Twickenham 1 Setlist Party Part Dos!!!111

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
:hyper: :hyper:

What did I miss--besides EVERYTHING?????

I was at a party for real--a 1-year-old cousin's birthday party--so I missed all the fun here. Oh, well, I should be here for ALL the fun tomorrow!!!

You could have had the fun of a Setlist Party to you're party. It's simple really. Get three friends. One give the normal setlist too, Vertigo -> Vertigo. Have them shout it out general points within the party, re act accordingly. Get you're second friend to yell out random songs at random intervals, these can be from any song from any bad. Allow the person yelling randomness and the person yelling the setlist to fight. Have you're third friend come in and seperate these two, give them each a PITNOL & chilliout!

Wow, Bono's guitar is quite loud on The Fly! :ohmy: And it sounds great! :ohmy: Is that him playing that little riff (that is the same thing that Adam playes) after the "It's no secret at all" while Edge playes the usual thing he playes there? :ohmy:

timothius said:

You could have had the fun of a Setlist Party to you're party. It's simple really. Get three friends. One give the normal setlist too, Vertigo -> Vertigo. Have them shout it out general points within the party, re act accordingly. Get you're second friend to yell out random songs at random intervals, these can be from any song from any bad. Allow the person yelling randomness and the person yelling the setlist to fight. Have you're third friend come in and seperate these two, give them each a PITNOL & chilliout!

DAMN! Why didn't I think of this?
*slaps self upside forehead*

karls77 said:
Just got back and thought I would add my two cents. Decent show but nothing surprising. Decent time and a good sing-along. They could've fit a couple more songs in it it weren't for damn curfew!!
but if u werent to read setlists online all the time, and just went to the show then am sure you would have been suprised, i.e. electric co, and zoo station, but thats the thing with the internet, we know the setlists before we even get to the show

Bugger...Bono did a lovely intro right on the dot of 9, along the lines of it being a beautiful night in London town, or something like that. Trust the BBC to come in late!!

I have never heard U2 play like they did tonight. The crowd was absolutely astounding and brought the absolute best out of them. Of this I'm sure.

Adam did at least three walks, Edge did a fair few on his side. Bono and Edge sung Zoostation to each other from opposite stages :cool:

Oh, and Bono and Larry sung LAPOE right in front of us! :combust:

And Bono sang most of SYCMIOYO in front of us too :crack:

And Bono dragged a girl up on stage for MW and he passed her the video camera the wrong way up and it stayed that way until the end of the song when Edge took it from Bono's hand and showed him the error of his ways much to Bono's amusement as he looked up at the screen :laugh:

This has to be one of their best ever shows, certainly for audience participation :yes:

enajh2 said:
Bugger...Bono did a lovely intro right on the dot of 9, along the lines of it being a beautiful night in London town, or something like that. Trust the BBC to come in late!!

I have never heard U2 play like they did tonight. The crowd was absolutely astounding and brought the absolute best out of them. Of this I'm sure.

Adam did at least three walks, Edge did a fair few on his side. Bono and Edge sung Zoostation to each other from opposite stages :cool:

Oh, and Bono and Larry sung LAPOE right in front of us! :combust:

And Bono sang most of SYCMIOYO in front of us too :crack:

And Bono dragged a girl up on stage for MW and he passed her the video camera the wrong way up and it stayed that way until the end of the song when Edge took it from Bono's hand and showed him the error of his ways much to Bono's amusement as he looked up at the screen :laugh:

This has to be one of their best ever shows, certainly for audience participation :yes:
:yes: This was my fifth show of the tour, and first European show. Have to hand it to the Brits, the crowd was amazing tonight! Cheers! :wink: Only bummer was the F'IN CURFEW!!! :madspit:

Hopefully, they'll blow past it tomorrow nite since I'm on the picth!! :wink:

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
you know as i said, the funny thing is, the people who are here and not at the show have a good moan about vertigo x 2, but the people who are actually at the show, the ones that matter, love it

not everyone at the shows love vertigo x2. ive seen it and it sucked. i can only imagine now how it since aboy has mysteriously disappeared.

well tonight around 60000 people didn't think 'it sucked' and almost 60000 people didn't know/care less that ABOY wasn't played. It was a great great great show. You should have been there!

Last edited:
Jim said:

well tonight around 60000 people didn't think 'it sucked' and almost 60000 people didn't know/care less that ABOY wasn't played. It was a great great great show. You should have been there!

Wow, now that you mentioned it I just realised that they didn't played ABOY. :ohmy:

Weird...

I miss ABOY. Actually, I miss all their songs that aren't played on a nightly basis.

I didnt even notice they didnt play ABOY. I thought that was gonna be a certain before I went.

I got really excited when I heard them sound checking wild horses (quite a lot as well) but they didnt play it.

Totally amazing performance, had a great view, great atmosphere. Just the best!!!

:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom