U2 out of 10 so far this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2mixer

War Child
I'd give the lads an 8 :)

The reason for this is because they still kick ass live, but the setlist needs a bit of tinkering with.

Change the Streets segue drop Sometimes (sorry, Bono) bring in RTSS and can we have MORE surprises like Wild Horses - PLEASE (hint hint).

But I'd ALWAYS give the crowd a 10!!!
;)

DignityPassesBy said:
:angry: DROP SOMETIMES ... ARE YOU INSANE ... YOU MUST BE OR YOUR JUST A DICKHEAD ... sorry, i dont like to use my big voice ... but i think your a fool and should go away and think about what you've said!:shame:

Watch your mouth Ass-Wipe!

DignityPassesBy said:
lol someones sensitive

lol

Someone who doesn't think calling someone DICKHEAD isn't a big deal?

Okay then, good post DICKHEAD!

compared to all other tours by other bands, id give it an 8

compared to U2 tours, I'd give it a 5, average

Wow, this thread is off to a brilliant start.

I go with 6.

According to the Urban Dictionary -

1. Dickhead: a person who is an idiot and shows it all too well.
"Stop humping the chair! You're such a dickhead!"

Leg 1 was a 8 or 9. The setlist rotated and there were some rare gems being played. The stadium show or leg 2 is a 7 at best. Slowly turned into the typical U2 greatest hits show and the Vertigox2. Hopefully leg 3 will begin where the arena shows left off. The production of both shows is great. Way better than Elevation. Finally, Bono voice sounds its best in years.

Last edited:
Dublin 1: 9/10
Milan 2: 10/10
Gothenburg: 7/10
Copenhagen: 9/10

Overall effort on this tour: 9/10
Vertigo is my favourite U2 tour. Unbelievable (and long) setlists, Bono's voice is amazing, great stage design, it seems like they really enjoy touring again. I may be rating it a bit too high but I just know that the experiences I had this summer will never be matched by any other band.

VERTIGO x 2 ROCKS!!!!!! :rockon:
You never get it... :tsk:

DignityPassesBy said:
:angry: DROP SOMETIMES ... ARE YOU INSANE ... YOU MUST BE OR YOUR JUST A DICKHEAD ... sorry, i dont like to use my big voice ... but i think your a fool and should go away and think about what you've said!:shame:

Did you really think this is an acceptable way to respond to someone here? Please read the forum rules and watch the language and the personal attacks, guys.

definatley a 10, better setlist than elevation (people say static but the first night setlist on elevation was always the same, and thats pretty much all we got on the second leg was one city one show), longer setlist than elevation, bono's voice is brilliant, miss sarajevo, electric co, zoo station

so yep a 10, and up their with the best of them

God Part III said:
Dublin 1: 9/10

Honestly, I'm amazed at this rating. I was at that concert and the sound was the worst of any gig I have ever been too. I appreciate this may have been just in the stands.

My rating for Dublin 1 is 3/10.

I will be a bit more generous in rating the tour as a whole, based on the live snippets I have heard from other concerts - 6/10 for the tour as a whole - some memorable performances such as Miss Sarajevo, but not really up to ZooTV and Popmart standards. Must try harder, U2!

cmb737 said:
Wow, this thread is off to a brilliant start.

I go with 6.

I don't mind passions running deep regarding the band, but personal attacks are another thing.

Maybe I shouldn't have retaliated, but at least the thread's up and runing now - hopefully it won't put people off posting.

6 is pretty low cmb737 - what are you thinking of!
You ******* **** **** @#!X$&!
;)

financeguy said:

Honestly, I'm amazed at this rating. I was at that concert and the sound was the worst of any gig I have ever been too. I appreciate this may have been just in the stands.

My rating for Dublin 1 is 3/10.

I will be a bit more generous in rating the tour as a whole, based on the live snippets I have heard from other concerts - 6/10 for the tour as a whole - some memorable performances such as Miss Sarajevo, but not really up to ZooTV and Popmart standards. Must try harder, U2!

I was GA, third row from the stage, in the bomb shelter, first row against Adam's catwalk. I had no sound problem at all.
I don't remember much of the performance actually. It was all so magical. This was my first U2 show you see.
I do remember that I didn't really stop to think "hey, I'm experiencing U2 live. It happens" before Elevation. I do remember getting eye contact with Adam. I do remember the first tears in my eyes when Beautiful Day began. I do remember losing my voice during I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, and that warm feeling that was Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Up until Miracle Drug I was in ecstasy. I remember the beginning of Where The Streets Have No Name, and how I felt that I'd never been that happy before. I remember crying again during One, and that sea of lights. I remember how I jumped and screamed during Zoo Station, and how I started off by being disappointed but ended up being utterly happy by With Or Without You.
I'm surprised I had the nerve to not give it 10/10.

I don't know what made you feel like that when sitting at your stand, but during the entire concert I was absolutely mesmerized. I didn't notice that it rained, and I paid no attention to the sound.
It was the experience of a lifetime for me.

I would say a 9 but a 10 for Manchester 2 Croke 2 Cardiff and Madrid.

No problems with Bonos voice its been amazing the first leg was just a warm up sorry folks! :wink:
Vertigo X2 brilliant!!
Would have liked a slightly more varied set list if it had been then thsi tour gets a 10 out of 10!!

Just think how good the 3rd leg will be, I think you will get much of the same!!!

Philly 1 = 7/10

(note that I consider one of the MSG Elevation Shows a 10 / 10).

I hope that DC in the 3rd leg gets even closer to that masterpiece... :hyper:

San Diego 3/28 Rating: 9+/10
San Jose 4/09 Rating: 9/10 (front row)
San Jose 4/10 Rating: 9/10 (better show than first night, but i was way up in the upper level, so not as enjoyable)

i'd rate the tour an 8 because it's not the best at all. the setlist aren't changing enough. and the last tours have all been better than the Vertigo Tour.

whole tour- 10/10

- a lot of rarities like electric co, an cat dubh/ith, rtss, miss sarajevo, zoo station (who thought this one gonna be play ever again??? :drool: IF zoo station has been played- believe me- than EVERY song can appear! even dirty day, mofo, hmm acrobat? :p), the best version of the fly EVER, wgrywh, "40".

- new songs: vertigo, cobl, love and peace sound GREAT live, I wish they'll back on the future tours! other new songs like md, sometimes, oots and yahweh work also good, the only one that doesn't do much on me live is aboy, strange cause it's one of my favourites on the album.

- performance is great, Bono's voice sounds waaay better than on elevation or popmart (when I was listening to miss sarajevo from amsterdam 3 for the first time I had my mouth open, wow, he's voice is really getting better and better!), the setlists are nearly perfect. You got old stuff like iwf, electric co, classic hits (pride, wtshnn, one, ishfwilf, aiwiy), something for 90's fanatics like me :D (zoo station, the fly, mw- I can even forgive U2 that there are no zooropa and pop songs :wink:) and as I said before- new songs work BRILLIANT live, much better than atyclb stuff!

IMO this tour has the best things from the previous tours combined together in a great way. It also has many memorable events, like polish flag for example which me and 70 000 other fans made. :D If I had to compare this tour to the previous ones it would look like that:

- zoo tv/popmart
- vertigo
- elevation
- lovetown
- others (sorry 80's fanatics :wink:)

Can't wait for the dvds!

Last edited:
Originally posted by cmb737

Thank you i needed some clarification on that :wink:

Originally posted by neutral

Did you really think this is an acceptable way to respond to someone here? Please read the forum rules and watch the language and the personal attacks, guys

As for you, its not any fun unless we make "personal attcks" on each other it makes it exciting! :wink:

Last edited:
DignityPassesBy said:
As for you, its not any fun unless we make "personal attcks" on each other it makes it exciting! :wink:

First of all, it would be nice if you wouldnt mock the moderators and perhaps show a little more respect. They work their asses off for free around here to keep things in order.

Second of all, personal attacks are not allowed here. I dont know if you've read the rules here so let me provide you with the link.

http://forum.interference.com/misc.php?action=faq

Repeated warnings from the moderators/admins about breaking the rules will get you kicked off here. Your posts are pretty rude, to say the least.

The initial poster did not deserve a response like yours at all. If you have an opinion by all means you are more than welcome to share it in an adult manner.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom