U2 Are Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks guys. It's not quite dawn yet, so i got up to let him try and sleep. I think he is going to have a doozy of a black eye and maybe need a couple of stitches. He plays in a Deep Purple tribute band now and they have a gig on Sunday...something will be deep purple....his eyes.
I can't believe what has been going on in our lives lately. How much can a koala bear? I just wrote a letter to the editor saying what wonderful teachers we have in the Clarence Valley and how so many of my son's friends have grown into successful adults and how proud we should be of our local kids ( i wrote it because I was sick and tired of the negativity about today's youth) But there certainly are some rotten apples in the barrel. Hub has been playing in bands for 35 years and he says their is a very noticeable change in crowd behaviour, probably due to some of the nasty drugs around these days and so many stressed out people.
ANYWAY...back to U2. I have been saying going to a U2 concert is like going to church. Man do I need some divine intervention and the healing power of their music. I have been looking forward to hearing 'Sometimes You Can't make It On Your Own" but right now I think it would send me over the edge. I'm definitely going to have to take the big handbag with a box of Klennex.
I haven't heard this new song yet...or read the lyrics. I hope it's not too deep.Just lately my sorrows have learned to swim.

The spirit will move you with this one!

cass said:
thanks guys. It's not quite dawn yet, so i got up to let him try and sleep. I think he is going to have a doozy of a black eye and maybe need a couple of stitches. He plays in a Deep Purple tribute band now and they have a gig on Sunday...something will be deep purple....his eyes.
I can't believe what has been going on in our lives lately. How much can a koala bear? I just wrote a letter to the editor saying what wonderful teachers we have in the Clarence Valley and how so many of my son's friends have grown into successful adults and how proud we should be of our local kids ( i wrote it because I was sick and tired of the negativity about today's youth) But there certainly are some rotten apples in the barrel. Hub has been playing in bands for 35 years and he says their is a very noticeable change in crowd behaviour, probably due to some of the nasty drugs around these days and so many stressed out people.
ANYWAY...back to U2. I have been saying going to a U2 concert is like going to church. Man do I need some divine intervention and the healing power of their music. I have been looking forward to hearing 'Sometimes You Can't make It On Your Own" but right now I think it would send me over the edge. I'm definitely going to have to take the big handbag with a box of Klennex.
I haven't heard this new song yet...or read the lyrics. I hope it's not too deep.Just lately my sorrows have learned to swim.
:wink:

Earnie Shavers said:
Just heard some fat middle aged Irish dude on the radio say "Been waiting a long time for this". I assume he was talking about the triple park pass he just got handed.

Thoughts of Bono at Wet and Wild... :shifty:

andyuk said:
anyone gonna tape the rehersals? be interesting to hear window in the skies as i am sure they will be practing it!

Apart from anything that happens on Sautrday afternoon (I'll be at an exam), I should be able to tape anything that happens. Not sure how it'll work out but I'll give it a a shot.

Ta blue-eyed girl. We decided to ring the police about it and the fat old saergent ( he was on the other end of the phone but I'll presume he was fat) said "what do you expect at a rock concert? We tried to stamp them out years ago"What a lot of bull, but we are just letting it go. In 35 years of playing his guitar in public he has been assaulted 3 times, each time unprovoked by a stranger in the past 2 years. Last time was St Patrick's Day 2006. I insisted he wear my U2 Rattle and Hum T shirt. We thought maybe the thug really didn't like U2.

The times sure are a-changin'

My daughter-in-law just saw Adam Clayton!!!
Not much else matters today :):):):):)

It's not over, but I am about to sing

I'm soooooooooooooooo excited
And I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control
And you know what for nothing

I THINK I LIKE IT!!!

:wink:

Leebonoman96 said:
Do we know where they will be staying in other cities yet?

Under a copy of the NZ Herald in Auckland, I believe. Classiest accommodation in the city. :wink:

cass said:

I am sorry to hear about that aweful incident hey, frickin sick people!

Make sure you report everything to the police

Don't be worried about going to the concert and what songs you hear as well..
One thing I have learnt about concerts is that no matter how depressing a song might be on an album, the live version is articulated in a more real way because at a concert you have thousands of people around you singing and belting out their hearts with you.

It makes you stronger, because you really don't feel alone.

I hope you and your partner get better

Last edited:
thanks yertle. I predict I will have the time of my life and all pain shall leave my body for the duration of the concert.
I had some lovely phone calls from my girlfriends today wishing me Godspeed. i told them I'd write a book about what happens and give it to them as a Christmas present. If I win any of the U2 Sydney competitions I have entered, they'll be right there with me. I emailed the pics of my mum lining up in 40 degree heat last November to buy my Brisbane ticket and a pic of my Bono birthday cake. I hope that gets the judges attention.

I keep thinking I might have left the tickets at home...better go check.

Thanks for the good wsihes about my husband. His face looks dreadful today, So swollen and shiny and he is bright purple around the eyes. But he doesn't think his nose is broken. Hopefully it will fade a bit before his gig on Sunday. he feels embarrassed that 4 x 14 year olds go him. But he was alone and some 14 year olds are huge and violent. he thinks they were on ice or something. that makes them mega-strong...and stupid and dangerous. I'm starting to wish he'd retire from the pub rock scene. But he loves it.

Bit like U2...old rockers never die, they just get better and better.

**hug** yertle. Make the most of your tome little brother :wave:

Back
Top Bottom