U2 to play Providence 4/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bostonfly

The Fly
I have a good friend who works at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, RI. He called me today to tell me he just found out that U2 will be playing on April 5th.

That's all he was able to tell me at this point. I am not sure if it is 100% confirmed for the 5th or if it will be a date around that. He has always been right before when it came to concerts at this venue.

If it is anything like the last show in Providence it should be great!. Last time they played Party Gir, Out of Control, Wild Honey and Slow Dancing.

If / When I hear more I will be sure to post.

Again, nothing is confirmed yet (obviously because the band has not made the official announcement) But I believe me "source" on this one :)

:drool: I would be the happiest person alive if this turns out to be true.

It's a possibility; the PBruins aren't playing that night, PC basketball should be over...we'll see...

I will be sure to post any other news I get.

This sure is an exciting time to be a fan!

on the center's official site there's nothing, no NHL (without the lockout) and no special events, its a mon & tues. 4/5

RademR said:
on the center's official site there's nothing, no NHL (without the lockout) and no special events, its a mon & tues. 4/5
We don't have NHL, just the Baby Bruins, the minor leagues of hockey. :wink:

Which Irish bar? :laugh: Ri-Ra is my favorite, but I wouldn't call it big, since they close off half of it after dinner.

Since I saw them last tour in Providence on the first leg (Halloween)--it was an amazing, SMALL venue to see them at!
Still disappointed because I thought they would be playing Boston in April. BOOOO!:madspit:

Well, if they're willing to consider 'small' arenas like DDC in Providence, then I don't see why Manchester's Verizon Wireless Arena wouldn't be a possibility. Both buildings are about the same size. And it's not as if Manchester is 'way out of the way' relative to Providence.

Also, not mentioned in the 'official' release is whether the band is indoors or outdoors when they come back to the U.S. in the fall. That information was conspicuously absent.

Chris in NH

bostonfly said:
If it is anything like the last show in Providence it should be great!. Last time they played Party Gir, Out of Control, Wild Honey and Slow Dancing.

It was also Larry's birthday, that is why Party Girl and Slow Dancing were done. It had nothing to do with the show being in Providence.

Will be interesting to see what the touring pattern looks like. They have typically hit Providence and Worcester on first legs until Elevation. I have heard this tour pattern is going to follow more of their traditional patterns from the past, so I wont be shocked if they are playing these venues.

Back
Top Bottom