U2 to Film in New York?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
Ticketmaster says to be at the venue no later than one hour before show and tickets are priceer than other shows. Do you think they are filming in New York on the 21st?

SMB

I thought that at first.... Then checked.... And Boston was done first leg last time. I guess we'll see.

SMB

Tickets are priceier because the venue is charging some extra money...they did that in a lot of places (but not Chicago!).

Shawn Bonneau said:
Ticketmaster says to be at the venue no later than one hour before show and tickets are priceer than other shows. Do you think they are filming in New York on the 21st?

SMB

Probably not. Ever since 9/11 you have to be at MSG an hour early for all the events.

cmb737 said:
I think they are going to film the shows in Poland. Great vibe.

Lol
The audience is so great in europe and i think in poland too
The best u2's audience are in holland , italy , spain , france , england
just watch boston in 2001 , american audience sucks :madspit:

Re: Re: Re: U2 to Film in New York?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

not true. they recomend you get there an hour early at every arena, MSG included, but in no way are you required to get there an hour early.

Hmm, this was told to me by a friend who is a NYC cop after my husband wasn't allowed in to a hockey game. He got there a few minutes before the game was to start. According to my friend, the rule was always in place but not enforced at MSG until after the attacks.

I don't think they would...they used some film from different Boston shows in the Boston DVD...that's why you see Edge magically playing 2 different guitars in the same song. I would think they would need some footage from additional shows at the same venue for any continuity issues.

:shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 to Film in New York?

threwabrick said:

Hmm, this was told to me by a friend who is a NYC cop after my husband wasn't allowed in to a hockey game. He got there a few minutes before the game was to start. According to my friend, the rule was always in place but not enforced at MSG until after the attacks.

trust me... i've been to tons of events at giants stadium, MSG, shea stadium & yankee stadium since 9/11... if you show up 5 minutes before the game/event starts, you can get in, no questions asked. if you're a little late, you can get in. i've been late, i've been on time, i've been very early... i've gotten in without any sort of hassle each and every time. it's not an issue.

I think it's time for the Netherlands this time! :)

They did South America (Mexico), Australia (Sydney), North America (Boston). So this time tehy should do Europe! :) and since they stay for a week in Amsterdam....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 to Film in New York?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

trust me... i've been to tons of events at giants stadium, MSG, shea stadium & yankee stadium since 9/11... if you show up 5 minutes before the game/event starts, you can get in, no questions asked. if you're a little late, you can get in. i've been late, i've been on time, i've been very early... i've gotten in without any sort of hassle each and every time. it's not an issue.

Oh I trust you, but how bizarre :huh: wonder why they didn't let him in... he's not even a suspicious looking guy...

At least now I know I won't have to sit through Kings of Leon, thanks for the tip :wink:

starsgoblue said:
I don't think they would...they used some film from different Boston shows in the Boston DVD...that's why you see Edge magically playing 2 different guitars in the same song. I would think they would need some footage from additional shows at the same venue for any continuity issues.

:shrug:
They filmed two in a row - the first was just a "practice" to make sure everything was set up right and all. Notice how Streets is different in the normal version and the the "fan cam" special feature. They cut out the NBA bit and added the footage from the first. I think they only had one audio source though.

fmattyh said:
They filmed two in a row - the first was just a "practice" to make sure everything was set up right and all. Notice how Streets is different in the normal version and the the "fan cam" special feature. They cut out the NBA bit and added the footage from the first. I think they only had one audio source though.

Yeah, I'm sure about the audio thing. I just was mostly pointing to the fact that Gone has two different footage sources that I can see. ;)

If we think of the Cities where they play really good shows we are probably talking about Dublin, New York, Boston Chicago, London, Sydney, maybe Glasgow at a push. So giving that Elevation was Boston and Dublin and the Zoo TV Video was filmed in Sydney that would be a toss up between New York, London and Chicago. The Rolling Stones filmed from Twickenham so it's possible from there and given the All Because Of You video and the album launch I think they would want to avoid looking New York obsessed.
It would then be indoor versus outdoor Chicago versus London.

Back
Top Bottom