U2 Snubs Quebec City 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe I'm being daft, but wouldn't Celine Dion be the obvious choice for a huge celebration concert? Plus her Vegas stand should be wound up by 2008 - even though she keeps insisting on extending it :)

If not - get the Barenaked Ladies! :drool: :drool: :ohmy:

Guy Laliberté(Cirque du Soleil boss) has been ask to convince Bono to come with the band for the 2008 400th birthday celebration of Québec city...and the possibility is not dead.But if the band are on tour that year,it would be way much better of them to put Québec city on the tour schedual for 2 nights at Colisée Pepsi, instead of a 30-40 minutes set on the Plaine d'Abraham for a festival.

In the article in the newspaper here in Montreal they were talking about Laliberté having early discussion with Mcguinness and Bono for having a U2/Cirque du soleil show production in a few years ,like what they have done for the Beatles with the " Love" show.So who knows,maybe he may be able to convince them,for at least ,putting Québec City on the tour schedual for the next tour.Cirque du Soleil will be part of the 2008 Québec city 400th birthday celebration,btw.

Last edited:
Quebec's nice, but why? Why would U2 want to come to celebrate the anniversary of some random city that has nothing to do with them, nothing to do with where they came from, nothing to do with any of their charities or connections, and is essentially one of thousands of cities in the world?

This whole idea really baffles me. :slant:

Utoo said:
Quebec's nice, but why? Why would U2 want to come to celebrate the anniversary of some random city that has nothing to do with them, nothing to do with where they came from, nothing to do with any of their charities or connections, and is essentially one of thousands of cities in the world?

This whole idea really baffles me. :slant:

Is being offered the opening of the new Wembley Stadium the same situation?

Back
Top Bottom