To Get GA: choose "Best Available"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaman

Babyface
I see alot of people had trouble getting GA. I was in at 10am on the dot and couldn't get floor for any nj shows when i selected the 49.50 option. On the fourth try, I was able to get general admission floor, at 10:06 no less. The key is to select "best available" from the drop down menu. Two friends of mine also used this method and were able to score floor seats for jersey even later, around 10 minutes after the hour. The seats are there, they just do not display properly. I wanted to post this in the hopes that some west coasters aren't screwed by a faulty ticket display system.

One question.........U2Log said it's best to go through Ticketmaster directly which makes sense........I shoudl do that right rather than go through U2.com? It seems that going through U2.com has like three other steps and then would lead to the same place.....

becky, what show, and around what time was that?

I'm tryiing to sort out the rhyme & reason of this ridiculous system.

I've now spoken to 4 people that couldn't get ga to show without selecting best available, and others that were completely
shut out

Shaman said:
becky, what show, and around what time was that?

I'm tryiing to sort out the rhyme & reason of this ridiculous system.

I've now spoken to 4 people that couldn't get ga to show without selecting best available, and others that were completely
shut out

Chicago, May 7th. I tried for GA right away, within ten seconds or so of the sale starting, and was told they were gone. So then I did Best Available. After fifteen minutes of error messages, I got through and was offered the nosebleed seats.

miss becky said:

Chicago, May 7th. I tried for GA right away, within ten seconds or so of the sale starting, and was told they were gone. So then I did Best Available. After fifteen minutes of error messages, I got through and was offered the nosebleed seats.

My brother and I both went for GA on Chicago 5/9. He literally hit "search for tickets" 5-7 seconds before me, and he got them. I didn't.

I was able to pull up Chicago May 9th GA, submitted my billing information, and then Ticketmaster got an internal server error. Now my code doesn't work, since I already "used" it to purchase tickets. ARRGH! I've e-mailed U2.com.

I literally tried every possible search for GA for Philly - got crap at the other end of the building.

just a craptacular system all around.
From what i've gathered, if you can get in within the first 7 minutes or so, there will be floor available. However they will not display without selecting best available, and even then you are at the mercy of ticketbastards awful software and hopelessly trafficked servers.

Ticket Limit
There is a 2 ticket limit per U2.com Fan Club Member during the presale.

Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card.

This was at Ticketmaster.com. So the question is: If I buy two GA tickets in the presale, can I buy two more in the general sale or will it not let me because I already bought two...? :(

What a rush that was! I thought my heart was going to explode... Wait time started at 4 minutes... 3 minutes... 2 minutes... 3 minutes... 4 minutes... 3 minutes... 2 minutes... 1 minute... less than 1 minute... BANG! I got 2 GA $49.50 tickets for Chicago (May 9th).

Oh wait, nevermind... They are nosebleeds... I'm in Section 306 row 7. :sad:

Oh well... at least I'm guaranteed to be in the building and I didn't have to sell any of the kids to pay for it. It's a good day!

pride, buy with a different card/method and you can do whatever you want.

avivacat said:
I was able to pull up Chicago May 9th GA, submitted my billing information, and then Ticketmaster got an internal server error. Now my code doesn't work, since I already "used" it to purchase tickets. ARRGH! I've e-mailed U2.com.

U2.com will do nothing Avivacat. Contact Ticketmaster directly as they can help. Your situation is the same as hundreds in the UK today... Once Ticketmaster don't let you in, then you won't be able to use the code again as you are back at U2.com and they think you have already authenticated with the code, this is why to them it is invalid! Sounds complicated but Tickemaster US should be up to speed with this by now, mind you I say should!!

Should we select a price when option for best available or just best available and that`s it?? Thanks!!! Please hurry - 10 mins left! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom