I saw at MSG

I agree. In Boston and Hartford it was absolutely :drool: :drool:

One of the best songs of the night, for sure.

grbounds said:
Just so you guys know, last time U2 was in Buffalo, Bono mentioned the bit about being here when John was killed. He then proceeded to sing In My Life, which was amazing. Hopefully they'll do something similar this time around!

:sad: I burst into tears when they did that :sad: a definite highlight from that show.

I'll have to go out and buy some color ink for my printer so I can print out the Lennon sign. Wonder if I can get my stick in the mud hubby to hold one up too? He's a bigger Lennon fan than me :ohmy:!

Maybe I should dig out my Lennon shirt with the bunnies "having fun" in black and pink :ohmy:!

u2wedge said:
Heading out to Buffalo first thing in the morning... see you on the other side!

What time do you plan on getting there? Since, they seem to be rather strict with the GA policy, no lining up until 9. Unless I'm mistaken.

DanB said:
Please, we accept whining only from people in real countries. Find someone from a real country and have your complaint relayed.

Thank you for your cooperation.
stop with the us-centric comments please. every other country out there is a "real" country.

<3U2 said:

What time do you plan on getting there? Since, they seem to be rather strict with the GA policy, no lining up until 9. Unless I'm mistaken.

Probably will walk up to the venue around noon-ish to check things out... will play it by ear to see what's going on with the U2.com fan line...

Back
Top Bottom