U2 Video being shot in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the email - pretty mucht he same thing as what is posted ont he website

The GM Place in Vancouver will today host the filming of U2's latest
video clip, for the track City Of Blinding Lights.

U2 fans are invited to attend this exclusive filming at the Arena in
Vancouver.

Wristbands will be given out from 3pm after which, upon entry to the
building, fans will receive a ticket to a reserved seat surrounding the
stage. The first 4,000 people will be permitted - on a first come, first
served basis - to enter the venue.

Organisers ask that guests arrive no earlier than 3pm. Full security
searches will be implemented at the door - no recording devices of any
type will be permitted in the venue, this includes cameras and
cellphones. Anyone entering the venue with a recording device will be
denied entry.

This live video will be shot by French directors, Alex and Martin. The
pair recently won a Grammy for directing U2's Vertigo, the debut single
from the Number 1 album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Alex and
Martin have also worked with The White Stripes, Kylie Minogue, Air,
Jane's Addiction and Noir Desir.

what time did they send that email out? Was it anytime before it hit atU2 or Interference (like 1pm Pacific)?

nurse chrissi said:
the email - pretty mucht he same thing as what is posted ont he website

The GM Place in Vancouver will today host the filming of U2's latest
video clip, for the track City Of Blinding Lights.

U2 fans are invited to attend this exclusive filming at the Arena in
Vancouver.

Wristbands will be given out from 3pm after which, upon entry to the
building, fans will receive a ticket to a reserved seat surrounding the
stage. The first 4,000 people will be permitted - on a first come, first
served basis - to enter the venue.

Organisers ask that guests arrive no earlier than 3pm. Full security
searches will be implemented at the door - no recording devices of any
type will be permitted in the venue, this includes cameras and
cellphones. Anyone entering the venue with a recording device will be
denied entry.

This live video will be shot by French directors, Alex and Martin. The
pair recently won a Grammy for directing U2's Vertigo, the debut single
from the Number 1 album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Alex and
Martin have also worked with The White Stripes, Kylie Minogue, Air,
Jane's Addiction and Noir Desir.

Just now (4pm Pacific time) on 99.3 The Fox they said they're still looking for 500 more people and it will probably start now at 5pm rather than 3pm.

Last edited:
Yup, 1130 as of 10 minutes ago put a "conservative estimate" at 500-800 people left. I think it was always scheduled to start at 5pm, just that the line-up wasn't supposed to start until 3.

I wish I'd known about this earlier so I could have made it down to GM Place in time. Am I a bad fan because my Seattle 2 concert seems to have lost its lustre now? :sad:

melsbud said:

I wish I'd known about this earlier so I could have made it down to GM Place in time. Am I a bad fan because my Seattle 2 concert seems to have lost its lustre now? :sad:

:lmao: :lol: :laugh:
Well if it does, I'm right there with you! :mac:

I have to put our passports away before Shane (hubby) comes home! :shh: I'll have to act like nothing ever happened between 2 and 3 pm today...

:whistle: "No, there was no mad dash running around looking for passports, searching for charter flights. Nothing like that at all!" :whistle:

Last edited:
:silent:

I mean, how great could it be anyway? I mean, there's only 4000 people and it's not like COBL is their best song...or that they're going to...to...put on a mini-concert (that might very well include I Will Follow, Yahweh and 40) to thank the extras for coming out...or anyth...:sad:

melsbud said:

I mean, how great could it be anyway? I mean, there's only 4000 people and it's not like COBL is their best song...or that they're going to...to...put on a mini-concert (that might very well include I Will Follow, Yahweh and 40) to thank the extras for coming out...or anyth...:sad:

It's time for a group hug

:hug:

melsbud said:

:scream: :scream: x 10000

melsbud said:
I feel like a PLEBA girl. (And I say that with love and a little bit of fear.)

:hug: :scream:

Ditto. x2

:hug: :sad:

I mean, it's not like it would be all that interesting to watch, I've heard these kind of shoots can take hours and be very tedious...

:censored: it!!! :mad: :madspit: I wanna see Bono waiting for camera angles and makeup and lights, camera, action. :sad:

I knew I should have moved to Vancouver years ago Then this type of thing wouldn't ever happen, right?

And at 6:20pm Pacific time, they said on the radio that there's 4000 people still standing outside GM Place - so I guess things are gonna go late into the night tonight!

And they said people might still have a chance to score a wristband and get in!!

Hmm...now I'm seriously considering going. I'm in Chilliwack and i'm off work at 7pm so I could probably be there by 8pm if I wanted to...what to do, what to do....

u2girlcj said:

Ditto. x2

:hug: :sad:

I mean, it's not like it would be all that interesting to watch, I've heard these kind of shoots can take hours and be very tedious...

:censored: it!!! :mad: :madspit: I wanna see Bono waiting for camera angles and makeup and lights, camera, action. :sad:

I knew I should have moved to Vancouver years ago Then this type of thing wouldn't ever happen, right?

I thought I was pushing it writing an exam today: Apr 27. and then flying out tomorrow before returning the next day, only to write a huge exam on Sat. A.M.

Having read your posts...I feel WAY better.

Study...then go hard on Friday. (no more posting till then, study!, then give us the best write-up EVAH.

Raid said:
Hmm...now I'm seriously considering going. I'm in Chilliwack and i'm off work at 7pm so I could probably be there by 8pm if I wanted to...what to do, what to do....

If it were me, I'd go, but then again it's not me. :huh: Well, if you go, good luck!!

MELSBUD, YOU LIVE IN VANCOUVER DON'T YOU?

WELL GOOO!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT IS STOPPING YOU?

xtal, I live in Richmond, which is about 40 minutes away from GM Place. When I first heard about it, there were 2000 spots left. When I heard about it again under an hour later, there were under a thousand. By the time I could get down to GM, it either would have filled up or it would be after 5pm. Plus I'm going on a goddamn European vacation tomorrow morning and I haven't started packing yet, and now I'm really resenting this trip. First I had to get rid of my Vancouver seats for the 28th and 29th, and THEN I missed this.

/rant

So now I'm sitting here, sad with you folks. But if anyone is going to be hanging outside of GM Place later on tonight, maybe they'll catch a glimpse of the boys leaving?

ladywithspinninghead said:
And at 6:20pm Pacific time, they said on the radio that there's 4000 people still standing outside GM Place - so I guess things are gonna go late into the night tonight!

And they said people might still have a chance to score a wristband and get in!!

:| I hope to hell you're messing with me. THis is the kind of thing that could haunt me the rest of my life. I'd 'ev been there at 6 :mad:

melsbud said:
xtal, I live in Richmond, which is about 40 minutes away from GM Place. When I first heard about it, there were 2000 spots left. When I heard about it again under an hour later, there were under a thousand. By the time I could get down to GM, it either would have filled up or it would be after 5pm. Plus I'm going on a goddamn European vacation tomorrow morning and I haven't started packing yet, and now I'm really resenting this trip. First I had to get rid of my Vancouver seats for the 28th and 29th, and THEN I missed this.

/rant

So now I'm sitting here, sad with you folks. But if anyone is going to be hanging outside of GM Place later on tonight, maybe they'll catch a glimpse of the boys leaving?

oh f it nevermind. I need to focus more. :crack:

enjoy Europe! :wave:

Thank you! I'll be sitting on the plane tomorrow, cursing that I could have been at Vancouver 1 instead. I'll be sure to get to a Net cafe and look for your reviews! I wish we could have met up! If only 'twas tonight. :-(

Too bad about this no cell phone policy. I'm dying for updates! I haven't even started to pack yet because I'm waiting to see what's going on!

melsbud said:
Thank you! I'll be sitting on the plane tomorrow, cursing that I could have been at Vancouver 1 instead. I'll be sure to get to a Net cafe and look for your reviews! I wish we could have met up! If only 'twas tonight. :-(

Too bad about this no cell phone policy. I'm dying for updates! I haven't even started to pack yet because I'm waiting to see what's going on!

I know. this whole thing has messed me up today! I am going to have to do some SERIOUS bullshitting in my English finals tomorrow!!

Hey, I'm hoping they'll decide not to finish the tour in Portland and come back to Seattle to finish it off in Dec. Let's think good thoughts for that!!!

*sending good vibes to Seattle*

Screw Vancouver; Seattle was phenomenal, and I'm a big believer in "if it ain't broke..." :wink:

I take it that dabiggest's silence means he may have gotten in? Are you staying the night in Vancouver on Friday?

melsbud said:

Screw Vancouver; Seattle was phenomenal, and I'm a big believer in "if it ain't broke..." :wink:

I take it that dabiggest's silence means he may have gotten in? Are you staying the night in Vancouver on Friday?

no, i'm pretty much stuck here in LA

melsbud said:

Right you are! It will be hard to surpass Seattle, but if it's even half the show on Friday, it's still good enough for me.

I keep checking to see if dabig has posted any reports. You know, I'll feel partially responsible for getting you in, dabig, since I yelled at you to go. First time I ever yelled on Interference :lol:

Friday night I'm at the Wedgewood. Looked cute, close, and a pretty good deal on expedia. My fave hotels were already sold out.

C'mon dabiggest! We wanna hear about your turn as a video star!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom