U2 receive best live act of 2005...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
U2 recieve best live act of 2005...

at todays q awards :), they beemed in live from new york, i havent seen the awards but its on U2.com.

very cool news :)

Re: U2 recieve best live act of 2005...

Q magazine said:
U2 recieve best live act of 2005...

FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC!

(excuse my language ;) )

Manchester first night and Barcelona are on a par!

seems Noel Gallagher's spat with U2 isn't over yet, check out his dig at The Edge:

"Noel calls his best album award, "Better than that token best live act award... Yeah, you can play guitar, well done."

This is after Liam called Edge a c**t for listening to tapes of his own shows.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

it's ridiculous. I find Noel very witty most of the time and great for a quick quote, but why start on U2? I thought they were mates, Noel has gone right down in my estimation, whereas Liam you expect this sort of thing from...

would love to know what he meant by "yeah you can play guitar well done" whats edge ever done to him?

did you see U2 speech?

chrissybaby said:
it's ridiculous. I find Noel very witty most of the time and great for a quick quote, but why start on U2? I thought they were mates, Noel has gone right down in my estimation, whereas Liam you expect this sort of thing from...

I like Oasis (remember they supported U2 on PopMart), but Noel has got a weird dry sense of humour.
Don't take everything he says as serious.
If he met Bono tomorrow they'd be mates.

Liam likes to wind people up so don't rise to his ways - he's harmless.

I saw Oasis on their latest tour and they were great, but the crowd were all little 'Liams' getting drunk and trying to be 'hard' - good group, but they have some (not all) asshole fans.

Oasis seem to have a problem with any music that is any good at the moment and i think it all boils down to jealousy,fair enough they started off really well themselves but after their first 2 albums they've gone downhill,can you see them being around for as long as u2? i don't think so because the public will only tolerate shite for so long......ahhh thats better it's good to let a bit of steam every now and again :wink:

Basically, Oasis blew their shot and are now left with getting into the news via the tabloids & cheap digs. If they put half the effort into their music and into sobering up as they do into being jackasses, they might make something of themselves again.

Anyway, great job by U2 on getting best live act! We all knew it was coming....:wink:

Last edited:
Great for U2......being recognised for what they are great at. Who cares about snide comments from Noel and Liam. Lets see if they can thrill and entertain 5 years from now, never mind 20!

assholes the gallaghers, fucking assholes
friends of U2? don't think so really, what you see its just for the photos

I'm surprised Noel was talking trash about The Edge...I thought they got along!

Oasis' latest album was better than "X&Y", in my estimation, but sold far fewer copies in the States. Noel's comment is just the latest example of the stupidity that ruined their career in this country.

Diane L said:
I'm surprised Noel was talking trash about The Edge...I thought they got along!

Oasis' latest album was better than "X&Y", in my estimation, but sold far fewer copies in the States. Noel's comment is just the latest example of the stupidity that ruined their career in this country.

:yes::up:

Yeh guys it was just a joke...that is how i even get on with my brothers...tis razzing, poking fun, having a laugh whatever...it's not serious..do you really think Noel would have presented that award to U2 at the Brits if he hated them? It was just a joke...

Indeed - I read the article (BBC) before and I didn;t make any connection to U2 - I just took it as meaning 'thanks for giving us a award as prestigious as BEST ALBUM rather than something like best band just because you can play guitar' - which could be considered a dig but i didnt think so...i suppose you would have to watch a video of how he said it!

Wonderful for U2!!--

but they beamed in live from NY?? When they were in Boston they told the audience they were filming for the Q awards, and they played ABOY for them, and came out and lined up beforehand.

Noel's sarcasm comes, in part, by the fact madonna won this award last year from a bitchy Elton John.

That, and the fact Oasis were not asked to do LIVE8.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
Noel's sarcasm comes, in part, by the fact madonna won this award last year from a bitchy Elton John.

That, and the fact Oasis were not asked to do LIVE8.

u2fp

Oasis were asked to do Live8, Liam wanted too but Noel didn't as he didnt like being told by Bob Geldof and Bono that his band "should" perform - apparently. Typical Noel :wink: I guess he felt all the bands were jumping on the bandwagon. I was disappointed that they didnt perform though, I felt that they were missed.

I like the band and a good chunk of their songs, but I can't stand them as people:mad:

Back
Top Bottom