U2.com presale question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vthatcher

The Fly
Hello-does anybody know if the U2.com member presale is going to allow us to buy 2 tickets to EVERY show on the tour or just One? I'm hoping to be able to buy tickets for a couple of them. More the merrier!

Thanks!

I think you can only buy tickets to one show, two tickets for the US, 4 for the European leg (because of stadiums). Believe me, I was thinking the same thing. But I think i'll be stuck with buying a couple memberships.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just two tickets to a single show. Does anyone know if those under eighteen are able to buy tickets or if there is an age restriction?

bobfrombob said:
2 tickets to one show - $40? So other than the fact that the money goes to the band, how is this different from scalping?

You're not just buying access to the pre-sale. You get access to the rest of the site & downloads and stuff. So it's very different to scalping.

There will be a number of scalpers joining to get access to good tickets, trust me. $40 is $20 per ticket, thats no problem considering how much you can get for profit. If you get 4 tickets to the show in Ireland, lets say, thats $10 extra a ticket, do you know how much those are going to go for on eBay? After that Slane DVD was released and in their home country, those things are going to be in high demand.

I have no doubt they will be in very high demand and there will be people who will pay well over face value for them. My point is that in this case, the band essentially controls access to the tickets and they are saying that for $40, we’ll give you a chance for better tickets than you could get if you just went to the box office. It’s a lot like scalping.

RademR said:
I think you can only buy tickets to one show, two tickets for the US, 4 for the European leg (because of stadiums). Believe me, I was thinking the same thing. But I think i'll be stuck with buying a couple memberships.

will i be able to buy 2 for a US show and 4 to one Europe show under one membership?

also, won't they check to see if you have multiple memberships cuz of the same mailing address?

But you've shelled out extra cash , for multiple memberships, so that kinda gives you the right to buy more doesn't it.

This still is the big question! Some people say we can buy tickets for as many concerts as we like, with a maximum of 4 (or 2 in the US) per night.

Personally I don't think this will happen, I think it's just 1 concert per membership.

A lot of us have 2 (or more) memberships, just to get tickets for more nights. I don't think there's a problem having the same mailing adress. My wife is a U2 fan too, why can't she become a member?

When U2 was playing their POP tour, it was kind of easy to get tickets for a stadium concert, maybe this tour will be harder, but still there's plenty of oppurtunities to get tickets.

With one membership, the max tickets you can buy is two for an arena show or 4 for a stadium show. That's why I've decided to buy more than one membership. I don't think they gaurantee anything, but it's worth it to try it out.

To answer jesse u2's question, I dont know about the mailiing address thing, thats a good point. I've bought two memberships and used two addresses.

Are the shows in Ireland going on sale at the same time as the U.S. shows?

I think you will be able to buy as many shows as you want, no? Do we have a definitive answer on this yet? They seem to all be going on sale at the same time, so you have to apparently pick which one is the most important to go at first, but if it's GA it hardly matters, we would probably get them easily. I am going by this like the last presale, all we had was the password, it didn't matter how many shows we bought. I imagine they'll just give us a password to the fanclub members, we'll go to TM probably the Fri or so before the onsale and buy whatever concerts we want to go to, and be in debt for the rest of our lives.

or maybe they will use that ticket selling place like Josh Groban uses. I don't like it, I hope they don't use that. It would crash in a minute from all the U2 fans. It's Advantage Tickets I think it's called. And for anybody wanting the "premium seating" or whatever they call it this time, if it's like for Josh Groban, all the ticket brokers in his fan club (sure they're already outnumbering us in U2's as well) got all the first 10 rows before the Advantage Ticket thing even let any of us in to buy. I ended up buying "Friends of Josh Groban" fan club tickets from a broker, when I am a fan club member. U2 PLEASE USE TICKETBASTARD not one of those like Advantage.

and yes I used to do that with Propaganda because I went to multiple shows, so my cat, my other family members all were "members" with the same address. So you are saying for sure we need to get those memberships to buy to more than one show?

Is this for certain, because my cat will join asap if we're limited to 2 tickets to one show only. Who in the U2 kingdom ever goes to just one show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom