U2 in Barcelona: 80,000 tickets sold out in 8h!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vox02

War Child
Absolutely AMAZING.

For spanish standards, this is a new RECORD in Spain. U2 has now soldout 80,000 tickets for they concert at Camp Nou (big stadium, one of the best in Europe) in Barcelona in just 8 hours!!

Remember, online sales and phone number often become a chaos when tickets are going on sale but fans starts huge queues at 19h/20h, about 13 hours before tickets going on sale.

Vox

Vox02 said:
Absolutely AMAZING.

For spanish standards, this is a new RECORD in Spain. U2 has now soldout 80,000 tickets for they concert at Camp Nou (big stadium, one of the best in Europe) in Barcelona in just 8 hours!!

Remember, online sales and phone number often become a chaos when tickets are going on sale but fans starts huge queues at 19h/20h, about 13 hours before tickets going on sale.

Vox

Amazing!

U2 in Nou Camp will be awesome!!!!

I love Barcelona and the people of the city are so friendly and the whole place is so vibrant.

I've got 2 pitch tickets and am coming for 5 days

Can't wait

Come on Spain!!!!

:dancing: :dancing:

aardvark said:
U2 in Nou Camp will be awesome!!!!

I've got 2 pitch tickets and am coming for 5 days

Can't wait

Come on Spain!!!!

:dancing: :dancing:
Where did you get your tickets mate, i prebooked with this site
http://www.divento.com only to get an eamil today that they can't supply me with tickets. ive already booked a hotel and my flight for me and the missus for our wedding anniversary, only to be blown apart with no tickets for the show. im gutted!!!
Do you know any sites selling any tickets. thanks mate.

That's exactly what happened to me!!!!

We've had our flights and hotel and no tickets!!

I'd already booked a Dublin trip with another company and remembered they had ticket & party packages which were cheaper than going to a tout.

www.eventtravel.com

They do party packages for £139 each that include the all important pitch ticket and a pre-concert party.

I know it's more than just a ticket but it might be a laugh and at least you're guarnteed they're a proper booking company - they're the UK official U2 tour operator.

Let me know if you get them - hope it works out for you

Ali

:)

Thanks aardvark, my hotel is already booked:( i only want the tickets for the show, hmmm looks like ill have to chance it on the day and see if the nou camp will release any more tickets.

This doesn't include hotel or flight or anything it's literally just the gig ticket and this party thing.

I've taken it as I don't want to risk not getting in.

Hope you sort yours out ok

See you on Las Ramblas for some ceveraz!!

aardvark said:
This doesn't include hotel or flight or anything it's literally just the gig ticket and this party thing.

Does this agency have anything to do with ticketbastard, ive already got tickets for Manchester 4 ga's and i dont want to book with Ets if my tickets for Manchester will get cancelled. with all this shit going around with ticketbastard im in doubt.

Last edited:
It's totally independent from the Fascist Ticketbastard Agency of Misery.

I used my pre-sale code to get Boston tickets only to discover I then couldn't get anything else without stuff getting cancelled.

I spoke to Event Travel and basically you're buying the ticket from them not from those that shall not be named. It's totally kosher. I've used them several times before.

I've got Boston through U2.com and Dublin and Barcelona through Event Travel. I'm also saving a sneaky second pre-sale code for NYC in the 3rd leg by which time they won't be able to cancel anything because I'll already have been!!!

Give them a ring and double check with them if you want to be sure - they're all really nice.

Do it - you know you want to!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
meh... springsteen sold 600,000 tickets to 10 giants stadium shows in 3 hours. :shrug:

GIANTS STADIUM:
East Rutherford N.J.:
July 15, 17-18, 21, 24, 26-27, August 28, 30-31.
GROSS: $38,684,050
ATTENDANCE: 566,560
SHOWS: 10 SELLOUTS: 10

566,560 :D And NY area is like Dublin for U2: their home and NY is an enormous urban area with millions and millions of people and big cities.

Barcelona has 1,6 million and there is no Croke Park or Ireland, this is Spain, where U2 didn't sold out a second arena date in 1992 and now they sold out an entire stadium in 8h without online sales :)

This is AMAZING!!!! For Spain :reject:
Vox

aardvark said:

I've taken it as I don't want to risk not getting in.

Hope you sort yours out ok

See you on Las Ramblas for some ceveraz!!

just back from Barca a cheap hotel next to the nou camp is

the alguer, it has its own wesite only 2 mins walk............

Aren't they playing stadiums in Madrid and Lisbon too?

Impressive.

They should add a date..... :drool:

...if they can.

aardvark said:
It's totally independent from the Fascist Ticketbastard Agency of Misery.

Give them a ring and double check with them if you want to be sure - they're all really nice.

Do it - you know you want to!
Ive done it, gone and booked 2 places- £287.75 i just hope this doesn't fuck up like the previous booking agent. thanks aardvark for all your help.

jedi Larry said:
Aren't they playing stadiums in Madrid and Lisbon too?

Impressive.

They should add a date..... :drool:

...if they can.

Yes, stadiums in Madrid (54,000 soldout in 9h), Lisbon (around 60,000) and San Sebastian (in Spain too, around 40,000 tickets).

Vox

I can definitely agree and count my lucky stars (and my doggone persistance) that I will be able to see them 4 times during legs 1 and 2

:drool: :applaud:

gas panic said:

Ive done it, gone and booked 2 places- £287.75 i just hope this doesn't fuck up like the previous booking agent. thanks aardvark for all your help.

No need to worry, I used eventtravel for Madonna Paris last year and had no complaints at all, and I've booked my Glasgow trip with them. Enjoy the Nou Camp, that will be something special.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
meh... springsteen sold 600,000 tickets to 10 giants stadium shows in 3 hours. :shrug:

Actually, you could still buy tickets for most of those shows weeks after they actually went on sale. The average per show was 56,000. The BOSS is lucky that his hometown area is one is the 5th largest and richest metro area on the planet.

gas panic said:

Excellent news - see you at the party!!!!

:wave:

For any who came to Barcelona this summer:

-there is only 15 minutes from Airport Terminals to city centre (by train, bus or car)

-And Camp Nou is well connected by metro lines (L3 and L5) and bus.

Vox

Hey gas panic - if you phoned you don't get an email - if you ordered online then you should have got an email straightaway. Give them a ring and they can confirm your reference number.

Don't worry though, I've been using them for over 10 years and they're really reliable.

Hey Vox - is there any way to still get the tickets for Nou Camp?
I tried but I had nbo luck, and I was planing on taking my vacation this summer in Spain, Barcelona - now everything goes wrong for me :(

Back
Top Bottom