u2 to play London 9th June 2007!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philwool

Babyface
Hi all,

There is an ad in today's Daily Star (English daily newspaper) by a company called Premier Entertainments that is advertising ticket and hotel packages for U2 in London on 9th June 2007 and Paris on 15th June 2007!
There is no website address given but there is a telephone number which i have rung but it is tripping straight to an answering machine.
Has anybody got any further info?

P.S For anybody with a copy of today's paper it's on page 42.

Can't see that somehow, just another "ticket agency" trying to fleece the gullible.

Axver said:

I'd agree with this.

I think I also have to agree with this as well. Highly unlikely folks.

I think some people are fixin to get fleeced as mentoned..:|

Also, as the last poster mentioned maybe it is in reference to the U2 3D Movie that is due out. And if its in post production that is what we will probably be getting that is U2 related this year.

dazzlingamy said:
hahahaha! Alice has a beach! :p It may be a beach to a dirty little swimming hole, but its still a beach!

Ever been surfing there? :drool:

philwool said:
Hi all,

There is an ad in today's Daily Star (English daily newspaper) by a company called Premier Entertainments that is advertising ticket and hotel packages for U2 in London on 9th June 2007 and Paris on 15th June 2007!
There is no website address given but there is a telephone number which i have rung but it is tripping straight to an answering machine.
Has anybody got any further info?

P.S For anybody with a copy of today's paper it's on page 42.

Just seen it too in the Sunday Mirror, doing France too?

Here's the web site http://www.globaleventsdirect.com/category/1190?PHPSESSID=1faf8d6fd1d9d2c7d9712c55d30758dd

And look at them prices :ohmy:

They did something like this before the Vertigo shows were announced.

Highly unlikely, although one dutch tour operator advertises with trips+tix to a U2 show at Bercy, France in 2007.. I suppose we all take these ads with a big bag of salt...

Kind of funny, IORR.org, a reliable Rolling Stones fansite claims that the Stones are rumoured to play the Stade France on June 16... .... It's more likely that the Stones will play.. The Stones cancelled a number of shows last year due to Keith Richards falling from a palm tree... ..It is indeed rumoured amongst Stones fans that Jagger&Co. are meeting the requirements of their contracts..

Re: Re: u2 to play London 9th June 2007!

Anji said:

Just seen it too in the Sunday Mirror, doing France too?

Here's the web site http://www.globaleventsdirect.com/category/1190?PHPSESSID=1faf8d6fd1d9d2c7d9712c55d30758dd

And look at them prices :ohmy:

No they aren't doing France or London. They are touts trying to seperate people from their money for non-existent concerts which well then never get refunded in full. If there was any prospect of a tour then rumours from far more credible sources would have already started.

It might be slightly more believable if the tickets weren't on offer yet, but as they are links on that website to 'buy tickets now' (that involve you sending your credit card details..) I find it very unlikely.
A shame, I would love it to be true :drool:

im actually kind of open minded to this....

i took a chance and bought tickets from an agency like these guys for one of the Vertigo Dublin gigs about 6 months before it was announced.

Granted the dates were initially wrong but when they were confirrmed the tickets were just transferred to the new dates - perfectly valid, perfectly legal just very overpriced!

I'm personally of the mind that if any has gig details - vague or otherwise - before the general public, its ticket agencies like these.

it would be the one date that I cannot do this but Paris looks promising....
I wonder if this is true..... as the rumor mill on the Robbie Williams fandom say that HE is opening Wembley Stadium on June 9th

I am sure we will find out soon enough

Lisa

digsy said:
im actually kind of open minded to this....

i took a chance and bought tickets from an agency like these guys for one of the Vertigo Dublin gigs about 6 months before it was announced.

Granted the dates were initially wrong but when they were confirrmed the tickets were just transferred to the new dates - perfectly valid, perfectly legal just very overpriced!

I'm personally of the mind that if any has gig details - vague or otherwise - before the general public, its ticket agencies like these.

Yeah, it looks like you buy the tickets in advance and if the event never happens, you're probably refunded or never charged in the first place.

I went to the site and it reminded me of a lot of travel sites I checked to book a room for Hawaii. You choose a hotel and room and enter in all the info. If that room is actually available, they reserve it and if not they contact you to say to try something else and you're never charged.

It looks like using any other legal scalper site, just in advance rather than after the show is sold out.

I would just be wary of sending credit card info over a web form to an agency I've never dealt with before.

Gotta love the "Art Galfunkel" spelling.

They also have dates for Genesis and The Police. Odd that Genesis would be playing seperate cities, with a stadium show, on consecuative dates. I didn't know The Police were playing stadiums at all.

U2FanPeter said:
Gotta love the "Art Galfunkel" spelling.

They also have dates for Genesis and The Police. Odd that Genesis would be playing seperate cities, with a stadium show, on consecuative dates. I didn't know The Police were playing stadiums at all.

The Genesis dates are genuine, those went on sale last year. The Police are rumoured to be doing a tour this year but nothing is confirmed.

Here's my take on this....

We have two website offering the same tickets, for the same prices, for the same venues, on the same dates.

http://www.globaleventsdirect.com/event/100421
http://www.krystalsboxoffice.co.uk/event/100421

These are obviously the same company...check out 100421 event numbers. All the menus are the same, only formatted differently.

Here's an investigation that the BBC did on Krystals...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/reports/consumer_goods/consumer_20061205.shtml

Ok...they pissed a few people about. But if you wanted tickets for a particular venue for an approximate date, then they delivered. If a little over face.

I also found this on a Robbie site...
http://www.robbietribute.co.uk/blog/RobbieNews
at which in 2005 'made clear' that there were no shows planned for July 2006 despite Krystals offering tickets. And then he toured.

So it might be a little early to get excited. But I reckon there's some mileage in it - even if not enough to give over your hard earned cash. Unless that is you have a UK credit card - both retailer and card issuer are jointly liable so any cardholder would have recourse against the card issuer should they not deliver.

I stand to be corrected but when U2 gear up for a tour it is always pretty well known ahead of any announcement. Vertigo finished in Hawaii, it's done. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see them here in the UK again but they aren't a band to tour with nothing to promote. The next dates will come with the next album

Could all this have something to do with new Wembley opening up this spring. I would think that the Stones would at least open Wembley. But....

From Wiki----The first band announced to play the rebuilt Wembley Stadium are British band Muse, who will perform two dates at the venue on June 16 and June 17, 2007, although it is unknown whether they will be the first band to perform a concert there.[1]----

Maybe it has something to do with the wembley opening - I heard lots of bands were going to do a concert to open it, but they wouldn't just list that as a u2 concert if that was true. Would they?

Back
Top Bottom