U2/ONE/Music Rising a Tax Deduction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jelloe

The Fly
anyone considering deducting money spent to attend the concert and support the ONE campaign as a tax write off?

i probably only spent a couple thousand on tickets and travel, which is a drop in the bucket compared to the deep pockets from many other U2 fans. but since the show was more than great entertainment and incorporated the ONE campaign, it seems there is a chance to apply the money spent towards the charitiable donatation block on a tax form.

BOTTOM LINE: did you considered the event strictly a U2 concert or a "ONE campaign revival."

In addition, all the music rising stuff i purchased (guitar and shirts) will definetly go on my taxes, since all proceeds went directly to the that charity.

all in all, i love U2 and hate taxes.
any IRS auditor/tax guru who is a U2 fan, please advise!

Last edited:
:eyebrow:

I would still have attended the concerts even if the ONE campaign did not exist, so I guess I wouldn't see the point in writing them off.

I wonder if Bono writes off his expenses when he is working for the ONE campaign :hmm:

So you're getting:

- memorable concert experiences
- clothing
- collector's guitar
- MONEY BACK from a tax write-off

Wow. There's some real altruism & charity there! :happy:

Just a donation note..
In the past when I've had extra tickets for concerts that I couldn't use for whatever reason, I would donate them to the local Big Brothers/Big Sisters chapter. They'll give you a donation letter, and then you can write off the value of the tickets.
Make sure you talk to the donation coordinator before you just send them the tickets and send them so they arrive in time for the show and a Big/Little match can use them to see the concert.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom