U2 Pissed Off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
I was reading an artical in u2tours.com that U2 is royally pissed off with recent rumors flying around the interent about the tour being posponed. These are rumors. U2 has made this very clear.

SMB

I have said this in another post...How can an unannounced tour be postponed? It hasn't started yet....It doesn't need to be postponed....If the dates were announced and they had to be cancelled/changed...then I would call that a postponement.... Since there is no official dates announced, then it is merely waiting for the announcement of the tour....

Well they did say 115 dates, Europe/US/Australia&Japan and McGuiness did say first show March 1st in Miami, so it's not like they gave zero info about the tour.

that is true...but those were statements made about what they thought the tour would be at that time...but these were by no means an official announcement of the tour...I believe that the tour was supposed to start in Miami on March 1st...no doubt....whether it will or won't has not been officially confirmed or denied at this point... Look at it this way.... If the March 1st show does not happen then that is the only thing that has been stated about the tour that will not happen....nothing else has been stated...so i would hardly call it a postponement....just a delay in announcing the specifics and maybe/possibly the cancellation of ONE show that they thought was going to happen.

Shawn Bonneau said:
I was reading an artical in u2tours.com that U2 is royally pissed off with recent rumors flying around the interent about the tour being posponed. These are rumors. U2 has made this very clear.

SMB

Which article? I don't see any indication of the level of pissed-offedness of U2 on the site's articles.

Shawn Bonneau said:

SMB

If so, why there's no clear statement on their official website??

U2.com is completely useless in such situations.

I know it is difficult for u2.com to make official announcements if they have nothing confirmed to give...but it would be nice to hear on a daily basis or so what they can tell us....just ignoring the whole situation is frustrating...

We don't know even if the rumor is true, let alone untrue.

All I remember is a post from someone in one of these threads 2 days ago who said she saw a recent (Dec) TV interview with the band in Italy and she said Edge sat through the interview looking uncharacteristically "quiet, even sullen" and said she was shocked, she thought something personal must be wrong with him as there couldn't possibly have been any problems with him and the band.

I wish I could find the post..I'm going to look now. I tell myself every day to stay off the net but I can't resist coming back here to get updates..."blue crack" indeed...

I'm taking that as my biggest lead so far. That can't be a lie.

Obviously I hope it was just a "bad hair day" that day, and he and Bono had a fight about something. We all have those!

Oops..did I say "bad hair day"? Maybe in Edge's case a "bad mustache day" or something...."ah, I missed a gray hair, those #$&%! didn't dye it enough"...he picked the wrong razor blade:)

But today I feel somewhat better...a rebuttal to recent statements and rumors is better than nothing at all!

I only hope the situation is sorted out soon..mt finances are currently shot..my nerves are shot already!

Last edited:
LuminousTimes said:
that is true...but those were statements made about what they thought the tour would be at that time...but these were by no means an official announcement of the tour...I believe that the tour was supposed to start in Miami on March 1st...no doubt....whether it will or won't has not been officially confirmed or denied at this point... Look at it this way.... If the March 1st show does not happen then that is the only thing that has been stated about the tour that will not happen....nothing else has been stated...so i would hardly call it a postponement....just a delay in announcing the specifics and maybe/possibly the cancellation of ONE show that they thought was going to happen.

Yes, it hasn't been official but they probably already had most - if not all- dates planned. If the announcement is delayed, would that not mean they're thinking about postponing dates too?

We also heard that the tour will now start March 28 in LA, and that the first leg scrapped concerts will be tagged to the fall shows in US.

:shrug:

U2girl said:

Yes, it hasn't been official but they probably already had most - if not all- dates planned. If the announcement is delayed, would that not mean they're thinking about postponing dates too?

We also heard that the tour will now start March 28 in LA, and that the first leg scrapped concerts will be tagged to the fall shows in US.

:shrug:

what you said is exactly my point...there are NO dates yet...there was a list of dates circulated...but those were NOT official dates NOR announced dates....they were merely RUMORED dates...you state that we heard the tour will now start in LA....again RUMOR...not fact, not official, right? so if this doesn't happen....was it postponed?

so maybe they had an itinerary worked out that for one reason or another cannot be carried out...it is a change in plans...for them...but not a change in plans for us...because we had never been given the plans...

LuminousTimes said:

what you said is exactly my point...there are NO dates yet...there was a list of dates circulated...but those were NOT official dates NOR announced dates....they were merely RUMORED dates...you state that we heard the tour will now start in LA....again RUMOR...not fact, not official, right? so if this doesn't happen....was it postponed?

so maybe they had an itinerary worked out that for one reason or another cannot be carried out...it is a change in plans...for them...but not a change in plans for us...because we had never been given the plans...

If the March 1st show doesn't happen - and it looks that way - yes IMO the tour dates are postponed. Paul McGuiness gave us that date. (I remember reading some fans had plans for the opening shows BTW)

The other dates were all rumored, yes.

Last edited:
Shawn Bonneau said:

SMB

U2 has made nothing clear at all.

And something on u2tours.com is also a rumor. So the rumor that U2 is pissed off is a rumor.

U2girl said:

If the March 1st show doesn't happen - and it looks that way - yes IMO the tour dates are postponed. Paul McGuiness gave us that date. (I remember reading some fans had plans for the opening shows BTW)

The other dates were all rumored, yes.

IMO if the March 1st show doesn't happen...then that show was cancelled/changed/postponed...you pick your adjective...but any and all other tour dates were not cancelled/changed/postponed because they never officially existed.

What makes you think other dates apart from March 1st don't exist in U2's itinerary right now- official or not?

And official or not, a postponed show is still a postponed show. (I mean, surely the March 1st show isn't the only one that is getting changed)

U2girl said:
What makes you think other dates apart from March 1st don't exist in U2's itinerary right now- official or not?

And official or not, a postponed show is still a postponed show. (I mean, surely the March 1st show isn't the only one that is getting changed)

But the point is, how can you postpone something that wasn't announced.

It's like saying, there's a chance you might marry in 2005. But it doesn't happen. Did you postpone the wedding? Maybe in your own personal world you did - but as far as everyone else is concerned, you didn't. Why? Because you never made an announcement of the wedding - there was just speculation you would marry.

In U2's case, McG did state the March 1st date. So that may be postponed or cancelled. However, as that was the ONLY date ever mentioned, no other dates are postponed because no announcement was ever made for those dates.

Make sense?

Now, in U2's personal world, most likely they are changing dates for whatever reason (illness, scheduling, tour delays, etc.). But as we never knew those dates, as far as we are concerned, the tour isn't postponed.

thank you...you got my point...for U2 and the people they need to run the show as it were...there most likely has been cancellations/changes/postponements...but for us U2 fans...there has been no cancellations/changes/postponements (save maybe the March 1st show in Miami, which we don't officially even know has been cancelled) therefore, all we can do is wait for the official announcement of the tour and tour dates...instead of questioning why dates that haven't been announced may be changed...

Re: Re: U2 Pissed Off?

LuminousTimes said:

Which article? I don't see any indication of the level of pissed-offedness of U2 on the site's articles.

I think it's the same article that's posted in the news section here. That article is really confusing by the way. But it does give a more optimistic slant.

Personally, I had already convinced myself that the whole 1st leg was cancelled. Maybe things aren't so dire?

*Pulls up to Burger King intercom*

"Yes, I'd like to cancel my order".

"Excuse me? You haven't ordered anything sir."

"Oh yeah."

No announced tour = no official postponement.

You can't "officially" postpone something that hasn't been officiallyunderway.

Shawn Bonneau said:

SMB

Until they say something officially and definitively, there are likely to be rumours. U2 should have enough savvy to know that.

If they are so pissed off, why dont they say something to clear the air? its always a mystery. Sources not commenting or denying things. i dont understand why everything they do is locked up and so covert........

LuminousTimes said:
thank you...you got my point...for U2 and the people they need to run the show as it were...there most likely has been cancellations/changes/postponements...but for us U2 fans...there has been no cancellations/changes/postponements (save maybe the March 1st show in Miami, which we don't officially even know has been cancelled) therefore, all we can do is wait for the official announcement of the tour and tour dates...instead of questioning why dates that haven't been announced may be changed...

To further clarify, technically, I didn't get *your* point - I've been stating the same things myself, independently of you.

As you and others have stated, how can you cancel or postpone something that hasn't been scheduled or announced?

doctorwho said:
As you and others have stated, how can you cancel or postpone something that hasn't been scheduled or announced?

I guess its the same as when the album was pushed back from the end of 2003 to March 2004 to June 2004 to November 2004, even though the only official release date we ever got was November 22/23 2004.

There are too many rumours that float around before anything official ever gets announced.

Poor Paul McGuiness, he's probably getting a lot of shit for ever mentioning the March 1st date.

doctorwho said:

To further clarify, technically, I didn't get *your* point - I've been stating the same things myself, independently of you.

hmmm..okay...i meant that in reading what you had posted...it was clear that you understood my position...not that i had swayed you towards it, by any means....just that you and i were on the same page...i wasn't trying to say that "my" point of view was a new one, the right one, or that i am crusading for others to share my view....just that you seemed to understand what i was saying while u2girl did not...

ramblin rose said:

I guess its the same as when the album was pushed back from the end of 2003 to March 2004 to June 2004 to November 2004, even though the only official release date we ever got was November 22/23 2004.

There are too many rumours that float around before anything official ever gets announced.

Poor Paul McGuiness, he's probably getting a lot of shit for ever mentioning the March 1st date.

that is a most excellent point!

Yes, but he shouldn't get any flak over announcing that first date even if they do end up postponing the tour. I seriously doubt he'd announce the first show of the tour if he knew The Edge couldn't leave his daughter.

jedi Larry said:
Yes, but he shouldn't get any flak over announcing that first date even if they do end up postponing the tour. I seriously doubt he'd announce the first show of the tour if he knew The Edge couldn't leave his daughter.

Of course not, he had no idea that anything would happen that might postpone the announcement or may even the tour.

I just imagine the poor guy kicking himself for opening his mouth before the actual official announcement.

Uh, I seem to remember that Paul was not the only one to give the March 1 date in a written interview. I recall Larry also saying the tour starts on March 1 in Miami in either the Rolling Stone, Spin or some other big magazine article. I know someone remembers which it was...

you know what shawn..don't post that kind of speculation on the Edge..regarding his son having leukemia on your website or in here. As was said a million times no one knows nor has it been made official who is ill in the edge's family and even that is not for sure. Until we have an official announcement or statement we all need to respect them by NOT POSTING RUMORS!

I am getting a little perturbed about all these rumors flying around here and elsewhere about this. It needs to stop!:mad: :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom