To the Europeans that bought tickets:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
The presale Stateside starts in less than three hours (I'm buying mine in four).

Obviously, we all want to buy tickets.

To those Europeans who already bought or attempted to buy tickets at 10 GMT: what is your advice for ensuring that we can get our tickets?

Thanks.

maybe start praying to god now.....sacrafice a few sheep aswell....maybe even a cow....its can only help....

u may wanna put a lottery ticket on aswell as youll have more chance with!

From past experience the US pre-sales are usually better with Ticketmaster. Maybe they're just better prepared.

Edited to say: some peopel seemed to be stuck at the Ticketmaster logo for ages and ages. But when they went back and started again, they got through first time. And Firefox worked for me, seemed faster than IE.

Last edited:
knox said:
The presale Stateside starts in less than three hours (I'm buying mine in four).

Obviously, we all want to buy tickets.

To those Europeans who already bought or attempted to buy tickets at 10 GMT: what is your advice for ensuring that we can get our tickets?

Thanks.
HAHAHAHA! My advice, my friend, is not to get your hopes up.
First, the link will accept your code...it will then take you to a ticketmaster screen stating "too busy, please wait, this page refreshes every 10 seconds automatically".

Then after about half an hour or so in the queue, it will say "you have come here from the wrong link - please return to..." (url).
When you follow that url it will tell you the concerts don't exist.

When you try and log in again to use your code, it will tell you either:

U2// VERTIGO// 2005 Tour
Your access code has not been accepted.

The code you submitted is either not a valid code, or has already been used. Please reselect the show of your choice from the list below and check that you have entered your case sensitive access code correctly. If you continue to experience a problem with your access code, please email Gateway Help clearly specifying your access code, your name and the exact nature of your problem in order that we can handle your enquiry efficiently.

or:
Sorry, the page cannot be found.

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

To search for your event use the text search.
If you are unsuccessful in your search try the options below.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the Homepage, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Then you will have to email ticketmaster - except they won't respond, of course.

Good luck - you'll nedd it. I STILL haven't gottickets and I've been trying for 3 hours now.

DO NOT LEAVE THE TICKETMASTER SITE AT ANY COST!!!

as i'm sure you've gathered, once your code goes in, thats it (it can be reset but sounds like an effort) so if you leave the site you wont be able to get back in unless you reset your code. use back and refresh A LOT
if it gives you an error, press back, if it times out (you only have 5 minutes), press back 3 or 4 times to the start and press refresh (dont just start again as it will tell you you've timed out gain anyway even if you do it in 3 seconds!)

if you get the waiting page, dont believe the 10 second refresh junk it offers you, refresh it yourself - it'll either give you the same page in which case refresh again (you may have to do that quitea few times), it might give you an error, in which case press back (you'll either get straight in or get the waiting page again where you once again use refresh) or you might go straight to the ticket page in which case YOU'RE IN!!

once you get the ticket page, take your time. the reason ticketmaster has a time out service is once you're on the ticket page you're in and there will be tickets held for you while you complete the transaction. if it takes longer than 5 minutes to do they re-release the tickets back into the stream which is why you time out. so take your time doing it - dont be longer than 5 minutes obviously but don't rush and panic either - the problems you'll get from putting a wrong card number in or address or something because you were rushing, are not worth the panic.

remember BACK AND REFRESH ARE YOUR FRIENDS!!

well they were mine anyway, hope it works out for you guys over the pond

Last edited:
well for me it didnt work for two hours or so. So i refreshed manually. Then i got all kinds of scary messages like not found try again and stuff. When i hit the back button all of a sudden i was in.

If i waited for the tm site to refresh im sure i would still be waiting

Also you have to enter your code right at the beginning. If the site fail or something else goes wrong some people couldnt get back in (their code became invalid)
Some solution to that were deleting the cookies and start agian, C/p the code instead of entering yourself, keep trying sometimes it worked out by itself later on and if all else fails you could sent an email to gateway but not many people have good experience with that

Anyway the very best of luck to you al and may all the basterds that try to sell the tix on ebay for way more money die or something

digsy said:
DO NOT LEAVE THE TICKETMASTER SITE AT ANY COST!!!

as i'm sure you've gathered, once your code goes in, thats it (it can be reset but sounds like an effort) so if you leave the site you wont be able to get back in unless you reset your code. use back and refresh A LOT
if it gives you an error, press back, if it times out (you only have 5 minutes), press back 3 or 4 times to the start and press refresh (dont just start again as it will tell you you've timed out gain anyway even if you do it in 3 seconds!)

if you get the waiting page, dont believe the 10 second refresh junk it offers you, refresh it yourself - it'll either give you the same page in which case refresh again (you may have to do that quitea few times), it might give you an error, in which case press back (you'll either get straight in or get the waiting page again where you once again use refresh) or you might go straight to the ticket page in which case YOU'RE IN!!

once you get the ticket page, take your time. the reason ticketmaster has a time out service is once you're on the ticket page you're in and there will be tickets held for you while you complete the transaction. if it takes longer than 5 minutes to do they re-release the tickets back into the stream which is why you time out. so take your time doing it - dont be longer than 5 minutes obviously but don't rush and panic either - the problems you'll get from putting a wrong card number in or address or something because you were rushing, are not worth the panic.

remember BACK AND REFRESH ARE YOUR FRIENDS!!

well they were mine anyway, hope it works out for you guys over the pond

i agree totally with the comment of our friends refresh and back LOL

starsgoblue said:
This is what I have gleaned from what happened across the pond, if anyone thinks I'm wrong correct me:

DO NOT leave the Ticketmaster site once you get there, no matter what.

If fails (after doing your intial TM thing) ---> press the back button to the first page of TM and press refresh (if it fails again, press back again)

If you get a waiting window--->refresh
--if you then get a ticket screen: you're in
--if you get a waiting screen: keep pressing refresh, don't let it time you out
--if you get an error screen: press back and it will either let you in OR back to the waiting screen, where, yup you guessed it, press REFRESH

Most important: DONT LEAVE TM ONCE YOU GET IN--EVER!

well said stars :wink:

dont say that - if ti doesnt work they'll end up hating me :eek:

zooholland said:
well for me it didnt work for two hours or so. So i refreshed manually. Then i got all kinds of scary messages like not found try again and stuff. When i hit the back button all of a sudden i was in.

If i waited for the tm site to refresh im sure i would still be waiting

exactly the same as what happened for me

At first, I was in the queue, then it finally clicked through to a page that said the url I had followed did not exist. So I clicked on a link they gave and it took me to the ticketmaster homepage. So I closed that down and re-opened from the emailed link. I was in a queue for about an hour, panicking cos I thought my code would have been lost. I got impatient and clicked refresh, which gave me a scary exception code. So I clicked back, and it took me straight through.

It was hell on a very big stick.

hell I tell you

:crack:

The only difference I see though is that the code thing is being handled totally differently in the US ticketmaster site. For whatever reason in Europe they had to enter this code prior to getting to ticketmaster but in the US the presale code thing is after.

If you notice when you press the link for the ticketing for Europe from the email and then press your venue it is at that point you have to enter your code, in the US option you first go to Ticketmaster.

I think that's why there was that special verbage (warning) on the European link about being sure you picked the right option for the show before entering the code.

Either way, I think we're going to go through the same nightmare.:crazy:

Thanks to everyone who's replied to this thread... I appreciate it, and I'm sure the rest of us do as well.

General internet ticket advice

Clear all cookies and temporary internet files before trying to buy

Close all other programs (you don't want anything else mucking it up)

Stay calm, try and be ready just before the commencement time (generally these sites open a little early to avoid a major crush at the stated opening time)

Don't leave the ticketmaster page

Have all your details ready, you only have 5 minutes to complete the transaction in most cases (with server lag this can be tight)

For this sale, know the different terminology for tickets. General Admission (may be called unreserved)

Be very clear on which concert you want to attend.

Stay calm, and good luck

I didn't have as much toruble with them as some. I couldn't get onto the email link for an hour as there was just too much traffic. When I did enter my code a message said there was a queue and the page would refresh every 10 seconds - which it did.

I had 2 scary moments when it said I'd run out of time and to click back when you couldn't as it had opened a new window, so I started again.

It also only gives you 5 minutes to complete the transaction, and it said I'd run out of time, so I had to click on back and do it again. I think the key is to click back if possible and not to close any pages.

Only after 3 hours of desperate trying I found out that it wasn't just U2.com that wasn't working, but the ticketmaster screen didn't come up after clicking u2.com/ticketing/europe

Then I looked for a while and found the link to ticketmaster, entered my code and got the site not available. After refreshing I got trough and managed to buy 4 Twickenham standing tickets for £ 246.95 incl. charges!!! What a disgrace!!! Anyone knows whether we'll get them mailed soon, or just before the show as ticketmaster says on the confirmation?

can you go straight to the ticketmaster main page?? or do you have to go through u2.com

Keep trying.

I had problems with the url not being recognised and the code being refused, just like some of those who posted above,but I did manage to get through eventually after about an hour.

I emailed the link to report my code was being refused and just kept trying every few minutes until they accepted it. I was trying for tickets for the Manchester (UK) gig, but the ones trying for London seemed to have to wait longer (more popular venue perhaps).

Good lord, it was stressful.

But I have tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom