U2 in the Studio again??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rumors are they are reworking Original of the Species to release it as a single

Chizip said:
rumors are they are reworking Original of the Species to release it as a single
U2 reworked Please in Holland too... At the Wisseloord studios in Holland...

Neilz said:

U2 reworked Please in Holland too... At the Wisseloord studios in Holland...

The Please single is really worth having as it is better than the original album version and not on the 1990-2000 greatest or b-sides.

Looks like the OOTS single will be worth picking up.

prof_peabody said:

The Please single is really worth having as it is better than the original album version and not on the 1990-2000 greatest or b-sides.
Looks like the OOTS single will be worth picking up.
That's if the rumour is true... The reworked Please kicks ass indeed... (So does the Last Night On Earth reworked version)... It was véry clear that U2 didn't like how Pop turned out...

IT'S TRUE!!!... The official site of the Wisseloord studio's confirms :

http://www.wisseloord.nl/nl/welkom.asp?id=68&start=0&offset=5

U2 deed vorige week wisseloord aan voor opnames van hun nieuwe single. In 2 studio's tegelijk werd met de band en het metropoolorkest aan het nieuwe nummer gewerkt. (translation : Last week U2 visited the Wisseloord studio's to record their next single. In 2 studio's at the same time, the band and the metropol orchestra worked on the new single.)

Engineers: Werner Pensaert, Arjen Mensinga, Huub Reijnders

Producer: Garreth Lee

:drool:

Last edited:
Neilz said:
IT'S TRUE!!!... The official site of the Wisseloord studio's confirms :

http://www.wisseloord.nl/nl/welkom.asp?id=68&start=0&offset=5

U2 deed vorige week wisseloord aan voor opnames van hun nieuwe single. In 2 studio's tegelijk werd met de band en het metropoolorkest aan het nieuwe nummer gewerkt. (translation : Last week U2 visited the Wisseloord studio's to record their next single. In 2 studio's at the same time, the band and the metropol orchestra worked on the new single.)

Engineers: Werner Pensaert, Arjen Mensinga, Huub Reijnders

Producer: Garreth Lee

:drool:
U2.com's story (from a weblog) :

It was supposed to be a day off but Jacknife Lee was spotted with the band making their way to the Wisseloord Studios last week. Seems that on Thursday – supposed to be a rest day
between the three Amsterdam shows - band and key crew members were holed up in the the legendary Wisseloord studios in the leafy Amsterdam suburb of Hilversum.

Also in the house were producer Garrett "Jacknife" Lee - see our interview - and strings arranger James Banbury whose previous credits include Snow Patrol, Aqualung, Joy Zipper, Katherine Jenkins and Kasabian. No confirmation as to what was going on inside Studios 1 and 3 until late into Thursday night but maybe there’s a clue in the band’s last visit to Wisseloord Studios (rework for the Please single red).

EDIT : U2 has a longer history with this studio.. They also mixed In the Name of the Father at this studio...

Last edited:
Se7en said:
too bad the new mixes on the best of were poop. :happy:
That is weird indeed... The two that were released on single at the time were fine, only the best of versions were poop :D

Neilz said:

That is weird indeed... The two that were released on single at the time were fine, only the best of versions were poop :D

i'm not sure if i've ever head the last night on earth single mix. i should hunt it down.

the best of mixes were odd in that they replaced some of the best aspects of the recorded versions with some of the best aspects of the live versions. that took so much away from gone especially imho. oh well.

Remember prior to HTDAAB coming out that Bono said the band had tried to record three songs in London with an orchestra and that they "ditched" those tracks...hmm, OOTS must have been one of those, I wonder what the others were?

I also think this "bumper" version of Original..' is going to be very interesting and grand indeed..

Why are they remixing OOTS? I think it's completely perfect the way it is. I can't fathom them making it any better...but we shall see.

I wish they were in the studio recording a new album instead...

what if it's Miracle Drug?

I mean... they already put a violin crap in the final chorus... why not a full orchestra?

I WANT MY MIRACLE DRUG!!! :angry:

i could see making Original better with better production. Great song right now, but I like listening to the live versions better. Both versions, with Edge on Piano and Guitar.

I think it's a great song, one of my favorites, but easily could use better production if realeased as a single.

I have a friend who works as an intern for Interscope in NYC. She told me that they're going to release another album in the Spring, sort of a Zooropa thing, because they have so many outtakes. They won't have much work to do on it. Think Mercy. This is all in development right now. Perhaps this recent recording session has something to do with it!

Steve

Steved1998 said:
I have a friend who works as an intern for Interscope in NYC. She told me that they're going to release another album in the Spring, sort of a Zooropa thing, because they have so many outtakes. They won't have much work to do on it. Think Mercy. This is all in development right now. Perhaps this recent recording session has something to do with it!

Steve

complete crap.

Steved1998 said:

Steve

In this guy's defence, everything in that post is consistent with what we've heard before.

It's just the Interference crowd is extremely cynical.

Back
Top Bottom