U2 in the Studio again??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sleep Over Jack said:
Remember prior to HTDAAB coming out that Bono said the band had tried to record three songs in London with an orchestra and that they "ditched" those tracks...hmm, OOTS must have been one of those, I wonder what the others were?

I also think this "bumper" version of Original..' is going to be very interesting and grand indeed..

I could see Sometimes with strings too. Other than that, maybe Yahweh?

AtomicBono said:
Why are they remixing OOTS? I think it's completely perfect the way it is. I can't fathom them making it any better...but we shall see.

I wish they were in the studio recording a new album instead...

Listen to the song on a quality pair of headphones or speakers.

The Synth Strings stand out a mile as being well fake, there's just no dynamic to them, they're extremely bland. I always wondered U2 left them here instead of getting a proper arrangement in.

they recorded that very fast then :ohmy: larry was the last to leave the hotel at around 7 pm and they came back at around 11 pm. but its nice to know where they had been, nobody wanted to tell us of course :shifty:

Interscope doesnt know anything about when a new U2 album may or may not be coming out. Knowing U2s patterns whether they plan to come out with an album in spring or not it will take at least 6 months longer then planned if not more then that.

It'm thinking that it must be OOTS...probably more like the Milano version which is beautiful. And it would be nice to have Ms. Sarajevo as the B side.:drool:

It would be nice if they've been inspired to record a new album during the tour.

pepokiss said:
what if it's Miracle Drug?

I mean... they already put a violin crap in the final chorus... why not a full orchestra?

I WANT MY MIRACLE DRUG!!! :angry:

INDEED:drool:

I just posted this in diferent thread, but this thread is also good for my theory...

Strings could be used also in another song from HTDAAB - Yahweh.

Why would U2 need two studios to re-record OOTS? This song needs only the keyboard strings replaced with real, deep (maybe with some more melody) strings... the rest (guitars, bass, drums and Bono's vocal ) is perfect.

Now think about Yahweh. If they would want to release a single version closer to the live version they really would need to re-record the song... and as I said above it's the only song that would also need some strings in the background...
(Just imagine official video for this song looking just like the video they're using playing it live... no band, just this animation:drool: )
...not to mention they're playing Yahweh every night, while OOTS had it's debut just few shows ago (I mean after a very long break, + it's now full band)

bathiu said:
I just posted this in diferent thread, but this thread is also good for my theory...

Strings could be used also in another song from HTDAAB - Yahweh.

Why would U2 need two studios to re-record OOTS? This song needs only the keyboard strings replaced with real, deep (maybe with some more melody) strings... the rest (guitars, bass, drums and Bono's vocal ) is perfect.

Now think about Yahweh. If they would want to release a single version closer to the live version they really would need to re-record the song... and as I said above it's the only song that would also need some strings in the background...
(Just imagine official video for this song looking just like the video they're using playing it live... no band, just this animation:drool: )
...not to mention they're playing Yahweh every night, while OOTS had it's debut just few shows ago (I mean after a very long break, + it's now full band)
They need one studio for the orchestra and one for the band... Studio's are not thát big you know... And I think that the live version of Yahweh is as beautifull as it get's, so why change that with strings?

stagman said:
So long as Edge's beautiful guitar work is not screwed with, this will be good.

Good? Now that is an understatement. I'm sure that OOTS with strings are gonna blow the mind of every single person in the world.....it's gonna be sooooooooo brilliant when it gets those real strings in there......I can't wait, that's for sure.....:dance:

It is OOTS the are working on.

This is What the Edge says to the norvegian newspaper VG today:

"- Vi har vært i studio med blant annet 20 strykere for å lage et par nye mikser av «Original of the Species». Jeg vet ikke om vi kommer til å gi dette ut på single. Vi har ikke bestemt oss. Vi har ikke spilt inn noen nye sanger på disse studiobesøkene, forsikrer Edge.

"We have been in studio with 20 stringers to make a couple of new mixes of "original of the species". I dont know if we gonna give this out on a single. We have not decided yet. We have not taped any new songs on these studiosessions, The Edge says".

looking forward to hearing the single version of OOTS, if it does happen.

I like the song, i think it's pretty good, but if fixed up a little bit it could be great.

Back
Top Bottom