U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed (General Discussion/Info)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earnie Shavers said:

I wonder if it was even done at the studio (not all of Dentons interviews are).

Someone on the mailing list found out from ABC that it was done in a hotel.

What a great interview, what a great day.

Paul is a fantastic man and I don't want to spoil it for all of you who are going to watch it tonight.

But I will say you will get to know more about Paul Hewson through this interview than about Bono.

That's what i heard as well! Just as well, i was nearly going to take a day off so i could go the ABC studios, i would have rocked on up and not been able to see the man!
Anyways i've got the laptop ready to tape the show! Then i will hopefully upload it successfully!

Bono in Sydney said:

Paul is a fantastic man and I don't want to spoil it for all of you who are going to watch it tonight.

But I will say you will get to know more about Paul Hewson through this interview than about Bono.

Spoil it, spoil it :hyper:

according to atu2.com's site:

U2 Hints at November Tour

ABC (AU), March 13, 2006

U2 frontman Bono says the band will probably be coming back to Australia in November.

U2 cancelled this month's tour because one of the band's family was extremely ill.

Bono has told the ABC's Enough Rope he cannot give specific dates just yet, but he has promised fans a great concert.

"Because it'll be the only time, you know, we get a chance to play these songs for a long time, it will be extraordinary," he said.

(c) ABC News Online, 2006.

Bono in Sydney said:

was he wearing his hat?

Bono had his hat off and his pink glasses on.

The interview is in a hotel room around the corner from where he is staying.

when he is nervous Bono always goes on a charm offensive.

And yes he is taller than Andrew Denton.

They just had aired a promo of Bono and Denton together chatting. Denton said he had bumped the Queen (who is in town) to interview Bono. Bono said no doubt photos of the Queen in her nightrobe would be on the front pages of tommorows paper. :lol:

Suprisingly funny. :lol:

u2wedge said:

Actually it is as far as I can tell. U2's tour is promoted by TNA, a unit of Live Nation Inc., the recently spun-off live-entertainment arm of Clear Channel Communications Inc.

I was talking about Michael Coppel Presents, the local Australian promoter, and that you won't be likely to hear details about other countries from them. I didn't word that correctly.

Do you know who will or may annouce the info on Japan/Hawaii dates? I heard that the info might be announced tomorrow, but from what source?:confused:Help anyone? :sigh:

I think it increases the chances for more dates, not less. It would be cool to see U2 hit up a few new cities/countries in this neck of the woods.

tryan101 said:

I was talking about Michael Coppel Presents, the local Australian promoter, and that you won't be likely to hear details about other countries from them. I didn't word that correctly.

My bad.. I thought I read somewhere that Coppel was associated with Clear Channel, kka Live Nation.

Popmartijn said:

The remaining dates of this tour have been postponed because of a severe illness of direct family of the band. Of course everyone is concerned about this person's health. That's a given here.
But it also has changed the lives of others. )

"Changed the lives of others"??!!!

You, sir, are a complete ass. Changed your LIFE?! For all we know, someone's life may actually hang in the balance. That's pretty different from having to reschedule a holiday trip. Sheesh.

What's that line from the Oasis song? "Please don't put your life in the hands / of a rock n' roll band..."

LyricalDrug said:
"Changed the lives of others"??!!!

You, sir, are a complete ass. Changed your LIFE?! For all we know, someone's life may actually hang in the balance. That's pretty different from having to reschedule a holiday trip. Sheesh.

What's that line from the Oasis song? "Please don't put your life in the hands / of a rock n' roll band..."

Thank you for being a mindless moron (and probably a spoiled brat too). I guess reading the whole post seemed a bit too much for you. Then again, taking into consideration that you were ad nauseam repeating rumours (but suddenly presented as 'official' by you) that were discussed on this board for the past week or so, I guess I couldn't expect something better from you.

Now, if you can now take the courtesy to read my whole post, then I hope you can see how much an ass you've made of yourself.
To start with, I never even talked about my life.

:sigh:

People! People! Can we get it together people? Can we all just mellow out! Mellow out! Brothers and sisters!

(Mick at Altamont)

Please stop calling each other ASS and MORON.

Think up some new insults, those are overused.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled programming

4U2Play said:
People! People! Can we get it together people? Can we all just mellow out! Mellow out! Brothers and sisters!

(Mick at Altamont)

Please stop calling each other ASS and MORON.

Think up some new insults, those are overused.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled programming

I'm partial to "simpleton" and "dimwit" :wink:

Back
Top Bottom