U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, today telstra stadium put up two announcements about the U2 concerts. it has a heap of info with things like what time kanye is playing, when your allowed to line up, what time the gate opens... also says that NO cameras are allowed.. ill be hiding mine down my undies..:wink:

i cant post the link cos it says i havent made 15 posts yet and they are preventing me being a spammer.
so just go to the telstra stadium site and u will find the links somewhere on the U2 info page

6 days to go!!!!!!!!!

Yep. I just rang channel 7. They are here and staying at Palazzo Versace on the Gold Coast.

:ohmy:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Oh My God!!!!!!!

Where can I get info for U2 in Australia? Is there going to be anything on TV here in Victoria? When do they come to Melbourne you would think?

17 Fuckin Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bono_man said:
Yep. I just rang channel 7. They are here and staying at Palazzo Versace on the Gold Coast.

:ohmy:

I find it amazing that the TV stations are telling everyone where they are staying!! Finding out where bands are staying is usually kept as hush, hush as possible for their privacy.

OK, so some fans usually manage to find out somehow and turn up in the hope to get an autograph or picture, but to broadcast it so every man and his dog knows just seems wrong to me. I live 15 minutes from the Versace, but even I'm a little reluctant to turn up there and I'm the biggest U2 fan I know! I think I'd rather wait until rehearsals start on Friday at the stadium and try my luck there.

Well, I headed down to QSAC this afternoon but it didn't go so well. I got a bit lost! But I know what I did wrong so I'll be fine next time I travel to the stadium. Once I got to the stadium though, I had no idea where to go, so I just scouted out the perimeter. I felt a bit odd and out of place, so I didn't want to chance my luck going into the stadium as I've no idea what's off limits and what's not - plus, by the time I'd figured out where I was, it was almost time to catch the return bus! Didn't bump into any Interferencers. :(

Next time I head down, I'd want to meet up with someone rather than hang around all by myself. I'll probably next go to the stadium on Friday and hopefully there will be rehearsals. If anyone would want to meet up, contact me off the forums at amakaxver[at]gmail[dot]com. :)

The Gold Coast! Brisbane is soooo much better than the Coast. And the Sunshine Coast is better than both of them.

Who gave them the bum steer to the Gold Coast? Sack that person immediately and hire me instead! lol

I can't go Friday - but probably will head out to check it out on Saturday. Maybe lunchtime till late afternoon?

I am going to drive to the concert on Tuesday. I think I'm going to park at Garden City and walk up, as soon as I can Tuesday morning. I have to drop the kids at school, but then I should be right.

This is so exciting! (Have I said that enough yet???)

imogen said:
The Gold Coast! Brisbane is soooo much better than the Coast. And the Sunshine Coast is better than both of them.

Who gave them the bum steer to the Gold Coast? Sack that person immediately and hire me instead! lol

:lol: Yeah! I lived on the Gold Coast for nine years (not my choice, let me emphasise), and Brisbane's definitely a step up.

And next year, Melbourne will feel like 50,000 steps up. :drool:

imogen said:
I can't go Friday - but probably will head out to check it out on Saturday. Maybe lunchtime till late afternoon?

I am going to drive to the concert on Tuesday. I think I'm going to park at Garden City and walk up, as soon as I can Tuesday morning. I have to drop the kids at school, but then I should be right.

This is so exciting! (Have I said that enough yet???)

I'm thinking that I will head down to the stadium on Saturday afternoon. Going by U2's past pattern, they tend to rehearse in the afternoon and evening. I don't think they're exactly morning people. :wink:

Personally, I think I'm going to rely on public transport on Tuesday, even though I know some friends taking their cars (if only they were keen enough to want to go to listen to the rehearsals!). I hate to think how chocka the buses will be after the concert though.

heh, flying from perth to catch sydney 2. been starving for the year for this (poor uni student).

keeping my fingers crossed for miracle drug and with or without you for encore.

anyone have any ideas to get into the ellipse? i know on the official site they say its random electronic stuff....

The fact that the stage is being set up, and the guys are now in Oz, makes it even more real and more exciting :hyper: :hyper:.

Yeah the Gold Coast sucks! So very trashy. Totally THE worst tourist destination in Australia!

Thats two stays in SEQ and no stop in Brisbane. Do they know how much the city has come on since 1993??!!

elche said:
heh, flying from perth to catch sydney 2. been starving for the year for this (poor uni student).

keeping my fingers crossed for miracle drug and with or without you for encore.

anyone have any ideas to get into the ellipse? i know on the official site they say its random electronic stuff....

There is no random lottery at Stadium shows. It ispurely on a first come, first served basis. My advice - be there first thing in the morning on the 11th, that should gaurantee you a good spot.

My daughter-in-law just rang me. She has been at the Versace. Adam came out and went to the gym sans shirt :ohmy: My little girl is so friendly she's been meeting people. She has just been called in to work. It's supposed to be her day off. I suggested maybe U2 have heard about what a good chef she is and are bringing an entourage in.
She said most of the people at the Versace are hoping to see Larry....the birthday boy.
I wish she had some of my old U2 books and records up there with her in case she does get to meet Bono. I said I'd buy a solid gold frame if she got him to sign something for me. She is having so much fun up there. She rang first thing this morning to tell me the news and invite me up there. I already knew (because of you guys) and I can't go until Saturday at the earliest. I mean I really shouldn't go anywhere till Tuesday....but man IT'S U2. A once in a lifetime thing.
I will never Never NEVER forget these past 4 weeks **spin** I am so tired I could die , but I'll fuel up again on some U2 songs.
:hyper:
Crikey it's hot out there. I hope U2 remember to use sunscreen.

Hi Maree from Adelaide if you read this :D
I heard about you...talent scout extraordinaire. keep up the good work :up:

cass said:
My daughter-in-law just rang me. She has been at the Versace. Adam came out and went to the gym sans shirt :ohmy: My little girl is so friendly she's been meeting people. She has just been called in to work. It's supposed to be her day off. I suggested maybe U2 have heard about what a good chef she is and are bringing an entourage in.
She said most of the people at the Versace are hoping to see Larry....the birthday boy.
I wish she had some of my old U2 books and records up there with her in case she does get to meet Bono. I said I'd buy a solid gold frame if she got him to sign something for me. She is having so much fun up there. She rang first thing this morning to tell me the news and invite me up there. I already knew (because of you guys) and I can't go until Saturday at the earliest. I mean I really shouldn't go anywhere till Tuesday....but man IT'S U2. A once in a lifetime thing.
I will never Never NEVER forget these past 4 weeks **spin** I am so tired I could die , but I'll fuel up again on some U2 songs.
:hyper:
Crikey it's hot out there. I hope U2 remember to use sunscreen.

Nice one!!! You SUUURRRRRRRRE you can't there before Sat? :wink:

did I say something about taking the phone of the hook so I could get some sleep? So glad I didn't
My daughter-in-law just rang
SHE JUST SHOOK HANDS WITH the EDGE.
He and Adam came out and said thanks everyone for coming out but we have to go. They were off to soundcheck.
That's IT!! I'm getting my haircut here tomorrow and I'm up there. Hub and son #3 will cope I hope.
She said They are so lovely, with their beautiful Irish accents.
Oi...I saw 'em first. She's meant to be a Rob Thomas fan.
She took photos but there are on my son's camera. She can't send them until she gets home from work. She was squealing with delight. You know she has only been in my life for 4 years and I love her so much. She even bought me U2 Show last Christmas. I love her.

If you're happy and you know it
clap your hands
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
if you're happy and you know then you really outta show it
:wave: :love: :dancing: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom