U.S Tour 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
so, do we really know who's going to open for U2 in the us next year? I remember hearing something about The Scissor sisters, and while i find them entertaining enough, i hope they aren't their final choice. Coldplay would be nice:drool: but that wishing for the best. The Walkmen would also be a good choice. what are your thoughts??

Hey, maybe the next time The Edge is on here we could get him to divulge(sp?) some info? hehe :D i love this place so much! :wink:

U2democrat said:
I love this place, i love the edge, i love u2, i love vertigo, AH what more can i say???? WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN! all that really can be said is WOOOO!

I wish they wouldn't have an opener. Just come out and play for 2.5 hours and call it. Just my two cents.

Lancemc said:
I remember hearing something about The Scissor sisters

WHAT? :ohmy:

OMG. Scissor Sisters opening for U2 would ROCK!!! I'm SO into them right now (tho they might have been better suited for U2's AB or Pop tours). I know Bono is a big fan of SS so....anything's possible! :sexywink: :hyper:

i'd like to see Live open for them, maybe better than ezra..... two great bands who aren't big enough to take the spotlight away from U2....

i wouldnt want a huge great big act open for u2, especially if its in a small venue. I think U2 respects their own fans enough not to invite all sorts of different fans to a show where U2's fans are the ones to appreciate and be appreciated. RHCP worked in Slane because the space, an act along the lines of Collective Soul would do great. they are releasing an album on their own label this fall. THAT WOULD BE A KILLER SHOW!!! :hyper:

I would think they would go slightly longer than usual. Maybe 2.5 hours. I think they have enough material to do that, don't ya think?

I can't really think of any band that would complement them just right and not be of a totally different ballpark.

But I must say that if I were to be silly for a moment, I would wish TSP got back together and did some shows with U2...Le sigh, that would be awesome, and weird!

I would be SO happy if they didn't have an opening act. I just wasn't into PJ Harvey last time. I would seriously just rather they played music or the radio than have an opening act. I remember back in 87 and 92 they had TWO opening acts! God, that was even worse. :madspit:

I'm having horrible flash backs of Buckwheat Zydiago......

Last edited:
I don't think we're gonna get so lucky as to not have opening acts. U2 seem to enjoy giving bands an opportunity to play for large crowds etc...
They just don't understand that we the fans are like this :hyper: and it is just torture having to wait. :mad:

How about Yoko Ono? My thinking is that if you let her open, a large percentage of the GA audience will scury to find earplugs. This will open up the prime locations on the floor for those who came prepared for the Screaching Wonder.

I saw her back at the Tibetan Freedom Festival in San Francisco back in '96 and she was like listening to a crack addicted squirrel. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom