U2.com membership question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wenda

New Yorker
Not exactly sure where to ask this, so I guess I'll ask here.

I was about to register at U2.com for paid membership and I get this:

I understand that by joining the U2.Com membership fanclub,
I will no longer be issued a pre-sale access code as part of my new membership.

Now to ask my stupid question. I had heard shortly after the tickets for the third leg sold out that they weren't giving out any more pre-sale codes. So I'm wondering...does that disclaimer mean the current tour or that they won't be issuing codes from now on for pre-sale tickets for upcoming tours?

I'm of the mind that it means for the current tour but I just want to double check before going ahead with buying it. Also, is it worth it? Not just the tickets, but the actual access to what is on the site?

Thanks in advance, beautiful people! :D

it's absolutely not worth it. don't waste your money. tickets were the only reason to join and that didn't really even pan out for a lot of people.

The only thing that would keep members re-signed is if they gave access to download soundboard quality shows afterwards.

Of course U2.com will post shows from 1985 under the name of a how in 2005 :)

Another question:

Are they going to automatically renew our memberships, like interference, or will we get a renewal notice?

Because if they automatically renew, that would suck :|

Regarding the presale, it worked better for the later shows. The first time I tried it, it was horrible. The second time (which was at a later date), I got a great (single) seat.

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
Another question:

Are they going to automatically renew our memberships, like interference, or will we get a renewal notice?

Because if they automatically renew, that would suck :|

Can they automatically renew?...they shouldnt be able to charge you another $40 to your credit card without asking or renewal.

Unless something special is offered, i'm not re signing.

they'll probably send out renewal notices.

the only reason i would consider renewing would be the ticketing situation next tour. assuming they handle it better next time around, we might get some kind of priority for having kept up our memperships for so long. but then again, assuming it'll be another 4 years or whatever, that's $160 i could just spend on tickets from the general sale.

so i won't be renewing unless they promise something really spectacular.

Thanks everyone!! I've decided not to join right now. Maybe in the future I'll see how it's going and go from there.

:up:

I've also wondered what would be the "perk" of staying a member year after year if the band isn't touring. The idea of offering audio tour shows sounds like a great idea.......

.....that piece of sh*t key chain/credit card....was a bad idea.

The interesting thing about all this is that there is a thread right now on Zootopia about the renewals and one of the Mods posted that very soon the renewal terms will be announced and that some surprises are going to be included that will make it worthwhile to renew. Supposedly the terms will first be posted on the home page. I'm now very very curious to see what these renewal terms are.

bonosloveslave said:
It's gonna have to be *really* good...:eyebrow:

Like please pick which member of u2 that you would like to visit your home good :wink:

okay I'd be happy with a live CD or two :reject:

This doesn't shed any new light on the pre-sale question but this is the response I got from fanfire (I asked the question through U2.com, not fanfire directly) when I asked about renewing my membership: (I got the this response on 11/1/05)

Thank you for your email. Customers will be notified when they membership are needed to be renewed.

So it looks like we will be notified before it runs out so there is no lapse in membership. For the record, I'm staying in as a member. I was a member of prop and in the small chance they still honor that (they did on the last pre-sale) I'm going to stay a member. You never know. Better safe than sorry.

solacevip said:
I've also wondered what would be the "perk" of staying a member year after year if the band isn't touring. The idea of offering audio tour shows sounds like a great idea.......

.....that piece of sh*t key chain/credit card....was a bad idea.

Some of us still haven't even received that yet! :mad:

I would sugest to wait, until u2.com announce we can renew our memberships, and my guess is that the "surprice" would be to have a chance to buy tickets in presale for the 2006 tour (in case this actually happens)

My one question regarding renewal is that if we stick around until the next tour and members again can get presale tickets, will there be some sort of preference given to those people that stuck around through the non-touring years? I believe that the Pearl Jam Ten club and possibly the Dave Matthews Warehouse has this seniority system in place.

I agree, you shouldnt join, nut there is a thread in Zootpoia that asks what will u2.com do to get people to renew there memberships and the moderator there (Zootician) said it was really cool what they were planning and it was all but finalised. Shows up for download maybe? So you might want to take a gamble and see what they will have to offer.

I'll be renewing anyway... I've been a propsubscriber for year and the current leg presales, former propmembers got first bite of the chew..

This is what was posted by one of the Mods in Zootopia today regarding the renewals. Too bad about the timeshares in Jamaica. :(

ok a little misunderstanding here, the membership is still yearly but the subscription package itself has a longer shelf-life than pre-sale codes had and is a whole lot more interesting than the somewhat fabled membership cards which seem to be this years fashion accessory for dodgy light-fingered postal workers;-)

no there won't be a 24 hr gig in front rooms and timeshares with the band in Jamaica are out as well, but the year ahead is going to be exciting for everyone in U2 world.

I wonder if they're hiring the U2-Vertigo-Tour.com crew to do setlists? :hmm:

I've never paid for the subscription and I don't feel Ive missed out at all.

I had no problem getting tickets with the public, and as far as I can see, that's the main reason for paying.

urgh, it doesn't fit in your wallet and the act of having it on with your car keys would cause serious damage to your vehicles paintwork and interior..

something else to put in the draw...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom