Toronto I Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - FIRST PARTY OF THE THIRD LEG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2.com can't even put the 'What I'm Looking For' to complete out 'I Still Haven't Found'. It's pathetic that they're so inept over there. Where's Larry to straighten them up?

Axver said:

Thanks! :) Old Man River - where was that, after One like U2.com said, or were they wrong again? Can you recall what Electric Co. had? I absolutely loved Bullet With Butterfly Wings / I Can See For Miles.

I think Electric Co had The Who's "See Me Feel Me" as a snippet.

anitram said:

Haha, for 5 more minutes, sure.

All the setlist information you can remember? :drool:

No, seriously, did the crowd get into the 40 chant at the end?

biff said:

I think Electric Co had The Who's "See Me Feel Me" as a snippet.

So it would be The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings / See Me, Feel Me?

Did they do The Cry?

Axver said:

No, seriously, did the crowd get into the 40 chant at the end?

Oh, absolutely!

There was also a chant of "we love you" early on which stopped Bono in mid-speech and was kind of nice.

timothius said:

At any point did you dance, boogie or shake-your-bootie? If so, when? If not, why not? :hmm:

Oh, I had a fabulous time doing all three. I was right in the front, constricted space in terms of dancing, but we boogied. And then some. :wink:

anitram said:

Oh, absolutely!

There was also a chant of "we love you" early on which stopped Bono in mid-speech and was kind of nice.

Awesome! Go Toronto! :up:

Bono at a couple of points seemed really overwhelmed by the crowd, which was VERY enthusiastic (putting it mildly). He said "Wow" several times, in a heartfelt way.

Bono also gave a nice speech about Leonard Cohen and dedicated 40 to him, I believe.

Also, a couple of fans gave out about 150 FREE t-shirts which said "ONE" and some variant of "Make Poverty History" so most of the front row and the rail people had identical shirts on, which was cool to see.

anitram said:

Oh, I had a fabulous time doing all three. I was right in the front, constricted space in terms of dancing, but we boogied. And then some. :wink:

Wicked.

If you don't dance at concerts you are not living. Did Bono bring up lady friends on stage? If so, was it you? If not, are you dissapointed? What can you do to rectify this for next time? What pointers would give to parents wanting to train their 5 year old daughters so that one day they may dance with Bono?

Concert attendees: the couple of verses of Old Man River, did they come after One like U2.com says?

biff said:
Bono at a couple of points seemed really overwhelmed by the crowd, which was VERY enthusiastic (putting it mildly). He said "Wow" several times, in a heartfelt way.

Yes! The end of Streets was amazing. I think that was one where he really seemed quite pleasantly surprised at the response.

We were damn loud. :happy:

Thanks for the pics!

How was the merchandise booth? Same stuff as the first leg, or did they add in a new design or two?

timothius said:

If you don't dance at concerts you are not living. Did Bono bring up lady friends on stage? If so, was it you? If not, are you dissapointed? What can you do to rectify this for next time? What pointers would give to parents wanting to train their 5 year old daughters so that one day they may dance with Bono?

He did pull a girl up.

No, I was not jealous because she was at the tip somewhere and I was in the front row so I felt that I got the better end of the deal. :wink:

anitram said:

He did pull a girl up.

No, I was not jealous because she was at the tip somewhere and I was in the front row so I felt that I got the better end of the deal. :wink:

Cool. :up:

Thank you for answering. :)

:cheer:

england.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom