Toronto Band Rehearsals(Private) Sept. 9/10/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
Bono on Elevation tour: black jacket with red stars and blue shades, looses the shades after first three songs.

Bono on Vertigo tour: jacket with red sleeves, changes clothes during Zoo TV set. Wears red/green shades, occasionally a cowboy hat. Wears the shades longer during the show. Longer haircut.

The only one that really hasn't changed that much is Edge.

Nice try though, of course you skipped Adam without glasses and silver hair.

Mom to U2Girl: "Honey, what do you want to do when you grow up?"

U2Girl to Mom: "I want to tirelessly defend people who don't know that I exist."

:yawn:

KUEFC09U2 said:
and how many first and second leg shows did you attend?

Why are people only asked this question when they are being negative. No-one's ever asked me how many Lovetown shows I went to ...

(The figure being a big, fat, gigantic ZERO.)

Dalton said:
For Fuck Sake:

Would you all please stop bashing U2? You're making baby Jesus and KUEFC09U2 cry.

for shame
hmm but its fine for people to make the same bitchy comments time after time. so why isnt it ok to defend them time after time?

KUEFC09U2 said:
hmm but its fine for people to make the same bitchy comments time after time. so why isnt it ok to defend them time after time?

Mostly because I think you are an idiot.

(whoops my bad i meant to put a big :wink: there. KUEF - I don't think you're an idiot - but don't tell anyon. It makes the thread more exciting if people think there is REAL drama:drool: )

Last edited:
Still arguing, I see. :wink: Maybe some pictures will ease the tension...Bono and The Edge came out to chat to those of us who were standing outside the ACC. Just having the opportunity to have these guys walk directly in front of me has elated me so much that they could play Vertigo a billion times and I wouldn't care.

the_edge4.jpg

bono4.jpg

bono5.jpg

Only an hour and fourty minutes to go!!!

GibsonGirl said:
Still arguing, I see. :wink: Maybe some pictures will ease the tension...Bono and The Edge came out to chat to those of us who were standing outside the ACC. Just having the opportunity to have these guys walk directly in front of me has elated me so much that they could play Vertigo a billion times and I wouldn't care.

the_edge4.jpg

bono4.jpg

Only an hour and fourty minutes to go!!!

:hyper: Congratulations! :up:

Was Souly there? I'm not sure if you know her.

kellyahern said:

:hyper: Congratulations! :up:

Was Souly there? I'm not sure if you know her.

Thanks! I got my picture taken with The Edge as well, but you can only see a tiny bit of his face. Apparently, I can't operate a camera when I'm standing next to my favourite guitarist. As for Souly, I didn't see her there! I did call her up on her cell, though, immediately afterwards and left her a message. I don't even want to know how incoherent I must have sounded. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

Thanks! I got my picture taken with The Edge as well, but you can only see a tiny bit of his face. Apparently, I can't operate a camera when I'm standing next to my favourite guitarist. As for Souly, I didn't see her there! I did call her up on her cell, though, immediately afterwards and left her a message. I don't even want to know how incoherent I must have sounded. :wink:

VERY cool!

U2@NYC said:
So as to make it a fair pre-setlist party...

U2 SUX. THE SETLIST IS CRAPOHLAH...

I HAIT U3!!!@1!!!!11121231421!@#!@#!#!@$#!@%!@#%!%$!

U2Man said:

Things did turn out rather nasty in here...:hmm:

I know, I was browsing backwards and noticed that we have already started arguing... even though the third leg has not even started yet... :shrug:

box-punch.jpg

GibsonGirl said:

Aww, that's okay :). Congratulations again! :hyper:

I hope Souly gets a chance sometime this week. It's her first week of college too (talk about a busy week :yikes: ).

beau2ifulday said:
GibsonGirl, i'm so pleased for you! I can imagine how great it must have been for you to finally meet Edge and Bono :applaud:

Thanks! I'm still slightly shocked...I've never seen U2 live before, and the closest I've ever been to any band member has been through a television set. I didn't actually think I was going to ever see them up that close in all my life. Speaking to The Edge is something that will certainly remain near the number one position of the best things that have ever happened to me. It sure beats sitting in a stuffy lecture hall, in any case! :happy:

It's almost time now... :hyper: Should have stayed there for the soundcheck..but it was so damn hot outside. I don't know how The Edge manages to walk around in that bloody leather jacket all the time, heh.

That's awesome, GibsonGirl... A major congrats! Where were you and what time did they come out?

GibsonGirl said:

Thanks! I'm still slightly shocked...I've never seen U2 live before, and the closest I've ever been to any band member has been through a television set. I didn't actually think I was going to ever see them up that close in all my life. Speaking to The Edge is something that will certainly remain near the number one position of the best things that have ever happened to me. It sure beats sitting in a stuffy lecture hall, in any case! :happy:

:hug:

I remember that feeling in San Diego. Edge walked through the gate towards the line, and inside I'm going, "OMG, OMG, there he is! :hyper:."

:lol:

Have fun tonight! :wave:

p.s. Loved the second picture of Bono :drool:.

kellyahern said:

I hope Souly gets a chance sometime this week. It's her first week of college too (talk about a busy week :yikes: ).

I just called her cell, but she's not answering. I hope she makes it back from school in time. Her college is out of town.

I'm about to head out myself for the ACC, and it looks like I have an extra ticket, unexpectedly. I wonder if I dare try to unload it. It would be just my luck I'd get caught!

biff said:

I just called her cell, but she's not answering. I hope she makes it back from school in time. Her college is out of town.

I'm about to head out myself for the ACC, and it looks like I have an extra ticket, unexpectedly. I wonder if I dare try to unload it. It would be just my luck I'd get caught!

I'm sure she'll be okay :). If you see her, tell her I said "hi" :wave:.

Isn't it legal if you sell it for face value?

Is it? Then maybe I will, but only to someone who looks nice. I'll have to be sitting beside them all night, after all.

Back
Top Bottom