U2 Fan Action: My Backyard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no but it was a fun rumor. Bono at the water cooler down the hall...

:drool:

U2@NYC said:

:shh: I don't like Wolfowitz either :shh:

Maybe I'm just a sissy, but honestly, I would never dare post something like you just did here, if I worked where you do. Gotta admire your courage my friend!

we'll defend him (and Pablo, I know you need to go, so bye if you haven't already left).

U2Man, care to share what your job is? Why do you want Pablo's job?

ruffian said:
we'll defend him (and Pablo, I know you need to go, so bye if you haven't already left).

U2Man, care to share what your job is? Why do you want Pablo's job?

I'm studying Economics - that should explain it :wink:

*whispers sexy word into U2Man's big, brown, shaggy ear*:

"microcredit"

there are lots of great opportunities for economics to work developing policy and such...talk to your professors about what kinds of jobs are out there, or ask Mr. Pablo.

ruffian said:
*whispers sexy word into U2Man's big, brown, shaggy ear*:

"microcredit"

there are lots of great opportunities for economics to work developing policy and such...talk to your professors about what kinds of jobs are out there, or ask Mr. Pablo.

I will :wink:

What is your exact profession currently, ruffian?

btw. Is Mr. Pablo still here? :uhoh: He's still on the list of people browsing the forum :huh:

Last edited:
i'm an anthropologist and college professor. so you should call me "Dr. Ruffian."

in seattle Bono kissed me and said,
"Anthropologists are sexy!" I turned to my friend and said, "I knew this anthropology crap would pay off."

:lmao:
i also invited him to share my tent in Africa, but he didn't say yes.

but then, he didn't say no... :shifty:

I think Pablo is packin' up to leave the office and is not here.

ruffian said:
i'm an anthropologist and college professor. so you should call me "Dr. Ruffian."

in seattle Bono kissed me and said,
"Anthropologists are sexy!" I turned to my friend and said, "I knew this anthropology crap would pay off."

:lmao:
i also invited him to share my tent in Africa, but he didn't say yes.

but then, he didn't say no... :shifty:

No he has apparently left now.

Anthropology? This is one of the most difficult studies in Denmark to get access to....really a popular one...

I'm going to bed now Dr. ruffian :bow:! I shall never call you anything but that from now on!! :wink:

yeah, we always have long waiting lists...i always say because there's lots of nudity in the class :wink:

night!

U2Man said:

Maybe I'm just a sissy, but honestly, I would never dare post something like you just did here, if I worked where you do. Gotta admire your courage my friend!

Well, if my job ever ends up being a place where I cannot express that I do not completely like what the head of the institution did before coming to this place, then I would probably be looking for another job anyway.

I think that we are all open minded here and that, although being a relatively political place, there is respect for dissentment (as you may imagine, I am not the only one with that idea). I do not mean any disrespect by that, just a difference of opinion...

With that said, there is a lot of people here that I admire a lot and that truly work for what the World Bank truly is... :up:

ruffian said:

I indeed did... :wink:

Sorry for not waving goodbye, I had to go grocery shopping... :reject:

Just in case anyone reads the previous post, I will say it loud: Wolfowitz rules... he is da man :D

U2@NYC said:

Well, if my job ever ends up being a place where I cannot express that I do not completely like what the head of the institution did before coming to this place, then I would probably be looking for another job anyway.

I think that we are all open minded here and that, although being a relatively political place, there is respect for dissentment (as you may imagine, I am not the only one with that idea). I do not mean any disrespect by that, just a difference of opinion...

With that said, there is a lot of people here that I admire a lot and that truly work for what the World Bank truly is... :up:

:love: :drool:

and while World Bank has done, well, Bad Things in the past in terms of throwing money at issues and not creating sustainability...and the getting in bed with the Int'l Monetary Fund stuff, they've come a long way...primarily because they hire more people to inform them of how development issues get played out differently in various cultural contexts. Now we're seeing programs that will help insure long-term success.

:up:

Wow, U2@NYC and Ruffian. You have some very interesting and exciting jobs :wink:

And U2Man,,, If you study economics at the University in Copenhagen then we might be closer than you think ;) Whatever that means will be left in the dark for now :evil:,,, Lets just say that i can spy on you ,, lol

ok, i've just reviewed this thread and others because i have a pile of work that i don't really want to face. do you realize we started out with oiled up models and ended up discussing sustainable development, emerging markets, finance, wolfowitz...

:huh:

hey, sounds like you have a great stalking opportunity :up: snap his picture and post it here. maybe he'll be wearing a bernese mountain dog costume?

nah, i wouldn´t dare to do anything like that. U2Man should have his privacy, but i am somehow connected to the Economic studies at the University.. In a very far far out way

yimou said:
Wow, U2@NYC and Ruffian. You have some very interesting and exciting jobs :wink:

And U2Man,,, If you study economics at the University in Copenhagen then we might be closer than you think ;) Whatever that means will be left in the dark for now :evil:,,, Lets just say that i can spy on you ,, lol

:yikes:

:hmm: What the :censored: is yimou doing :hmm:

ruffian said:
ok, i've just reviewed this thread and others because i have a pile of work that i don't really want to face. do you realize we started out with oiled up models and ended up discussing sustainable development, emerging markets, finance, wolfowitz...

That is how versatile we all are here...:D

Pablo :no:

Dont worry U2Man,, I am not hanging around at the University :)

Back
Top Bottom