Toronto IV Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST! (

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dalton Brother said:
I was in GA, near the tip of the stage for the show.....the highlight for me was Discotheque for sure....i'm too tired to try to describe any more than what's been done - but it was completely different - more ambiant, but seemingly more rocking at times - an EXCELLENT rendition, and certainly one of the more interesting moments of the night.

I thought it was a fantastic show overall, the usual standard fare, but, .....mixing Eddie Vedder, Discotheque, Fast Cars and all the rest....I don't know how anyone could complain....it was a great show, especially compared to Wednesday (Toronto II), which was still solid.

Couldn't agree more, I was in the Elipse and it was by far the best U2 show I have seen based on performance and energy ! Fast Cars was off the charts, that song should be played every night ! Discotheque was awesome as well, my favorite part was PopMusik playing prior to Discotheque, that really brought me back to Popmart, I was really expecting Mofo though. Great Night, Great Week and great people at the show ! I think people have to stop basing the show purely on Setlist, I agree that the creative element is lacking at certain times, but the real measure of the show should be based o performance and energy from the band and from the crowd.

MrBrau1 said:

I know. Not all seaters are shits. :wink:

to be honest, out of all of my friends, it seemed like the casual fans got the floors, and the hardcores like me had trouble getting tickets at all :sad: (we all did get tickets, some of the hardcores paid ETS 3x the money to get floors, i got seats in the 300s)

anitram said:

Before Popmuzik came on, the screens started showing a decibel scale so we knew something was up. Then instead of the Zoo babies, we got the Pop icons (shopping cart, etc), and the four images of the guys off the album cover.

wake me up when november ends.

I can't fucking wait til Cleveland. Discotheque better fucking replace Zoo Station, and I loved Zoo Station. but that sounds so fucking badass that I want to cry out in joy.

U2 PLAYED MY MOTHERFUCKING SONG, HELLZ YEA!!!! do we have mp3s of disco yet?!?!?!!?!?!?!

bcrt2000 said:

to be honest, out of all of my friends, it seemed like the casual fans got the floors, and the hardcores like me had trouble getting tickets at all :sad: (we all did get tickets, some of the hardcores paid ETS 3x the money to get floors, i got seats in the 300s)

I'd just like to make a point for some of you - I'm probably not as hardcore as some of you guys are (not 'causal' though), but I'm still a big fan of this band. I got to see U2 from the floor for the first time ever last night, and I had a blast. Whereas before I might have figured the floor was no big deal, now my attitude to being there in the future will be very different. Also, another friend had seats for the show, who wasn't really a fan at all, and he came out saying it's one of the best shows he's ever seen.

I'm sure most of you are just frustrated at not getting the tickets what you wanted, or annoyed at the true casual fans getting the best seats in the house - and I'll admit that bugs me a bit too. But these opportunities can create new fans, and make other fans into bigger fans than they already are.

BTW, I'd didn't really like Discotheque very much - until last night. :) Seeing it live with Bono a few feet away makes a difference!

For anyone interested, there's a review on the show in this thread here , as well as a few comments by myself and a few others.

Finally, a big thank-you to all of you who have been posting about the previous shows this week - I've enjoyed the reading building up to yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom