U2´s New Tour, show concept

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hola amigos :wave:

Well, I had this mad idea a few hours ago, then I had to do something, but at the time I was doing that, I was thinking more and more in this show concept.

The Title "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" and single title "Vertigo" gives me some ideas. The main concept is a U2´s fighting against a powerful world lider ( not a man, a dark draw you can´t see his face until the end of the show ) who wants to drop an atomic bomb, but not an atomic bomb like the ones dropped out to Japan, is an atomic bomb that makes some changes in person´s attitudes and emotions ( something related with personal lyrics of HTDAAB ), and the band must try to find that bomb, but, given is NOT a physical bomb that you can see, is 100% harder. The band has some clues, so they´ll go to this lider´s building ( the Stage will be a front´s big building like Pentagon or KGB ) but they don´t know the room where is he, so trough concert Bono will moving around several different rooms, every one with some deep and dark feeling, like Hate, Fear, Vertigo, Greed, Hysteria, etc...but in the end Bono realizes the only way out is find his OWN room !!!!!

So the main stage will be a big goverment build front, and every time Bono goes to a room, the visual and the screen will have images for that feeling.
When Bono´s about to give up, he runs away out to the building and he has a meeting with his friends ( The Band goes to a mini-stage to perform an acoustic Set ) and then he comes back.

Finally he realizes he can´t see the evil world´s lidership, no matter how he tries, because is not a Person like all us, and that "person" may be one of us, of none of us as well, do you understand ?, so all that dark feelings may be an atomic bomb if we drop them to any other close person, like your friends, wife, children, etc.
So he can understand it´s not necessary to destroy the building, because the building may be your home, and you decides what do you want to have in that building, people´s blood ( Pentagon or any other militar building ) or honestly and hope.

What I´m trying to say... since HTDAAB seems to be a very personal album, this show must be a very personal show, with people´s most hidden and feared feelings, fighting against their own hope, dreams and their minds.

Well, I don´t know the new songs, but, thinking in old songs, I think these ones should be aproppiate for this performance: ( from Boy to present, considering both music and lyrics, and Bono´s possibilities now )

1- Out Of Control
2- An Cat Dubh/ Into The Heart
3- I Fall Down
4- Seconds
5- Surrender
6- A Sort Of Homecoming
7- Bad
8- WTSHNN
9- ISHFWILF
10- Running To Stand Still
11- Exit
12- All Along The Watchover
13- Acrobat
14- Love Is Blidness
15- Dirty Day
16- Gone
17- Please
18- Wake Up Dead Man
19- Stuck In A Moment

plus 6 songs from the new album, running time: 2 hours 30 minutes

COME ON MY FRIENDS, PUT ALL YOUR COMENTS, IDEAS, STAGE CONCEPTS, ETC HERE !!!!
:wave:

I think a setlist like this one will be outstanding for the overall concept. I made a little changes, considering the main performance´s narrative and music, so here it is, I hope you like it, any sugerence is welcome :yes: ( please, considere the shows concept !! )

1- Intro
2- New Song ( Heavy )
3- Out Of Control
4- New Song ( Slow and short )
5- An Cat Dubh/ Into The Heart
6- Surrender
7- Seconds
8- Stuck In A Moment
9- New Song ( Heavy )
10- Exit
11- A Sort Of Homecoming
12- Gone
13- New Song ( Mid Tempo )

14- ISHFWILF ( acoustic set )
15- Please ( acoustic set )
16- Wake Up Dead Man ( acoustic set )

17- All Along The Watchover
18- Dirty Day
19- Running To Stand Still
20- WTSHNN
21- All I Want Is You ( full strings ending )

- Encore-

22- New Song ( Heavy )
23- Miss Sarajevo
24- Acrobat
25- New Song ( Mid Tempo )
26- The First Time

The Edge, I´m dying for your coments and feelings about this :edge: I really hope you´ll love it as much as I do it :heart:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom