U2 Tour, Forum, Fans - I'm off!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOOTVTOURist

Refugee
@all
It is really embarassing, how (too) many people treat each other in here. In a lot of discussions there's no tolerance, no feeling for others' attitudes. On the other hand there is the phenomenon, that some people find - related to the anonymity of this medium - a certain strength to bitch around, push others against walls with words or - maybe even worse - make fun out of other people and offending them. And all of this without those persons, who should be moderating in the pure Latin sense of that word.
So: Thanx to those, who shared with me a good time here, Im gonna miss you and the possibility exchanging memories and attiituted towards U2's music. For the others: I'm really fed up with you, go on with your studid behaviour - and every additional thought will be a waste of time for me, I guess. To cite Led Zep: "I'm gonna leave you ..."

It's too bad that people feel they need to leave the forums they used to enjoy ...

... on the other hand, it's not a true internet fandom until at least one person storms off and leaves with a grand announcement.

ZOOTVTOURist said:
@all
It is really embarassing, how (too) many people treat each other in here. In a lot of discussions there's no tolerance, no feeling for others' attitudes. On the other hand there is the phenomenon, that some people find - related to the anonymity of this medium - a certain strength to bitch around, push others against walls with words or - maybe even worse - make fun out of other people and offending them. And all of this without those persons, who should be moderating in the pure Latin sense of that word.
So: Thanx to those, who shared with me a good time here, Im gonna miss you and the possibility exchanging memories and attiituted towards U2's music. For the others: I'm really fed up with you, go on with your studid behaviour - and every additional thought will be a waste of time for me, I guess. To cite Led Zep: "I'm gonna leave you ..."

Wha wha wha...grow some balls.

corianderstem said:
It's too bad that people feel they need to leave the forums they used to enjoy ...

... on the other hand, it's not a true internet fandom until at least one person storms off and leaves with a grand announcement.

OMG I DID THAT WHEN I WAS IN WIRE!!!!

gimme a break, I was 12, and Jick drove me nuts :wink:

popmart86 said:
um would you rather be in one of those lame forums where mods wont let you say anything at all?? jeeeez!!!!!!!!!:madspit: :mad: :huh:

Please no dissenting from what is the common good.

Actually, in regards to the internet being an interesting place, I find this forum to imitate life in many aspects. All the same type of characters. Every office has a Jick, a KEUF, a Chizip, and of course a Mr. Brau1.

So, is this person's life so different?

Last edited:
cmb737 said:

Please no dissenting from what is the common good.

Actually, in regards to the internet being an interesting place, I find this forum to imitate life in many aspects. All the same type of characters. Every office has a Jick, a KEUF, a Chizip, and of course a Mr. Brau1.

So, is this person's life so different?
aww thanks you gave me a mention, but please dont put me as the nerdy person with the glasses

KUEFC09U2 said:
aww thanks you gave me a mention, but please dont put me as the nerdy person with the glasses

Kevin, you so are :adam:

And another thing, there is certainly no Chizip in my office :no:

So do we have this kind of guy at Interference? The guy who says his own name instead of saying I or ME ?,, I work with such a guy and getting a bit weird...

-----Actual conversations from yesterday------(Lets call him steve)

Steve: Look, Steve made coffee !!

Me: Why not just say I made coffee

Steve: What do you mean? Steve made coffee and now Steve drinks the coffee.

Later...

Me: Do you have the data from last night?

Steve: Steve put them over there

Me: Where?

Steve: Steve remember that he put them over at that desk. But Steve was a bit distracted because Steve didn´t sleep very well the day before. Steve is going out to a club this weekend, Steve wóuld like to invite you.

Me: Thanks but i have plans

Steve: Steve is gonna have a good time. Steve thinks it would be fun to hang out outside work.

Me: Have fun

yimou said:
So do we have this kind of guy at Interference? The guy who says his own name instead of saying I or ME ?,, I work with such a guy and getting a bit weird...

-----Actual conversations from yesterday------(Lets call him steve)

Steve: Look, Steve made coffee !!

Me: Why not just say I made coffee

Steve: What do you mean? Steve made coffee and now Steve drinks the coffee.

Later...

Me: Do you have the data from last night?

Steve: Steve put them over there

Me: Where?

Steve: Steve remember that he put them over at that desk. But Steve was a bit distracted because Steve didn´t sleep very well the day before. Steve is going out to a club this weekend, Steve wóuld like to invite you.

Me: Thanks but i have plans

Steve: Steve is gonna have a good time. Steve thinks it would be fun to hang out outside work.

Me: Have fun

This sounds like Jimmy from Seinfeld.

edited to say: Poor ZooTVtourist, even his farewell post has reared off topic.

Ellay said:
Is Steve a professional boxer?

Nope, just a typical smart a.. kind of guy.

Seriously then i dont even know what made ZOOTVtourist leave and my post was not intended to make him look like Steve the fool :up:

once again someone feels the need to leave this place, i think some should be assahmed at themselves

Yeah, the guy leaving! Compared to the scifi board where I spend most of the time this is an very decent and well mannered place. Its only drawback that some people have very long toes whenever somebody dares to say something about U2 which is critical.

If anyone was deliberately baiting or attacking ZooTVTourist, then they should feel ashamed. Otherwise, it's just the internet.

It's sad to say, but you have to learn to let things roll off your back and not take things personally on the internet. It's a zoo out there ... uh, here. Parts are civilized, but you're going to run across jerks, know-it-alls, and attention whores everywhere.

Call me cynical, but when someone announces they're leaving an internet forum, I tend to think they're just looking for a bunch of people to come running, begging them to stay and saying, "Don't go! Weeeee loooooooove yooooooou!"

People that really want to leave a forum just up and leave without a grand announcement. Since ZooTVTourist hasn't made a reappearance here, maybe that's just what he's done.

And if that's the case, then I tip my nonexistent hat to him and hope he finds somewhere more to his liking.

Agrees with corianderstem

I have never tried it but i read that you can activate some ignore thingy on other members. I am not sure if its true, but some people might find it useful it seems ( If nobody talks with me anymore then i know my advice have been heard :wink: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom