U2 and Springsteen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, but you can get a good measure of the sustaining power of U2 versus The Boss by looking at the venues each is playing. U2 are selling out arenas in San Diego, Anaheim and L.A. here in So Cal. Meanwhile, The Boss is playing in the vast (insert sarcasm flag here) Pantages Theater. And, asking a crapload for admission as well (more than U2's cheapies).

But hey, hopefully the guys will bring his tired butt up onstage and give him some face time. :p

Erin go bragh said:
I don't know, but you can get a good measure of the sustaining power of U2 versus The Boss by looking at the venues each is playing. U2 are selling out arenas in San Diego, Anaheim and L.A. here in So Cal. Meanwhile, The Boss is playing in the vast (insert sarcasm flag here) Pantages Theater. And, asking a crapload for admission as well (more than U2's cheapies).

But hey, hopefully the guys will bring his tired butt up onstage and give him some face time. :p

Are you really insulting The Boss? Springsteen sold out tons of arenas on his last tour (3 or 4 years ago) just as fast as U2 has. I think he is purposely playing small venues which automatically causes price to go up. Similar to when Sting plays his theater gigs. Think if U2 went on a theater tour. How much would you pay to see U2 in a theater? Or how much would you pay to see U2 in a club (e.g. Irving Plaza)?

I'm not the biggest Springsteen fan, but you can't knock him. He was the only person worthy of inducting U2 in the HOF.

not that I'm a big fan of the boss, but in his defense, he's deliberately playing theaters and arenas-in-theater-setup for a more intimate feeling, seeing as this is a solo acoustic tour ... just Bruce and his guitar. Kind of tough to pull off a whole show of that in front of 20k people....

edit: oops, looks like great minds think alike, OffAxis... :)

And how many times did the Boss sell out Giants Stadium 2 years ago? He almost lived there for the summer. (I think it was 10...in a stadium, 75,000 people)

Erin go bragh said:

:rolleyes:

It will be an honor and a rare treat to see Springsteen solo in a small theater.

Erin go bragh,

You are an ignorant idiot. Bruce played 10 NIGHTS at Giants Stadium in 2003!!! 10 NIGHTS IN A STADIUM!!!

Do your research before you post your uninformed nonsense...

WOw this is not supposed to be a @&$(#@ contest
Don't most of you enjoy Both Artists ...?

C'mon admit it if not the voice than the writing and evocotive emotions that are expressed
I'm not going to join in the Debate but I will suggest that neither artist is capapble of understanding that this could ever be competitive how could they ?

Each one pours out his his soul it's not the sox and yanks and that rivalry is exactly right it's a sport This is Art

ENJOY your nite GOD Bless and Rest the Pope

OneBadStay said:
Erin go bragh,

You are an ignorant idiot. Bruce played 10 NIGHTS at Giants Stadium in 2003!!! 10 NIGHTS IN A STADIUM!!!

Do your research before you post your uninformed nonsense...

Ignorant idiot? Whoa dude, when you bring it, you bring it strong.

Ok, so Bruce can sell out stadiums. And yeah, maybe it's cool he's doing an acoustic tour to support his new album. The truth is, the guy really hasn't put out a worthwhile record in some time. I like some of his stuff, moreso older stuff, but I haven't really been moved by anything from him lately. Of course, this is my opinion, but I see having one gets me the honor of being called an ignorant idiot by an overly judgemental "know it all" with the vocabulary of a 6th grader.

But hey, it's cool. Rock on, bro. Sorry for hurtin your feelings. :up:

hibricc said:
not that I'm a big fan of the boss, but in his defense, he's deliberately playing theaters and arenas-in-theater-setup for a more intimate feeling, seeing as this is a solo acoustic tour ... just Bruce and his guitar. Kind of tough to pull off a whole show of that in front of 20k people....

edit: oops, looks like great minds think alike, OffAxis... :)

And in my defense I'll point out that Elton John has been playin for years with just him and his piano and I don't see him hitting the bar circuit.

how many albums did springsteen sell of 'the rising'? please don't try to trivialze the boss, you have no idea what you are talking about if that is the case.

springsteen puts on a show and a half. does that half a fag elton play for 3+ hours? Nope, he just curses at the press. bad analogy there chief.

springsteen is doing his own thing this time around, no e-street band. he doesn't want to play in front of 20,000 a night, although he probably could sell a lot of those tickets if he wanted to. i saw his accoustic tour with 2000 people in a theater and it was great. you either don't get his music, or what he is trying to do this time around.

i think there is a great possibility of bruce joining u2 in NJ for a song, probably ISHFWILF, since they did that at the hall of fame night, and springsteen is a big fan of that song.

2heartsboston said:
WOw this is not supposed to be a @&$(#@ contest
Don't most of you enjoy Both Artists ...?

C'mon admit it if not the voice than the writing and evocotive emotions that are expressed
I'm not going to join in the Debate but I will suggest that neither artist is capapble of understanding that this could ever be competitive how could they ?

Each one pours out his his soul it's not the sox and yanks and that rivalry is exactly right it's a sport This is Art

ENJOY your nite GOD Bless and Rest the Pope

I know, and you're right. I will give Bruce credit for being a good artist and a good songwriter. I was just trying to express my opinion that I thought U2 had much more staying power than Bruce, and I guess I probably didn't do that in the best way.

Now let us have some fun in here, alright? :shifty:

Palace_Hero said:
Only joking, I am a man!

Ok, I could go about a hundred different directions with this one, but I'm gonna do my best to try and defuse the situation.

1. I am not trying to trvialize, demean, insult, offend, chastize or belittle Bruce Springsteen and/or his fans.

2. I like U2 more than Bruce Springsteen.

3. That doesn't make U2 or The Boss better or worse than the others.

4. I'm sorry if I offended any of the wonderful interference.com posters (except OneBadDay....he called me an ignorant idiot...:sad: )

Erin go bragh said:

Ok, I could go about a hundred different directions with this one, but I'm gonna do my best to try and defuse the situation.

1. I am not trying to trvialize, demean, insult, offend, chastize or belittle Bruce Springsteen and/or his fans.

2. I like U2 more than Bruce Springsteen.

3. That doesn't make U2 or The Boss better or worse than the others.

4. I'm sorry if I offended any of the wonderful interference.com posters (except OneBadDay....he called me an ignorant idiot...:sad: )

Pfft, I don't care.. I don't rate Springsteen anyway! Just a bit of banter on my part. :p

Look at it this way. If Bono did a solo acoustic tour would he be selling out night after night in an arena? Would he even want to play that big of a venue doing that kind of tour? I dont think so. Its no different with Bruce. If he had the E Street Band he could sellout arenas with ease and pretty much did on The Rising tour. Although, other than the New York market, I think U2 is selling out more shows and faster than Bruce did for The Rising. Its all relative though. Bruce has just as much staying power as U2 and has just as big if not bigger of a fanbase.

Bruce's last good album?? The Rising 2002! Pick it up, its a good album.

kerryb8448 said:
how many albums did springsteen sell of 'the rising'? please don't try to trivialze the boss, you have no idea what you are talking about if that is the case.

springsteen puts on a show and a half. does that half a fag elton play for 3+ hours? Nope, he just curses at the press. bad analogy there chief.

springsteen is doing his own thing this time around, no e-street band. he doesn't want to play in front of 20,000 a night, although he probably could sell a lot of those tickets if he wanted to. i saw his accoustic tour with 2000 people in a theater and it was great. you either don't get his music, or what he is trying to do this time around.

i think there is a great possibility of bruce joining u2 in NJ for a song, probably ISHFWILF, since they did that at the hall of fame night, and springsteen is a big fan of that song.
fuck man, if there's one thing I can't stand it's homophobia...

fuck off

actually. your "half a fag" elton john, plays for 2 and a half hours, and plays all the hits. and no one leaves unsatisfied.

and im the biggest boss fan and defender you will find, and your still out out of line. seriously.

Instead of this being U2vsBruce, I'm pleased that I have the chance of seing Springsteen perform in Hamburg 11th of june. And guess what? The next day, I travel a few hundred kilometers south to attend my first Vertigo show!
This is going to be a 24 hour ride worth remembering...
By the way: Springsteen is actually the only artist I have seen with the same amount of charisma as Bono.

Back
Top Bottom