U2 on Conan OBrien this Thursday... 10/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the surprise is...

I wouldn't doubt it if "I Will Follow" or "Out Of Control" or "Beautiful Day" is the surprise...

Or even... NEW YORK? :drool:

Hooray for OOTS. I hope they play it every night from now on.

The surprise will be Street Missions people. Bono said he's doing it for Axver.

Of course, since Edge is supposedly doing a comedic skit with Conan, maybe Triumph will do something where he makes fun of U2, like he did with Bon Jovi a few years ago.

TRIUMPH: So, I hear you're a vampire in a new movie. Finally, you're playing a role that requires you to suck!

Richie Sambora just loses it and busts out laughing.

Last edited:
U2Fan101 said:
Of course, since Edge is supposedly doing a comedic skit with Conan, maybe Triumph will do something where he makes fun of U2, like he did with Bon Jovi a few years ago.

TRIUMPH: So, I hear you're a vampire in a new movie. Finally, you're playing a role that requires you to suck!

:lmao:

and yay for OOTS!!! :drool:

U2Fan101 said:

I must say, I think that was the best Triumph skit ever!!! I loved the Bon Jovi one!

Can I ask you a question. You are married to Heather Locklear. Is she really blonde, down there? :lmao:

(this was actually a 10 minute skit, don't think this is the whole link, but a sampling: http://www.devilducky.com/media/4719/ )

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
The Star Wars and American Idol audition Triumph skits were the best for me :lmao:

OMG, the Lord of the Rings geek was the best

and my favorite Triumph quote from the American Idol auditions: "You look like Don Ho's daughter, Skanky Ho"

If you love Triumph, you should buy his dvd, it is classic

U2Fan101 said:
The surprise will be Street Missions people. Bono said he's doing it for Axver.

:hyper:

Can he announce the tour down here as well?

kellyahern said:
The Star Wars and American Idol audition Triumph skits were the best for me :lmao:

Triumph: "Eh, what is this?"

Darth Vader: "This controls my breathing apparatus."

Triumph: "And, eh, which button calls your mom to pick you up?"

...or something like that! :lmao:

From the atu2.com newsgroup:

"@U2 reader WP tells us that U2 has rehearsed several songs today:
"Crumbs From Your Table," "Stuck In a Moment...," "Vertigo," "All
Because of You," and "Original of the Species" complete with an
accompanying string section. Also during pre-production, Edge was
rehearsing a "Year 2000" comedy sketch with Conan. More to come!"

:ohmy: OMG...!! :drool: How on earth am I going to be able to sleep knowing that this going on from 12:30-1:30am...lordy, lordy, lordy!:sad:

Last edited:
Hehe :)

Since we're re-organizing here, could a mod maybe merge this thread and the one on EYKIW? We've got two discussions about the same thing going on... (not that we're really doing much discussing anymore! :wink: )

hey guys i there anyway for a lowly person outside of the states to see this on the internet which i highly doubt?:(

I think the best we TVless people can do is listen to (the fabulous) Gorman's audio stream and then wait for the video later.

:heart: Gorman :heart:

Yep. Gorman's going to stream it. He posted the info either in this thread or in the one on EYKIW. He said he'll post more on it about an hour before the show.

I think it's about time to bring back the Gorman Appreciation Thread.

:bow:

Gorman is godlike and almighty and sits at the right hand of avxers bed.

Don't worry kellyhern ..When i read that i started singing "in the year 2000" and I got really really excited!!!!! I think I even jumped a little!!! :lol:

LJT said:
Gorman is godlike and almighty and sits at the right hand of avxers bed.

Still loving that comfy bed eh? Trade you it for the laptop. :wink:

Gotta say, the boys picked the best guy to go on air with. Letterman wouldn't have appreciated them fully, Leno's not cool enough, and Jon Stewart's awesome but not quite a right fit for U2.

Oh, to be in that audience! Especially since they probably had no idea of who was going to be on when they got their tickets!!

Axver said:

Still loving that comfy bed eh? Trade you it for the laptop. :wink:

i would consider that, seeing that i slept on the floor last night:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom