U2 in London. Philly Live-Aid sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Will Smith is hosting/performing or doing whatever in Philly. Jazzy Jeff needs to be prominently involved. This reunion would be much bigger than a Genesis reunion ever would be. If they played Summertime, people would cause the Linc to move from its foundation.

If Will Smith is hosting/performing or doing whatever in Philly. Jazzy Jeff needs to be prominently involved. This reunion would be much bigger than a Genesis reunion ever would be. If they played Summertime, people would cause the Linc to move from its foundation.

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
As long as I never hear getting jiggy with it again everything will be ok. IM cool with Summertime.
LIVE 8 isnt at the link its on the parkway in front of the art museum. I think Elton John is performing there on the 4th as part of the 4th of July celebration. It will be a crazy, crouded weekend regardless.

I have no problem with the rap being in the lineup just with who they picked. Where's Kanye West or Nas? Actual rap artists who make good music. 50 Cent doesn't care about the cause, its just another publicity stunt for him to sell more records. Unless I missed all the charity work he did before Live 8.

Cant say I disagree with this statement. If it was up to me the roots would be there and tribe called quest would have a reunion.

I was just getting the impression that whatever rap representive will be there we would be reading the same responses. And that is whats pathetic.

Hawkmoon04 said:
If it was up to me the roots would be there and tribe called quest would have a reunion.

The Roots should definitely be there. They are by far the most talents Rap/Hip Hop/Funk group out there right now. Black Thought has some amazing lyrics.

randhail said:
If Will Smith is hosting/performing or doing whatever in Philly. Jazzy Jeff needs to be prominently involved. This reunion would be much bigger than a Genesis reunion ever would be.

This may be the sorriest post ever.

Im sorry, 50cent, Will Smith & P Diddy? WTF? This is not going to be Live 8...this is going to turn into the Million Man March!!!!

DanB said:
I hope no more rap or hip hop acts are added. A crowd of this size with that element will turn into a full scale riot. Rap and hip hop with free admission is a recipe for disaster.

Oh, give it a rest. White people being scared of rap music went out of style a long time ago. Sheesh.

jag0918 said:
Im sorry, 50cent, Will Smith & P Diddy? WTF? This is not going to be Live 8...this is going to turn into the Million Man March!!!!

Hey jack-ass: first, you sound racist; second, you are proposing deleting black artists from a campaign to help Africa. Genius, man.

:rolleyes:

jag0918 said:

Will Smith and P Diddy probably have just as many if not more white fans than black fans..

Back
Top Bottom