Tour t-shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The one with the V peace sign and BOMB looks cool. I think I'll get that one in September.

Why is it that all concert shirt creators feel the incessant need to put the show dates on the back of the shirt? I personally think it makes the whole shirt look cheesy. I don't need to the self-validation of wearing a shirt to show that I was one of the few people who got to see Vertigo. I'd much rather just have a cool shirt. The one with the three logos is cool, but it has those damn dates on the back. How cool would that shirt be after about 20 washings, faded symbols, and no dates?! It's the same thing with the lemon/shopping cart shirt from Popmart. Easily one of the coolest shirts ever created, but those dates on the back make me feel stupid when I wear it.

Am I the only person who thinks this? (Now I need some self-validation :D )

I agree, dates are cheesy. I'd love it if they made individual "city" shirts, which I think they did for Zoo TV--where the back of the shirt just said something like "U2 ZOO TV Philadelphia 1992"

Those are some pathetic choices.

Seems like every year they get worse.

Just about the only one I could see myself buying is the white one in the middle with the 4 guys walking.....probably walking away from a T-shirt stand shaking their heads...

Clark W. Griswold said:
Just about the only one I could see myself buying is the white one in the middle with the 4 guys walking.....probably walking away from a T-shirt stand shaking their heads...

:laugh:

Sadly - I just know that I will be buying the black one with the big V. Its looks awful - but sth inside me wont let me leave the gig without buying one!

danielle said:
Yes... I remember that!!

they could have hired a better graphic designer to come up with more original stuff. In my opinion, the album art for this album is the worst. A shame really.

The designer they use is Steve Averill at Four5One, the one who gave them their name over 25 years ago...I can see why they wouldn't want to make a break.

Aesthetically, I don't like the cover, but I like the theme with the slashes//.

This seems to answer the question about the horrid designs this time around. I guess the boys should just stick to music and leave the t-shirt designs alone. Can't you just see the designer's eyes getting huge as he listens to the Bono discuss his idea to put a big red V on the front of a shirt?!

"Tommy Whitelaw, who runs U2’s clothing operation on the road tells us, the band have been involved from day one in putting it together" - u2.com

the brownish ones are okay. i'll probably end up getting one of those. and i like the vintage ones, but who can afford to spend that much on a shirt? even $35 is too much. :|

i'm disappointed with the sweatshirt. it's kinda dull.

and the V is hideous.

mads said:
the brownish ones are okay. i'll probably end up getting one of those. and i like the vintage ones, but who can afford to spend that much on a shirt? even $35 is too much. :|

i'm disappointed with the sweatshirt. it's kinda dull.

and the V is hideous.

I got the sweatshirt hoodie, similar to the Elevation one cept it's black and have a Target. I added the buttons to the other side to brighten it up.

I'll be buying myself a poster...i always pick up a concert poster from every concert, any artist, the wall down my stairs is a collection... i have heard there are 2 different posters this time around too.

i like simple shirts, nothing with huge pictures accross it. the brown one in the last picture would be ok if it werent for the huge VERTIGO 05 accross the back

Last edited:
Just another way to suck 100$ more from us..

Ipod: 350$
CD: 25$
Posters, Program, T Shirt: 80$
Seeing U2 6 times: Priceless

LyricalDrug said:
I agree, dates are cheesy. I'd love it if they made individual "city" shirts, which I think they did for Zoo TV--where the back of the shirt just said something like "U2 ZOO TV Philadelphia 1992"

That would probably be an enormous mistake. Springsteen did that for his summer run back in 2003 and what happened with those was almost criminal. I went to a few Giants Stadium show and three Shea Shows. The shirt specific for the tenth night went in a flash with a ton of them being bought by only a few people (as evidenced when they started going up on ebay). The last night of the tour, the specific Shea shirt, went for a mint on ebay and if it wasn't for a slow, little old man working one stand I might not have even gotten one. THAT one was going for over 300 dollars before fanfire, the people who handle the merchandise, started selling them on their website. I guarantee that if U2 did that they'd wind up on ebay in a flash and everyone here would be bitching about not getting a shirt. :wink:

the edges plec said:
:wink: ...no sign of any condoms like i bought at the zooropa tour which amazingly i still have. ;)

That maybe ones of the saddest things I've ever read in an Interference forum.

lol I liked how u2.com conveniently doesn't say how much the merchandise costs...they just show the pictures. :rofl:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

About the t-shirts, the capped-sleeved grey/black one (that says "Vertigo"), is growing on me. Thankfully it's only $35. On the last tour I spent $70 on a shirt--it was the only one I liked and it just HAPPENED to be the most expensive.
In regards to the Edun thing, it's hard to say if these ones are made thru Edun. I've heard that the more expensive ones are licensed thru another company which specializes in retro shirts for big bands. I think there's more information in some of these forums, or on U2.com's forum.
I hope the shirts ARE made thru Edun. After thinking of how much I spent on tickets, I'm rethinking my plans to buy some jeans!!

I kinda like the big V...I'm thinking of buying the tshirt with the big V and the V key chain...mostly because my name starts with V....I'm a geek I know!

Back
Top Bottom