Toronto III Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Oceane...:) sounds good enough for me...now lets hope someone taped it...so i can get a good live version of Fast Cars...my Ipod would love it :wink:

More details about the band playing:

I was outside the ellipse, right to the left of center on the rail. It was the most awesome spot ever (which might have helped me enjoy the show so much).

The four guys next to me on the railing had a sign that said the name of their band (Menew), and "Our Band + One Song= Happy Crowd"

more to come...

Blue Room said:

:eyebrow: Are you not familiar with U2's past tours? This has happened on just about every single one at some point including this one.

Really? While I haven't sat in on many setlist parties in the past, the ones I've seen haven't had much in the way of fans playing on stage. I mean, early tours that I've seen the boots of have had a few, but not much recently. Though, I'll admit I didn't pay much attention to setlists from earlier on this tour, so if Climhazzard says it happened earlier on Vertigo I'll believe it I s'pose.

I asked them what they wanted to play, they said "Not sure, maybe Out of Control"

Then after the phone call to BB, the band was on the tip of the ellipse ready to play Yahweh, and Bono came up to the guy next to me and asked "What do you guys want to play"

So Monday's setlist blew our doors. Then Wednesday was a "dissapointment", and when the band returns to someting similar (YET with OOC) to what they played in Monday, we say that a setlist that Holy Joe Doe posted on UseNet was better?

Next time we'll whine because they didn't play Lady with the spinning head or Alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk-korovam:drool:

Originally posted by Climhazzard
fans playing does fit with the early part of the tour

If by early part of the tour , you mean Elevation.

.... did they bring some fools up for i still havent found... somewhere first leg?

Climhazzard said:
Originally posted by Climhazzard
fans playing does fit with the early part of the tour

If by early part of the tour , you mean Elevation.

.... did they bring some fools up for i still havent found... somewhere first leg?

Yeah, they did. I just mean they've been doing that since last tour. That;s all. :)

The guys were not too sure, plus they were missing their Bass player because he had gone to the bathroom:wink: Bono made fun of this by saying he should be careful not to do a mess...

So they said Out of Control. Bono said ok, made a sign he would be coming back. Then they went on to play Yahweh.

Utoo said:

Really? While I haven't sat in on many setlist parties in the past, the ones I've seen haven't had much in the way of fans playing on stage. I mean, early tours that I've seen the boots of have had a few, but not much recently. Though, I'll admit I didn't pay much attention to setlists from earlier on this tour, so if Climhazzard says it happened earlier on Vertigo I'll believe it I s'pose.

A poster from this board Stories For Boys, got pulled up at Chicago 2 and Chicago 3 on the first leg and played Party Girl with just Bono the first time and the whole band the second. I think something similiar may have happened in Europe also this summer, but I dont remember that for sure.

Lila64 said:
So is this correct (from your posts Oceane):

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co.
The Ocean
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love & Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One (w/Daniel Lanois)
The Fly
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
Fast Cars
Phone call to BB King - sang him Happy Birthday
Yahweh
Out Of Control (with 4 fans playing, band took over at end)

I prefer LAPO opening, COBL is too slow. Sill it's cool that they are changing it a bit. Phone call to B.B. King? That must have been awesome! I'm very glad they played Fast Cars I hope it stays on the set list. No Zoo Station again? :sad:

3rd nite in a city and no new songs. Nothing new really. Bad omen. The rest of the tour looks like it will be the same songs they've already played in these 3 dates. How very lazy.

Yes, thank you Oceane! You have a new family of best buddies :wink:

c011.gif

Blue Room said:

A poster from this board Stories For Boys, got pulled up at Chicago 2 and Chicago 3 on the first leg and played Party Girl with just Bono the first time and the whole band the second. I think something similiar may have happened in Europe also this summer, but I dont remember that for sure.

Cool. Now I wish I could play better...:wink:

After Yawheh, Larry and Adam were going back to the main stage, and Bono said "Wait a minute Larry, there is a band who wants to play here" or something like that.

He came back to talk to the band, and the lead guitar player (guy next to me) said the bass needed to be tuned in E. Bono made more jokes (was in a REALLY playful mood) and told the guys to come up.

So they all walked back to the main stage together, while Bono was saying "Last time I did this, I promised myself I would never do it again!"

So the four guys took the instruments. One guy on the keyboards, one on guitar and vocals, one on bass, and one on drums. Edge stayed too with his guitar to help them
Larry and Adam were off the stage.

Back
Top Bottom