Toronto IV Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST! (

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
I'm pretty sure Bono was joking about Larry not showing up to rehearsals too :lol:.

I know, I know.
I was joking too.
I thought it was obvious, so I didn't include LOL or laughing smilie.
By the time I had changed my mind, it was too late to add something, 'cause the thread was already closed!
O well, guess I'm making an ass of myself once again.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
The main set it becoming very stale. Where as U2 would mix in Gloria on multiple nites, they didn't in Toronto. Electric Co. 4 times.

Gloria appears to be dead now.

The Ocean does not count as a song. It's 1:35 long.

The addition of Discotheque is nice, but since it bumps Zoo Station, it's a wash.

Gloria cannot be dead! I have yet to ever hear that played live out of all the shows/tours I've seen :sad:

We're out too. Maddy and I say
signs-goodnight2.gif

Lila64 said:
still looking for 2 tix for 11/1 myself. Gotta take the little one here ya know
love-friends.gif

Crossing my fingers for ya!
Really hope you find what you're looking for.

Bye Lila and Maddy!!
:wave:

(Ain't it a little early to go to bed though?)

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:
1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo -snippet Rockaway Beach
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co
5. The Ocean
6. Beautiful Day-Snippet of SGT Pepper
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes You Can't Make it Own Your Own - Snippet, Dirty Old Town
9. Love and Peace or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Bullet in the Blue Sky Snippet Hands That Built America and Johnny Comes Marching Home
12. Miss Sarajevo

Human Rights Video

13. Pride (In the Name of Love)
14. Where the Streets Have No Name
15. One - Daniel Lanois playing the Irish Falcon - Old Man River Snippet Eddie Vedder on Stage!!

16. Discotheque
17. The Fly
18. With or Without You

19. All Because of You
20. Fast Cars
21. Yahweh
22. 40

Seems like a good show! :up:

Wowsa...Eddie Vedder? That's just amazing...really. Was he singing? Seems like an incredible show...*patiently awaits u2 roadie application approval*:wink:

I would seriously go to great lengths to see the band again. They were amazing this week in Toronto.

Pretty boring and weak FOR A FOURTH NIGHT SET. U2 normally shake up the fourth night set but this set can take its place with ZooTV Wembley IV as pretty standard for the tour.

Discotheque is nice, but I'll take U2's definitive live song (Bad) over it any day. And The Ocean is a weak excuse for a song.

Axver said:
Pretty boring and weak FOR A FOURTH NIGHT SET. U2 normally shake up the fourth night set but this set can take its place with ZooTV Wembley IV as pretty standard for the tour.

Discotheque is nice, but I'll take U2's definitive live song (Bad) over it any day. And The Ocean is a weak excuse for a song.

Bad has been played a gazillion times. Don't you ever get the slighteset bit bored of it?

And The Ocean is :drool:-worthy plain and simple, I don't care how short it is.

AND BOOM-CHA!

Best set of the four Toronto shows.

Oh, and if U2 have a definitive live song, it's Streets.

Hi guys, I am back from the show!

I see you guys got the set-list, but I can provide some details if needed.

namkcuR said:

Bad has been played a gazillion times. Don't you ever get the slighteset bit bored of it?

AND BOOM-CHA!

Best set of the four Toronto shows.

Oh, and if U2 have a definitive live song, it's Streets.

Bored of BAD!!! I can't believe anyone could get bored of BAD live......hmmm

The set-list was very similar from last night, but the show had a totally different feel to it. And one of the reasons might be that some people were filming.

Discotheque was TOTALLY different from either Elevation or PopMart (at least how I remember it...).

The encore started with new graphics on the screens, and then there was the PopMusic intro (!). We were going bonkers on the floor. Bono walked around the ellipse to PopMusic, then they started Discotheque.

It sounded a bit like a dance mix (but in a good way), it really gave the show a whole dance club feeling. Until lovey-dovey stuff, it was kind of a dance beat with bass and mimimum guitar (kind of spacey). Then the usual riff, but then for the part where it's usually just the guitars and woohoos, it sort of changed beat, and felt like a slower song.

Hard to explain, but it was AWESOME. Especially given it was the first time they played it. All the visuals were new as well. That explains why it took a while for them to put it in the show, it was a whole new thing, not just an added song in the set-list.

That show was awesome! We kind of heard them rehearse Discotheque in the afternoon with a new light sequence...and sure enough they played it, but a version NEVER heard before...they introduced it with POPMUSIK, and the POP art from Popmart...very cool indeed...4th show was the best yet in Toronto...seemed like they didn't want to stop playing...I have screen shots from PopMusik, where they had pop art on the screens...will upload them tmw...

angelordevil said:
Did Eddie Vedder join the band on stage?

Yes he did. First they played One and Daniel Lanois joined again, then Lanois stayed on stage and out came Eddie Vedder! And Bono and Eddie sang Old Man River (with Edge and Lanois on guitar)It was way longer than usual and you could almost count as an actual song IMO.

oceane said:
The encore started with new graphics on the screens, and then there was the PopMusic intro (!). We were going bonkers on the floor. Bono walked around the ellipse to PopMusic, then they started Discotheque.
They did the "Pop Muzik" intro? Woah.

So, when they do "See Me, Feel Me" in "The Electric Co.", do they slow the music down, do the snippet, then build back up again, like the Who does on Tommy?

typhoon said:

They did the "Pop Muzik" intro? Woah.

So, when they do "See Me, Feel Me" in "The Electric Co.", do they slow the music down, do the snippet, then build back up again, like the Who does on Tommy?

No, it's with full guitar and Bono screaming "See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Heal Me" at the tip of the ellipse looking at all sections of the arena. It's really great.

oceane said:

Yes he did. First they played One and Daniel Lanois joined again, then Lanois stayed on stage and out came Eddie Vedder! And Bono and Eddie sang Old Man River (with Edge and Lanois on guitar)It was way longer than usual and you could almost count as an actual song IMO.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

can't wait for a recording....Pearl Jam are coming to St. John's in a few weeks....somehow I doubt we'll be seeing Bono up there on stage with Pearl Jam....but maybe we'll get a u2 story or two.

OMFG Amazing show!!!!

I will post some pics later today AMAZING, The pop intro was amazing, the radio dial and then the Pop images!!

Palace_Hero said:
Boom cha's?

No Boom cha's:wink: But really, it was a completely re-arranged version of Discotheque. Before hearing I thought I would be happy to hear that song mostly because it would be something new on this tour (and from Pop), but I liked this live version better than any others I have heard. Although I must say it might not please everyone. Maybe some people won't like it actually, but I certainly did.

RicoT.O said:
OMFG Amazing show!!!!

I will post some pics later today AMAZING, The pop intro was amazing, the radio dial and then the Pop images!!

Yeah, I forgot to say, it was an AWESOME show! Maybe *slightly* less amazing than last night, but only because last night was just crazy and Bono was as goofy as he gets.

I mean, I had also hoped for more changes in the set-list given it was a fourth night, but there could be a million reasons for that.

By the way Axver, I don"t think the snippets are complete on the set-list you have.

namkcuR said:

Streets has been played more times, aren't you tired of it? One's only been played 5 times less, aren't you tired of it? I'm sure you aren't. Some of the old regulars, I'm tired of - Pride mainly - but something like Bad is so classic. And it hasn't even been played at every show since the Joshua Tree Tour! It's nowhere near an old regular like Streets or One. You aren't guaranteed to hear Bad at a U2 show and I think that's helped to make it quite special.

As far as U2's definitive songs go in my opinion:
Studio: Streets
Live: Bad
Individual performance: One Tree Hill

I don't disagree with you there. I think it's just weak to cut something that's, say, 5 minutes and replace it with The Ocean.

Back
Top Bottom