U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush

Babyface
WOOOO there are only 41 days until U2 plays in Australia!!!!!!!

feel free to express your excitement in here as we countdown till the greatest band on earth comes to aussie!!!

i am so excited because not only do i get to go to my first U2 concert, i will be seeing them on my 21st Birthday!!! i couldnt believe when they announced the new dates. The only concert i have tickets for was re-scheduled to be played on November the 11th which is my 21st birthday!!! god i cant wait.
im so worried though because my uni exam period doesnt finish until the 14th of november so if i get an exam on the 11th i guess ill just have to miss the exam and redo the subject next year :wink:

WOO only 45 days till i get to see U2/my 21st birthday!!

Guybrush said:
im so worried though because my uni exam period doesnt finish until the 14th of november so if i get an exam on the 11th i guess ill just have to miss the exam and redo the subject next year :wink:

Make up an excuse and get the exam deferred. I'm going to a couple of shows during my uni's exam period, and if any shows clash with exams, I'll just come up with some acceptable-to-the-uni reason why I won't be able to do the exam and it gets postponed to the January supplemental session.

Re: Re: U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

Axver said:

Make up an excuse and get the exam deferred. I'm going to a couple of shows during my uni's exam period, and if any shows clash with exams, I'll just come up with some acceptable-to-the-uni reason why I won't be able to do the exam and it gets postponed to the January supplemental session.

geez...talk about dishonest.

bono_man said:
Does anyone know when U2byU2 is released here btw?

This Sunday bono_man (1st Oct).

If you get it in QBD Books it will cost you $50 instead of $75.

I wonder if they'll do book signings here?

Re: Re: Re: U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

bono_man said:

geez...talk about dishonest.

You'd know all about that, wouldn't you? :wink:

i wonder if they'll make any public appearances or go on any TV shows, ill kill myself if they go on foxtel or david tench, or rove. and you dont want to know what ill do if they go on sunrise!!!!!! :combust:

i actually heard rumors that they may attend the ARIA awards (Australian Recording Industry Assosciation) hopefully they perform or give out some awards

Should we expect The Saints Are Coming to be in the future setlists ?

adrball said:
^that's a tough call to make.

I can't wait. 6 weeks today and I fly out for 5/7 of the Aussie shows.

Im also flying to Australia to see 5 of the seven shows.
Can't wait! But its too far away for a countdown... ill start counting when there are 10 days or so left... but great to see the excitement begin to build up...

vaz02 said:
Should we expect The Saints Are Coming to be in the future setlists ?

I wouldn't bet on it, as there are quite a few instances of U2 recording a cover and not playing it live (either much or at all), but it might be a possibility.

Yeah, I'm still pissed off they never did "Christmas (Baby please come home)" and they always seem to be in Australia nearish to Xmas time :sad: You would think they would wish us a happy Xmas, heathens :mad:

39 days to go!!!

well my uni released the exam timetable today...
it ends up i have an exams on the 2nd, 10th and 14th of november ARGH. which means at least i still get to go to the concert on my 21st bday (11th nov), but i gotta fly straight home the next day and study for my last exam...

and i was plannin on gettin mega drunk after the concert to celebrate my birthday as well :(

well at least i get to see them! :dancing:

Axver, when do you get your exam timetable?

ive just checked my timetable for uni, and my last exam is on the 1st of november, yay! no problems there....

and i think that the saints might make it into the setlist seeing as the studio version is being released worldwide the day before the first show........

Guybrush said:

i am so excited because not only do i get to go to my first U2 concert, i will be seeing them on my 21st Birthday!!! i couldnt believe when they announced the new dates. The only concert i have tickets for was re-scheduled to be played on November the 11th which is my 21st birthday!!! god i cant wait.

WOO only 45 days till i get to see U2/my 21st birthday!!

i know the excitement ay, its my 19th birthday on the day of the first show, here in my hometown of brisbane

its funny, because the 7th of november tends to be a crazy day each year U2 wise for some strange reason"

-> two years ago on my birthday htdaab leaked onto the net

-> one year ago on my birthday the original tour dates were announced

-> and this birthday i get to finally see them after 8 years of waiting!

i seriously cant wait, its going to be the best couple of weeks of my life :D

YES! Draft exam timetable is up and not a single exam clashes with concerts! :drool:

I could even go to the first Sydney show as well as the second and third if I wanted to, but I'm already going to more shows than I intended so I won't add another to the list.

Axver said:
YES! Draft exam timetable is up and not a single exam clashes with concerts! :drool:

I could even go to the first Sydney show as well as the second and third if I wanted to, but I'm already going to more shows than I intended so I won't add another to the list.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it's worked out well :up: :up: :D

blueeyedgirl said:
Good to see that not a second of that fine Australian education of yours is being wasted :applaud:

"Australian education" sounds like a bit of an oxymoron to me. :wink:

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Hey! Axver is not the sharpest tool in the shed but we like him like that... leave him alone.

Go away, troll. You still aren't banned yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom