U2 in Scotland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MofoMcphisto

Babyface
I've heard rumours that U2 will be playing at Balloch Park aorund about the same time as R.E.M. It was suggested it might even be the day after to save the organisers the trouble of sorting out security. There has been talk between the organisers and U2's people but no decision has been made.

Whats the chances of the local authrity giving the green light for 2 concerts at Loch Lomond ??

There has only ever been 1 before.

I hope it's true though.

I heard a rumour of Hampden Park, a couple of days in June. I also heard they were looking at other outdoor venues as well.

I'd prefer Hampden Park, Balloch Park is crap as a music venue.

Anywhere is fine with me I am just concerned about what was stated on atu2 from a newspaper report about this Scottish gig being after the TWO dates in Dublin ONE in London and ONE in Paris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS HAS TO BE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Otherwise me and U2 will be falling out BIG TIME AFTER 25 Years!!

Boozyuzi said:
Whats the chances of the local authrity giving the green light for 2 concerts at Loch Lomond ??

There has only ever been 1 before.

I hope it's true though.
Oasis played on the Saturday and Sunday night at Balloch Park, doing this would cut down on hiring staff for the gigs at different times.

Bono's Tart said:
Anywhere is fine with me I am just concerned about what was stated on atu2 from a newspaper report about this Scottish gig being after the TWO dates in Dublin ONE in London and ONE in Paris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS HAS TO BE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Otherwise me and U2 will be falling out BIG TIME AFTER 25 Years!!

Every major tour that gets announced these days starts off with one date announced at each venue. I don't know why they do it as all it does is cause fans to panic about getting tickets. There will be more than 1 in London and Paris and probably more than 2 in Dublin, except in the very unlikely event that they don't sell out. Don't worry.

there was rumours in 2001 too about U2 playing at Balloch Park, it was even in the papers.

if you've noticed there's a pattern where U2 play in Scotland, don't know if it's just coincidence, they tend to alternate between Edinburgh and Glasgow from one tour to the next.

Joshua - Glasgow & edinburgh
Zoo & zooropa - Glasgow
Popmart - edinburgh
elevation - glasgow

maybe back to edinburgh this time? hope not actually, i'm from edinburgh but prefer glasgow. the only good thing would be not having to travel since murrayfield is right next door to me!

ewen said:
there was rumours in 2001 too about U2 playing at Balloch Park, it was even in the papers.

if you've noticed there's a pattern where U2 play in Scotland, don't know if it's just coincidence, they tend to alternate between Edinburgh and Glasgow from one tour to the next.

Joshua - Glasgow & edinburgh
Zoo & zooropa - Glasgow
Popmart - edinburgh
elevation - glasgow

maybe back to edinburgh this time? hope not actually, i'm from edinburgh but prefer glasgow. the only good thing would be not having to travel since murrayfield is right next door to me!

I think for certain it will be Glasgow. No offence to people from Edinburgh but Glasgow crowds make a better atmosphere.

When I met Bono on the Elevation tour in Anaheim b4 the Glasgow dates were announced, I asked him about Balloch. He said no they had booked 2 nights at the Secc and I was the first to know.
Hopefully Ill get to ask him again.

Celticfc said:

I think for certain it will be Glasgow. No offence to people from Edinburgh but Glasgow crowds make a better atmosphere.

When I met Bono on the Elevation tour in Anaheim b4 the Glasgow dates were announced, I asked him about Balloch. He said no they had booked 2 nights at the Secc and I was the first to know.
Hopefully Ill get to ask him again.

i totally agree with you, so no offense taken. i live in edinburgh and the atmosphere at gigs is crap. i hope it is in glasgow.

Any word and/or ideas on when all of this will be announced? I plan on travelling to Europe at some point this summer and taking in one or more of these concerts would be the cats ass! Just hope that it's announced soon so I can make my travel plans around them.

I'm hoping for Edinburgh!! I saw them here on the War , Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree tours and the atmosphere was amazing!! I think there's a bit of hype about the audiences in Glasgow (no offence Celticfc!) and it's about time I was able to just walk to a concert rather than get the train etc!! So for convenience sake and not to neglect my wee city, let's hope it's Edinburgh! But anywhere would be great really!

It was definitely The Waterboys in 1984 but I can't remember who the support was in '83. Will dig out the ticket stubb and see if it says. 68 guns will never die!!!:applaud:

Nope...nothing on the ticket stubb. I have a feeling I missed the support act anyway.However, the cost of going to see U2 in 1983 was an unbelievable £4!!! I paid £75 to see them at the SECC on the last tour! :crazy:

Last edited:
£75!!!???

you mean for two tickets of course? i'm sure i paid thirtysomething pounds each.

I don't think we'll get much change from £50 a ticket this tour....and that's being optimistic. i feel really really sad for U2 fans that are unemployed or on benefits.

No...£75 just for me! The tickets were all sold out before we even knew anything about the tour and my friends and I were forced to search ebay! It was worth it as the concert was great but I'll be loathed to spend that much this time round. Part of me can't see how U2 can possibly , as multi-multi-millionaires, justify charging so much.So I might just on principle not go (aye right!!!)

Back
Top Bottom