Tour t-shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the edges plec

Acrobat
Has anybody got any pics of the tour t-shirts as i always look forward to seeing the different designs also what other merchandise was on offer?

So I can see the ones I am NOT buying. Don't like the big "V" and I don't like the ones that look too much like the Target logo! hhehe

Not digging the sweatshirt either. Not as nice as last tour.

Oh well, to be positive, I do see ones that I like as well...so better save up the $35 now (ouch)

:wink: Thank you some iffy designs although i quite like the brown ones ,no sign of any condoms like i bought at the zooropa tour which amazingly i still have. ;)

i can see myself biting the bullet and dropping $80 on that unforgettable fire shirt-

most of those shirts suck

It was a joke to see the vintage shirts going for those prices.

I thought the designs overall were horrible. I really couldn't believe the lack of taste.

The horizontal poster is the nicest thing there and the hat is ok.

THose big red Vs are awful.. I know they're supposed to look like you have vertigo but they gend up looking like the logo from that 80's miniseries "V" - does anyone remember that? When the lizard-aliens took over the world?

WTF!

Yes... I remember that!!

they could have hired a better graphic designer to come up with more original stuff. In my opinion, the album art for this album is the worst. A shame really.

The vintage shirts (UF and JT) look like they may be EDUN; they also seem to have a special tag on them.

Johnovox said:
The vintage shirts (UF and JT) look like they may be EDUN; they also seem to have a special tag on them.
So you get a cool U2 shirt ánd you're helping Africa... Do you get a discount when you've already sent a SMS message during One? :wink:

none of the women's shirts had any tour dates on the back. even the ones that were identical to the men's in design. and even though they were the same price.

the tour books were printed on pretty crappy, non-glossy paper.

the key chains are an orangey-red and gold V. i bought one, but i wish it was different.

the posters were nice.

r1678695514.jpg

some of the girl shirts are allright but theres is some nasty shit there
yuck

and those prices - i hate to think waht teh european prices are onna be since our tickets were double the cost of the american ones - does that mean they're gonne want £80 for a t-shirt? hope not

Johnovox said:

Then that would explain the high price tag on those t-shirts.....
I thought the EDUN tees were supposedly going to be cheaper
because they didn't have the dept. store EDUN pricing on them..
But either U2 wants a huge profit ( which I don't really believe )
or they want the fair trade workers to start making alot of
money in their new employment..... Either way, I don't think I'll
be buying a "vintage" t-shirt anyway..... I MIGHT buy a $35
t-shirt, but then again, after seeing that stupid red "V" on those tees.. and to actually wear it and look like one of those lizards from "V" The Mini Series or "V" The Final Battle....
( yes, I remember those shows too... ) I may actually think
"twice" and "pass" on buying the t-shirt all together......
( let's just say that "Deja Vu".... hit me all over again!!! )
It seems to me, like U2 may want to "cater" more to the "new"
younger generation of U2 fans... I really believe these t-shirt designs were made for them.... simply because the older generation would NOT normally wear this type of design...
But who knows..... maybe some older fans might...
if they really want a t-shirt from this tour...

That baseball jersey is the same as the Elevation tour jersey, except U2 and Elevation are replaced by 05 and Vertigo. Maybe the scalper shirts will be nicer, at least they're usually only $10.

Looking at the picture again, they're RESELLING the Unforgettable Fire shirt... I bought that friggen shirt back in '85 at the L.A. Sports Arena show, and I couldn't have paid more than $15 at the time for it. $85...WHAT THA!!

Are the two shirts on the bottom left women's shirts, or unisex? Do they have the tour dates on the backs?

Best bet is to buy a shirt from u2.com. Mostly better designs and only 20-25 bucks.

Can't necessarily blame the band for the prices--have seen similar/higher prices at concerts for other bands in the last few years. Makes you wonder about the organizations putting on/promoting the shows.

TheBrazilianFly said:
I liked the TUF and the War t-shirts but 80-90 bucks for them? Way too expensive.
But when you but these, people will think their vintage... That's worth something :wink:

Back
Top Bottom