Toronto IV Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST! (

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oceane said:
By the way Axver, I don"t think the snippets are complete on the set-list you have.

Wow, I thought there were plenty as it is! Can you remember any others? Was Bullet With Butterfly Wings in Electric Co.?

Axver said:

Streets has been played more times, aren't you tired of it? One's only been played 5 times less, aren't you tired of it? I'm sure you aren't. Some of the old regulars, I'm tired of - Pride mainly - but something like Bad is so classic. And it hasn't even been played at every show since the Joshua Tree Tour! It's nowhere near an old regular like Streets or One. You aren't guaranteed to hear Bad at a U2 show and I think that's helped to make it quite special.

As far as U2's definitive songs go in my opinion:
Studio: Streets
Live: Bad
Individual performance: One Tree Hill

I don't disagree with you there. I think it's just weak to cut something that's, say, 5 minutes and replace it with The Ocean.

How about if they cut something 5 minutes, but replace with The Ocean AND Love Comes Tumbling? :wink:

Which song would be actually worth cutting a 5 minute song for; Scarlet or The Ocean?

Scarlet...:drool:

namkcuR said:

How about if they cut something 5 minutes, but replace with The Ocean AND Love Comes Tumbling? :wink:

I'll take One Tree Hill --> The Ocean myself. :drool:

LemonMelon said:
Which song would be actually worth cutting a 5 minute song for; Scarlet or The Ocean?

Scarlet...:drool:

Oooh, Scarlet :drool:

That should've been played more than just the once live.

Axver said:

Wow, I thought there were plenty as it is! Can you remember any others? Was Bullet With Butterfly Wings in Electric Co.?

Here is what I saw in here, with my added comments in brackets. Sorry I don't really know the names of the songs, just what Bono sings...

Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly
1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo -snippet Rockaway Beach
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co ("People I don't know are trying to kill me" and "See me, Feel me")
5. The Ocean
6. Beautiful Day-Snippet of SGT Pepper (and Many Rivers to Crawl (cross?)
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes You Can't Make it Own Your Own - Snippet, Dirty Old Town (well, it was the song about the dark Dakota Hills, I don't think it's Dirty Old Town)
9. Love and Peace or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Bullet in the Blue Sky Snippet Hands That Built America and Johnny Comes Marching Home
12. Miss Sarajevo

Human Rights Video

13. Pride (In the Name of Love)
14. Where the Streets Have No Name
15. One - Daniel Lanois playing the Irish Falcon - Old Man River Snippet Eddie Vedder on Stage!! (more than a snippet IMO, lasted way longer than usual because of Eddie singing)

16. Discotheque (Relax, don't do it)
17. The Fly
18. With or Without You

19. All Because of You
20. Fast Cars
21. Yahweh
22. 40

oceane said:

Here is what I saw in here, with my added comments in brackets. Sorry I don't really know the names of the songs, just what Bono sings...

Thank you very much! :) Here's what I have now:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Rockaway Beach (snippet)
Elevation
The Electric Co. / People I Don't Know Are Trying To Kill Me (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Ol' Man River

Encore(s):
Discothèque / Relax (snippet)
The Fly
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
Fast Cars
Yahweh

Sounds like a great concert. Shame they didn't do that following:

Discoteque -> Mysterious Ways -> WOWY

MrBrau1 said:
A Neil McCormick snippet?

Interesting.

They did the same at the two Milan shows - I've a recording of one and I quite enjoy it.

Axver said:

Thank you very much! :) Here's what I have now:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Rockaway Beach (snippet)
Elevation
The Electric Co. / People I Don't Know Are Trying To Kill Me (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Ol' Man River

Encore(s):
Discothèque / Relax (snippet)
The Fly
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
Fast Cars
Yahweh

I think that's all correct!

Listening to Discotheque, live from Santiago :rockon:...

Staying alive, staying alive, ah ah ah ah, staying aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive... oh....

Axver said:

Excellent! :up:

Seems Bono was very snippet-happy tonight. Was he in a good mood?

Yeah, very good mood, although not as goofy as last night. But he was on fire, he spent way more time on the ellipse than usual (which made me happy because I *again* didn't win the lottery and was on the outsied rail), and really did everything he could to get to the entire crowd, especially early in the show. He was out for (other than the usual) Electric Co., The Ocean, Elevation, and more.

Wow, sounds great! I honestly just wish the set had been more varied, considering it was a fourth night show. But if the band played well and entertained everyone there, what does it matter?

Now bring on that live Mofo everyone's hoping for ... :drool:

Axver said:
Wow, sounds great! I honestly just wish the set had been more varied, considering it was a fourth night show. But if the band played well and entertained everyone there, what does it matter?

Now bring on that live Mofo everyone's hoping for ... :drool:

Yeah, honestly when I heard Pop Musik I thought Mofo was *maybe*coming... but no. But I wouldn't be surprised if it comes later on. I have to say Discotheque was so different that I can see how they needed to work on it a lot before putting it in.

And yeah, we could have had more variety, but really the three Toronto shows I saw had a totally different feel to them. And last night and tonight were truly phenomenal U2 shows.

I think one of the reasons they played Fast Cars again tonight was the filming, and also maybe because they realized it's a REALLY good live song, and gives a original feel to the show. It's so different from anything else, and fits perfectly well in the second encore after ABOY.

I also have a feeling that if it had not been for Willie Williams, maybe they wouldn't have played Yahweh again.

well then, what's up with this being "filmed"? did i read that right? why are they taping yet another show?

as for the pop muzik discoteque encore...shit yeah. that's good stuff.

a little surprising they didn't change more up though.

and whatever happened to until the end of the world? would like to see that come into the set...put it right at the beginning, maybe in exchange for elevation.

i want to see pictures of the pop entrance.

though it's tough to see zoo station leave, that's for sure.

I think it's actually pretty cool that Pop Muzik has now been coupled with another song. Just like how on this tour, WGRYWH was FINALLY played with a song other than UTEOTW preceding it.

The ABOY/Fast Cars combo sounds like it would work really well. Fast Cars from the first night sounded great - did it improve with repeat performances?

oh, and someone should explain a bit more of what discoteque was like.

EXPLAIN!

better yet, provide an mp3.

Axver said:
I think it's actually pretty cool that Pop Muzik has now been coupled with another song. Just like how on this tour, WGRYWH was FINALLY played with a song other than UTEOTW preceding it.

The ABOY/Fast Cars combo sounds like it would work really well. Fast Cars from the first night sounded great - did it improve with repeat performances?

I wasn't there on the first night, but others have told me that yeah, it improved greatly. I mean tonight it was so good I thought this song might become one of the those "obscure" U2 songs that become classics live (like 11 O'Clock Tick Tock).

Discotheque!

Awesome!

See, it's stuff like this that matters...

Even if it's one new song, it still makes a great show.

Yeah, it improved a lot. The first night, Bono was reading the lyrics out a lot and by tonight he had them down way better.

Before Popmuzik came on, the screens started showing a decibel scale so we knew something was up. Then instead of the Zoo babies, we got the Pop icons (shopping cart, etc), and the four images of the guys off the album cover.

Zoomerang96 said:
oh, and someone should explain a bit more of what discoteque was like.

EXPLAIN!

better yet, provide an mp3.

I have described it as well as I could a few pages back in this thread, if you want to look. But it's hard, because there were so many new things, and many different levels to the song. I would say it became something much more sophisticated than other live versions. And it was the first time they played it like that, it's only going to get better with practice.

Zoomerang96 said:
well then, what's up with this being "filmed"? did i read that right? why are they taping yet another show?

The filming is not a taping of the show, it was done with smaller cameras, and looked like it would be more for a documentary. Miroslava told me one of the woman filming was the one Bono introduced her film at the TO Film Fest this week (can't remember her name, from Australia?). They were mostly filming the crowd yesterday and today, and got on stage to film the band during ABOY and Fast Cars both nights.

Oh wait, they played "Fast Cars" again? I can't wait for the boot.

I always put it after "All Because of You" too when I play Bomb. Of course, that's partly because I take out "A Man and a Woman"...

oceane said:

I wasn't there on the first night, but others have told me that yeah, it improved greatly. I mean tonight it was so good I thought this song might become one of the those "obscure" U2 songs that become classics live (like 11 O'Clock Tick Tock).

I actually wondered just yesterday if Fast Cars was going to become the new Party Girl. Unlike something such as Wild Honey, I actually think it has a decent chance of doing that. It sounds like both band and crowd have a blast when it's played.

oceane said:
Miroslava told me one of the woman filming was the one Bono introduced her film at the TO Film Fest this week (can't remember her name, from Australia?).

Her name is Lian Lunson.

Back
Top Bottom