U2 in Oz now - Possible extra show + TV Broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fullautoreverse

War Child
Molly Meldrum was on 7's Sunrise this morning saying some members of the band are in Oz right now with plans to release an additional show OR broadcast an already planned show live to TV.

Anyone have any news on this? An additional show - would this be Telstra Stadium?

More proshot TV footage!

Ha, extra show? There isn't even anywhere to fit one, though I think Brisbane could actually sell out a second (which amazes me, as pre-ticket sales I was predicting Brisbane to not even come close to selling out).

If there's a show broadcast, I want it to be Adelaide just because it's the only show I won't be attending. :wink:

It'd be either Melbourne or Sydney, though.

What, this thread has been up all day and Down Under Interferencers aren't out stalking the streets of Sydney for sightings yet???? :eyebrow:

I reckon it is a bit late to release another show at this stage, so my bet is on the live broadcast. If that happens, it will be Sydney for sure.

Let us know if you hear any more though!

I had reason to be suspicious that at least one particular member was here or going to be here very soon.... :hmm:

There's no reason why a broadcast would have to be in Sydney, although Sydney and Melbourne would be the best bets due to size and timing.

On the Popmart tour there was some discussion about a show at either the Opera House steps or in the Domain in Sydney. I think it'd be wicked for them to set that stage up and play a gig in the Domain or Centennial Park. Charge $30 a head and make the whole fucker GA. I don't think there's room for a third full size/full paying Telstra Stadium gig though. I think the market for that would be exhausted.

unless they are now using Oz as a holiday detination with family etc and using the time to catch up with old buddies and perhaps record some stuff with K-West. Will keep a close eye for them....

Well it would be 10 years since the last full size gig at the Opera House Steps if they did. :hmm:

edit: Also, I wonder if we should be keeping an eye on Enough Rope in the coming weeks. Denton has had a pretty much perfect run with grabbing high profile musicians as they stroll through the country.

Would be great to see somone (presumabley Bono) on it. A Lathamesque interview would be just the trick. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom