u2 pulled a "phil collins"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popmart86

Acrobat
early in the day, u2 played live 8 and then flew down to vienna to do a show.

at live aid, phil collins was at wembley then flew down to philly to do some songs and drum for ZEPPELINNN!!!!:rockon:

these two transports arent that different, just a thought. U2 pulled a "Phil Collins" , just a thought.:| :huh: :wink:

he should have reunited with genesis [the trio wouldnt hurt].

plus plant, page, and jones should have came back.....with a different drummer of course.:wink: :drool: :drool:

Must've been cool for the Vienna folks to watch the band live on TV, then catch them live in person later the same night.

youssou n'dour & dido were actually the ones who pulled a phil collins-- performed in London with a duet on thank you, then flew to paris and performed a duet on 7 seconds (amazing song btw!)

I heard a rumor that Plant & Page were NOT happy with Collins' performace at Live Aid...

And bringing Phil back to Genesis ain't worth a dam with out Rael (Peter Gabriel for those who do not get the reference) :ohmy:

Peter Gabriel back in Genesis??? DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was kind of hoping for a surprise Police reunion but we all know that would never happen.

popmart86 said:
he should have reunited with genesis [the trio wouldnt hurt].

plus plant, page, and jones should have came back.....with a different drummer of course.:wink: :drool: :drool:
Oh god, no no no, never again. It would be too painful to watch another Zeppelin reunion and it should never under any account happen.

RIP Bonham and Led Zep. :(

its okay, sting doesn't need those other two guys, no one even knows who they are :)

but woulda been nice to see genesis.. ah well

I think you could call it a phil collins...sort of. The cool thing about the Collins thing was that he jumped on a concord (no longer in service) and outran the sun to get to philly. He flew through time zones and landed in time to play during the day in Philly after playing during the day in London. Plus, London to Philly is MUCH farther than London to Vienna. Unfortunately, now that the Concords are gone, that will never happen again.

Unfortunately, now that the Concords are gone, that will never happen again.

True. But if the A380 doesn't belly-flop, they could take the entire audience with them. Serve them tea and crumpets.

the reason why i say dido & youssou n'dour were the ones who really pulled a phil collins is because they performed at 2 live 8 concerts (and both duets were amazing)

that being said, phil collins jumping on a concorde was much cooler.. plus they actually COVERED it on TV.. most broadcasts probably didn't show the paris performance of dido & youssou

Sting has sucked ever since he ditched the Police. He's a self absorbed twat. And, Stewart Copeland is the best drummer I have ever seen live.

one4u2 said:
I was kind of hoping for a surprise Police reunion but we all know that would never happen.

Them performing together for their R&R Hall of Fame induction was a huge shock. But alas, never again... not even for Live8. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom