U2 São Paulo I - setlist party source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
Since the TV broadcast will probably be 20-30 minutes delayed, I'll post info/setlist/concert updates at:

www.pesquisedireito.com/u2

Someone who WILL BE at the Setlist Party tomorrow, please email me at victor.fontes at gmail.com to get extra contact information.

See you all on Tuesday! :wave:

Awesome! :up:

Wish I could be here, but I'm going to miss at least some of the show due to university classes. I think I'll be here for the second half, though.

what time does the show begin? Isn't on 2/20? I'm posting this at midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning...

email=madeleinesmom@yahoo.com

and did you find out if you could stream it?

Went searching and came across this:

DSC01706-766238.JPG

Concert is on Monday February 20th 2006.
Start time 21h15.

São Paulo is 5 hours ahead of the Pacific Time Zone.

Also interesting to note:

DST ended on Sunday, February 19, 2006 at Midnight local daylight time.

They are 5 hours ahead of us.

We're 5 hours behind them.

That means the concert starts at 4.15 PM Pacific on Monday.

:(

Not a good time for me.
I start teaching at 4 PM.

4:15 on Monday? Hmmm - U2 should consult my work schedule before continuing the tour :lol: I'll probably be around... I find it hard to resist.

Do we know yet if there's any website that will be broadcasting/streaming? Does Victor have a mic hooked to his computer, and hook us up thru a yahoo chatroom or something? Anyone less technically challenged than I should jump in here - PLEASE! :huh:

now it's really off to bed!

i'm testing today an idea gorman had. We'll try to stream the TV Broadcast.
It's not 100% sure but i'll do my best.

If it fails, i'll keep feeding the thread with snapshots from the TV and at 02/21 evening i'll start the upload the DVD from the broadcast.

Lila64 said:
4:15 on Monday? Hmmm - U2 should consult my work schedule before continuing the tour :lol: I'll probably be around... I find it hard to resist.

Do we know yet if there's any website that will be broadcasting/streaming? Does Victor have a mic hooked to his computer, and hook us up thru a yahoo chatroom or something? Anyone less technically challenged than I should jump in here - PLEASE! :huh:

now it's really off to bed!

Maybe www.jovempanfm.com.br will have a REAL live stream from the concert.

Judging from the Rolling Stones concert this saturday (broadcasted by the same TV station will show U2) the concert will not be live.

The concert started at 10PM and the broadcast at 10:25PM or something close like that.

They did show full concert, but delayed.

It seems that AmagnyZoid is already taking care of the streaming. I'll be at the concert, unable to do anything besides text, and haven't found anyone able to. :(

You're right Victor_f, quite probably "Jovem Pan FM", as the official Vertigo Tour Brazil radio, will stream it.
The promoter of the brazilian leg is also the owner of the radio station.

Miringeltje said:
They are 5 hours ahead of us.

We're 5 hours behind them.

That means the concert starts at 4.15 PM Pacific on Monday.

:(

Not a good time for me.
I start teaching at 4 PM.

Note the ticket time says 21h15 - in most cases that is opening act time, is this true in Brazil as well? If so, then U2 will be on at more like 22h45 - that is 8:45PM Eastern, 5:45PM Pacific.

Pop Artist said:

Note the ticket time says 21h15 - in most cases that is opening act time, is this true in Brazil as well? If so, then U2 will be on at more like 22h45 - that is 8:45PM Eastern, 5:45PM Pacific.

Opening act will be on stage 8 PM.

That's weird, I work a lot with Brazil and up to this past Friday the difference was 4 hours from CST (I'm positive about that because I had a 9AM conference call last Thursday and had to get to work at 5AM to make it.)

I'm assuming Brazil went into Daylight Savings Time today and pushed there clocks back an hour last night?

ramblin rose said:
I'm assuming Brazil went into Daylight Savings Time today and pushed there clocks back an hour last night?

The DST just finished. But yes, we pushed back an hour.

I'm leaving to the airport right now!!! :hyper:

Dear Chile, Argentina, Japan, and Hawaii,

Look at how Brazil is on the ball with setlist sourcing. Please try to replicate this yourselves!

Sincerely,
Setlist Party Fanatics Of The World

PS For NZ/Australia, either myself or someone I know will act as source. When I'm sourcing, I'm going to need someone to text to (within NZ or Australia, depending on where the show is) if I am not streaming audio.

ramblin rose said:
That's weird, I work a lot with Brazil and up to this past Friday the difference was 4 hours from CST (I'm positive about that because I had a 9AM conference call last Thursday and had to get to work at 5AM to make it.)

Ok, so we think the show (U2, not opening band) will start at what time? And if there's a 25 minute delay in the broadcast...

Lila64 said:
Ok, so we think the show (U2, not opening band) will start at what time? And if there's a 25 minute delay in the broadcast...

victor_f said the opening band will be on stage at 8 PM.
So the 21h15 time might indicate when u2 is going to start.
With a 25 minute delay, the TV broadcast could start around 21h40.

4.40 PM Pacific.

Axver said:
PS For NZ/Australia, either myself or someone I know will act as source. When I'm sourcing, I'm going to need someone to text to (within NZ or Australia, depending on where the show is) if I am not streaming audio.

Prehaps you could text me, i'll just have to see what i'll be doing.

bono_man2002 said:

Prehaps you could text me, i'll just have to see what i'll be doing.

That'll work REALLY well at the Melbourne gigs. :wink:

Axver said:
Dear Chile, Argentina, Japan, and Hawaii,

Look at how Brazil is on the ball with setlist sourcing. Please try to replicate this yourselves!

Sincerely,
Setlist Party Fanatics Of The World

I'm pretty sure that Gorman is going to Hawaii :hmm:

nurse chrissi said:

I'm pretty sure that Gorman is going to Hawaii :hmm:

Oooh, yes, that's right!

I need to talk to him about streaming the Aussie shows too. Let's hope that works out! Considering how bad sound was in arenas though, I hate to think how this will sound in stadiums ...!

read this on someone's blog/website:

"The train of Naomi Naomi Campbell asked for 15 VIP tickets to Pao de Açucar space, the most VIP area at Morumbi stadium (feb 20)" :hmm:

It looks like the TV show broadcast will begin 1 hour after showtime, i.e. 10:20 PM local time after "Big Brother 6 Brazil".

Source:
Folha Online

Back
Top Bottom