U2 Tour - How far will you go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. BAW

ONE love, blood, life
With the pending announcement of the U2 tour, I've discussed the endless possibilities with BAW and the following cities are in our sights....

LA/Orange/San Diego/San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
Dallas
Phoenix
Las Vegas
Vancouver - The Greater Northwest
Washington DC/Maryland
New York
Toronto
Detroit
Chicago
Boston

Anyone else make any plans?????

i will probably just go to one of the so cal ones, unless i can't get good tickets then i am willing to go as far as i need to.

Only one for me... Toronto. I can't remember if they play in Montreal or not. If they do, then I might head over there as well.

dunno.
i don't think i will go to as many shows this tour.

money, kids and wedding plans etc.

i do look forward to meeting up w a few interlanders in wonderamaland:wink:

db9

GibsonGirl said:
Only one for me... Toronto. I can't remember if they play in Montreal or not. If they do, then I might head over there as well.

yeah, there's serious travelling involved for us eastern canadians. TO, i will be there, whether i can afford it or not.

:up:

Since I'm broke and in too much debt/have other responsibilities, I'm not traveling anywhere. Travel and honestly dealing w/ some other fans can ruin your experience to some extent.

I'll be happy w/ one if that's all I get

France/ Spain

This was my Dads idea. We were talking about how quickly the Slane shows sold out and I was only lucky enough to get my ticket because I was walking past a shop when they put up signs about slane 2 so we have to have some back up plans. We have told my Mum that we would go to France/ Spain because it would help improve my French/ Spain if we seen U2 there. :laugh:

I'll be in Toronto. 50/50 chance of Buffalo and Montreal. And then I'll fly out somewhere in the US to see them (LA/Chicago/Boston), where I can make it into a mini-vacation and see 2-3 shows at the same time.

I'm not sure about Europe this time around. It depends on whether I am there in the summer or not.

dandy said:

yeah, there's serious travelling involved for us eastern canadians. TO, i will be there, whether i can afford it or not.

:up:

Gah, I wish they'd play at least one show in eastern Canada. Surely they'd do well at a place like Halifax? The representative from Dal who came to speak to us 2005 high school graduates claimed that Halifax has the highest population under the age of 30 in all of Atlantic Canada. So U2 definitely could do well there. Damn mainlanders get everything. :(

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

Gah, I wish they'd play at least one show in eastern Canada. Surely they'd do well at a place like Halifax? The representative from Dal who came to speak to us 2005 high school graduates claimed that Halifax has the highest population under the age of 30 in all of Atlantic Canada. So U2 definitely could do well there. Damn mainlanders get everything. :(

Yeah, you'd think they'd have played Halifax at least once by now. Halifax certainly has a large enough venue, and I would bet good money that they'd have no problems having the gig sell out. Would make it a lot easier for me to get to them... I haven't actually seen them live before, so I'm way overdue. So, Toronto it is.

anitram said:
I'll be in Toronto. 50/50 chance of Buffalo and Montreal. And then I'll fly out somewhere in the US to see them (LA/Chicago/Boston), where I can make it into a mini-vacation and see 2-3 shows at the same time.

I'm not sure about Europe this time around. It depends on whether I am there in the summer or not.

I'm just going to follow anitram. :wink:

And, either Edmonton or Calgary. Wherever they grace us with their presence.

Getting tickets might be my only issue (as well as money)

USA -> Miami Opening night + 2nd Show (if i can get a seat, and if theres 2 miami gigs)

Australia -> Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adeliade, Perth.

Miami is really on my wish list....but its possible i can get there....
The aussie gigs will happen, Tickets will be an issue again there.

I'm thinking about hitting Boston and Montreal.

I went to Boston for the last tour. It was a 3 hour drive to get to a city where I could catch a Greyhound bus, then I was on a bus for about 6-7 hours just to get to Boston. But it was well worth it!

Montreal is about a 9-10 hour trip from here too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom