U2 Pissed Off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes: well said Doctor Who!

I too think its time for some official announcement to be made either way. "No tour or delay of due to... " Especially now that its been announced that they are not showing or only the two are appearing at these upcoming appearances. I think the speculations and rumors are flying pretty high now and after this latest update it will only get worse. Something needs to be said soon.

Teta040 said:

I can only think that there is some prpose in this...right now,it is so hard.

The purpose? People get ill. People die. It happens to everyone.

I just hope in this case, the situation is all just wicked speculation and rumor or, if there is some truth, that the illness is reversible and the person can recover.

However, again, the fact that U2 are no longer playing at these awards shows - and the fact that Edge is not attending - strongly suggests that, sadly, something "bad" is going on.

Therefore, make the announcement, end the speculation and let us ALL move on with our lives in the most positive and productive manner possible. It is horribly selfish, but if there is no tour, it's best for us to know as soon as possible, rather than keeping all of us wondering. Many of us need to arrange travel or vacation to see U2, and the earlier we can plan this the better. If there is no tour, so be it - at least we know. Plus, announcing now will allow Edge to fully focus on what is important - and not worry about tours or awards, etc.

In contrast, if there is no illness, or one that's not nearly as serious as speculated, again, let us know. This way we can wish the ill person a speedy recovery or realize that it's simple logistics causing problems. And we can then correspondingly continue planning to see U2 later in the year.

Silence may be golden, but it is not always healthy.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:yes: well said Doctor Who!

I too think its time for some official announcement to be made either way. "No tour or delay of due to... " Especially now that its been announced that they are not showing or only the two are appearing at these upcoming appearances. I think the speculations and rumors are flying pretty high now and after this latest update it will only get worse. Something needs to be said soon.

I wonder if U2's PM did this, would anyone believe them anyway? No one is believing the routing problem excuse. They probably figure "why bother?"

There was something from The Irish Voice (I'm not sure if it's a tabloid or not) about Sian being the one that's sick. Someone on Wire (YahooGroup) posted the article. It says she is being treated at a local hospital.

My prayers are with them!

Again..these are TABLOIDS.

I will not trust ANYONE until we have heard it from a band member's lips..or if Bono inadvertantly drops clues from the stage (songs, changed lyrics, Bible verses/prayers, etc.)..or even in the unlikely event he chooses to tell a fan somewhere on the street (GOd forbid any fan should be so ill-mannered as to ask though. IF i had a chance to meet them--a la Four Seasons in Bostom like last tiem..I'd have a nice chat with Bono--*IF my hands could stop shaking*:), and as I was saying goodbye, I'd give him a card for Edge and tell Bono, "If the rumor is true, (those exact words, I'd not need to say more)give this to him for me; and if it isn't well, throw it out." And say goodbye and leave it at that.)

Now that so many of us in the U.S. have gotten that U2.com email and it looks like there WILL be a tour.

This may be the first tour where Edge gets more goggling attention from fans than Bono. As if life won't be hard enough. I only hope we fans manage to be polite and respectful. There may be some real jerks out there--not on here, I mean. You know what I mean.

I can only hope the "mass prayers" have been working...

Let's hope that if this is true, Sian is one of the proverbial lucky 75+ percent who recover. (IF they caught it in time.)

Oh..BTW Jedi Larry...LOVE your name..have this sudden vision of Hayden in Vader Episode 3 costume wheezing in James Earl Jones voice. ("Vader breathing* "It's all about the Drooms..")
Are you ready for the volcano duel yet?:wink:

Last edited:
ok...people we don't know who or if anyone one is ill. It's just rumor that it is one of Edge's kids. Lets not use names here, like Sian as if it were a fact. cuz its not and leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom