u2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strwar718

The Fly
why do they report a different set list for night 5? lol i am pretty sure there was no "walk on"..and i am 100% sure there was no "40"

Very simple:

baboons.jpg

I already posted this in another thread, but I'll post it again.

Axver said:
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
Gloria
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make it on Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

First Time
Stuck in a Moment
Fast Cars
With or Without You

All Because of You
Walk On
Yahweh

I cannot believe the total incompetence of U2.com. This is embarrassing to the band.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm thinking this might be the setlist that u2 sent out to u2.com, before the show started.

Do the people that work at u2.com go to every single concert?
I doubt it.
So is it wrong for them to assume that u2 will play the setlist they emailed to them?
I don't think so.

u2.com are just trying to get the setlist out quickly after the setlist.
That effort should be appreciated.

Making mistakes is only human.

And no, I'm not a member of u2.com.

Any way, I remember Rambling Rose saying that MTEdge text her that U2 had already changed the setlist 3 times.
She wasn't sure what it meant.
I believe after that Lila posted that perhaps he saw the original setlist.

Maybe this is what they originally planned on playing.
Sometimes things change at the last minute.
And different things can influence that.

But what do I know.
Just posting what I was thinking.

After ABOY, Bono did go to each of the band members and appeared that he was instructing them on the next song - so maybe the band intended to play WO and 40, but switched it up.

And yes, it seems obvious that the person who posted the setlist in U2.com did not attend the show.

Yeah I just went to U2.com and got really confused because the headline was "Walk On New York City" :laugh: not only do they have the wrong setlist, they decide to name the setlist after a song they didn't play. WAY TO GO U2.COM!!!

Miri, if U2.com can have the set sent to them before the show, they could also have it sent to them AFTER the show or at least have the set sent to them pre-show CONFIRMED before they post it. If we can have setlist parties here, and if I can post an accurate setlist on U2-Vertigo-Tour.com within 10 minutes of the show ending, a website with OFFICIAL CONNECTIONS should surely be able to do better than this. Haven't they learnt already that Bono and the lads are prone to changing the set on stage?

It really is a shambolic disgrace to the band that their web presence is so incompetent and inaccurate.

Yeah...to what Axver said. There really is no proper excuse or defense.

It's not just a disgrace to the band....it makes one wonder what U2.com is really about :hmm:

I checked the set on U2.com after midday UK time Saturday. It is ridiculous that this 'official' U2 fan site hadn't rectified/updated their inaccuracy.

1stOne said:
I checked the set on U2.com after midday UK time Saturday. It is ridiculous that this 'official' U2 fan site hadn't rectified/updated their inaccuracy.

Yes.

So let me ask people in here: How many of you think that the chief purpose of U2.com is to provide us with credible, valid and accurate information about U2?

U2Man said:

Yes.

So let me ask people in here: How many of you think that the chief purpose of U2.com is to provide us with credible, valid and accurate information about U2?

I think their chief purpose is to make all the other U2 websites feel better about themselves.

AtomicBono said:

I think their chief purpose is to make all the other U2 websites feel better about themselves.

Haha, yes. How kind of them :up:

Except....being better than U2.com doesn't really say much, does it? :huh:

What's funny to me is that with their bad luck they always seem to base their headline on the song that wasn't played. :huh:

It's 7PM ET the next day and the wrong setlist is still up. I guess no one that can fix it works weekends.:|

ramblin rose said:
What's funny to me is that with their bad luck they always seem to base their headline on the song that wasn't played. :huh:

It's 7PM ET the next day and the wrong setlist is still up. I guess no one that can fix it works weekends.:|

:lol:
too true

or totally ignore a song that was play for the first time:huh:

Axver said:
It really is a shambolic disgrace to the band that their web presence is so incompetent and inaccurate.

Folks, Does the group U2 have a stake in U2.com or is it in any way affiliated with the group. In other words, is U2.com the official site of U2? If so, if we berate U2.com, then these quotes are also directed at the group because it is their mouthpiece. Please clarify.

bigwali said:

Folks, Does the group U2 have a stake in U2.com or is it in any way affiliated with the group. In other words, is U2.com the official site of U2? If so, if we berate U2.com, then these quotes are also directed at the group because it is their mouthpiece. Please clarify.

Yes, U2.com is the official website of U2, it is run by Adam's brother Sebastian Clayton, and its incompetency is an absolute disgrace to the band. U2 deserve better than this.

At least U2.com have changed the story now...Interference are still carrying it!:ohmy:

Axver said:

Yes, U2.com is the official website of U2, it is run by Adam's brother Sebastian Clayton, and its incompetency is an absolute disgrace to the band. U2 deserve better than this.

Yeah, to allow such mediocrity is absurd. At the very least they should label the setlist as a "Proposed Setlist" and then update the "Actual Setlist" after the concert. BTW, are these setlist changes being recorded in the database. It would be cool to see these later on.

KBRY said:
At least U2.com have changed the story now...Interference are still carrying it!:ohmy:

Seems everyone is overlooking this minor detail KBRY :eyebrow:

U2.com:

As far as I remember:

around 100.000 registered users

40$ a year membership.

Which means:

4.000.000$ a year income.

You'd think they could do a little better, eh?

Miringeltje said:
I already posted this in another thread, but I'll post it again.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I'm thinking this might be the setlist that u2 sent out to u2.com, before the show started.

Do the people that work at u2.com go to every single concert?
I doubt it.
So is it wrong for them to assume that u2 will play the setlist they emailed to them?
I don't think so.

u2.com are just trying to get the setlist out quickly after the setlist.
That effort should be appreciated.

Making mistakes is only human.

And no, I'm not a member of u2.com.

Any way, I remember Rambling Rose saying that MTEdge text her that U2 had already changed the setlist 3 times.
She wasn't sure what it meant.
I believe after that Lila posted that perhaps he saw the original setlist.

Maybe this is what they originally planned on playing.
Sometimes things change at the last minute.
And different things can influence that.

But what do I know.
Just posting what I was thinking.

U2.com has a pathetic track record of posting setlists BEFORE the show (ruining many a setlist party...), and also just basically butchering information and putting up lame, some say manufactured, interviews, etc. You should never see a misspelled song title on a U2 website, yet it happens more times than you could imagine. It goes beyond 'human error, and borderlines on incompetence.

U2.com is a third party, outsourced website that really does a piss-poor job in my estimation. I STILL haven't gotten my U2.com membership stuff after several emails and promises. I can't believe that Adam's brother would be in charge of such a shoddy operation.

U2.com = :down:

If the band had more involvement with it, I'd have a different opinion.

Read the following from U2.com and tell me it doesn't sound fake as hell (I mean they couldn't have edited the 'Crumbs' reference?...)

Three Hours To Showtime

Just ahead of tonight's opening show, a huge line of fans was snaking right the way around the Air Canada Centre.

Apart from the general air of barely disguised excitement, a deeply
unscientific survey by the U2.Com team suggested that most of the discussion was about two subjects. Firstly, GA ticket holders were wondering whether their ticket would get lucky in the computer scanning machine and win them entry into the ellipse area.

Secondly, with Edge revealing that the band are going to put some more new material into the set for the Fall shows, what are the likely candidates.

'It's got to be Crumbs From Under Your Table', said Rainie, 23, who'd brought his girlfriend Steph, 22, for her first U2 show. 'But 'Ultraviolet (Light My Way) would also be way cool!'

'I'm looking for that set list they played in Barcelona,' said Bart, who had driven 22 hours across Canada for the show. 'I saw it on U2.Com and thought that would be my favourite, Party Girl and Miss Sarajevo included!'

Nicky and Linda, both late twenties and both mad keen concert-goers, were looking for Stay (Far Away So Close). 'I saw them on the Elevation Tour,' said Nicky. 'The energy is just so good when they play. We've seen Coldplay, Duran Duran, Keane, and David Bowie, all great shows, but nothing on this band!'

Wild Horses was the big hope of Justin Farrell, who has seen the band four times, or failing that Wild Honey. 'I love that song, wouldn't it be great if they played that tonight?'

Other fans were nominating Hold Me Thrill Me, Discotheque, Staring At The Sun, Desire, and Sweetest Thing. But for most people, the discussion was just a way of passing time in line - nobody was really that bothered about what the band play. As one fan near the head of the line put it to U2.Com, 'They could play anything they like and we'd be happy.'

Has ANYONE, at ANY U2 show seen U2.com doing interviews? And, c'mon... you don't capitalize the 'C' in U2.com.

Last edited:
U2Man said:
U2.com:

As far as I remember:

around 100.000 registered users

40$ a year membership.

Which means:

4.000.000$ a year income.

You'd think they could do a little better, eh?

Wow if they're really raking in that much they don't have much excuses there are plenty of fans who would be prepared to do it for a fraction of that.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Here's the difference: Interference is NOT the official site of U2. The people here work hard but are not paid for it. They'll fix it when they wake up, turn on the computer, etc. :rolleyes:

Thank you. And you're right. People here have NO IDEA the amount of work that goes into this site. It's honestly a fulltime job for me, and god knows the mods bust their asses. Most of the time, I'd venture to say the effort goes unnoticed, or unappreciated. But still we keep going either way.

The person who posted the news thread was not at the show. When I woke up this morning, I realized that U2.com had posted the wrong set list and they fixed it, so I did the same.

Back
Top Bottom