TM out of tickets for unlucky pre-sale people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
I just called TM to give them my sob story for the pre-sale. I was transfered to someone in Customer Service and he took my information down and told me he would get back to me.

He called me back and said he talked with his supervisor and bossman said that all tickets that were available for the unfortunate pre-sale members were already accounted for and handed out, and they had no more extras to sell.

*remains silent for his anger*

you can buy Seattle/Vancouver/Denver/Phoenix right now with your code, and then trade someone for wherever you really want to go. They still had tickets a few hrs ago.

careful i bought denver tix to try and do this. nobody wants to trade AND it really pisses off the people that live in denver...

i'll be booking my flight soon i guess!! :)

really, if no one wants to trade, I'd just go to it too, Denver's wonderful, and airfares are good.

Sorry you didn't get your complaint addressed. U2.com recognized the problem and took real, concrete steps to rectify the situation. It wasn't instantaneous, but it happened.

What has u2.com really done? I got through on the pre-sale and got seats on the top tier in the Back of the STADIUM. That was their offer for "the best available seats for our members" uh..huh...right. I've e-mailed them three times, and I've received no response. AND, I haven't even received my FUCKING KEY CHAIN.

Zana, I understand your frustration. I believe what nbcrusader was referring to was how U2.com put Ticketmaster in touch with members who were unable to use their pre-sale codes to buy tickets. I was contacted by Ticketmaster after I complained to U2.com that the lowers I was about to buy were put back up for sale due to an internal system error. They offered me two GAs to the show I had tried to purchase the lowers for. I see their actions as real, concrete steps to remedy the situation. I understand that some people are burnt because they too got screwed over, and never heard from Ticketmaster. Maybe I just got lucky; I'm not sure. But I have to say, others' anguish notwithstanding, I was pretty impressed that somebody from Ticketmaster actually called me and offered me prime tickets to a sold out show. It really did help to make up for how pissed I was after getting screwed during the presale.

As for your keychain, when did you take out your membership? It took about five or six weeks for me to get mine.

partygirl33 said:
careful i bought denver tix to try and do this. nobody wants to trade AND it really pisses off the people that live in denver...

i'll be booking my flight soon i guess!! :)

I just booked my flight to Denver from Boston last night. My husband and I decided to make a whole vacation out of it. So, maybe we'll see you there! Now, if we can just get tix for the 2nd show.

This post is wrong. A friend of mine got the call THIS MORNING and got GA's for Philly.

If you didnt get that email from Ticketmaster you are probably S.O.L, they have a specific list of people they are contacting.

I wish we could throw all the touts to hell and only have blue crack in the buildings.

Last edited:
Dear Westport,

Thank you for contacting us regarding U2. Currently, there are no seats remaining for this event, however, from time to time, a limited number of seats may be released back into
the system for various reasons. We recommend that you check the site often, particularly as the event date nears, to see if extra tickets become available.

If you have any further questions, please reply and include all previous correspondence.

Sincerely,
John (Customer Support)

TRACKING NUMBER: A00002948523-0001336

-------------
I think it's great how some people were able to get tickets and get a special call from Ticketmaster but there are A LOT, A LOT, A LOT, A LOT, A LOT, A LOT --- A WHOLE LONG, UNHAPPY, PISSED OFF LOT of us that didn't and you know what? We have every right in the world to bitch, complain, and be angry at U2....WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DOESN'T HAVE A BRAIN IN HIS/HER HEAD. I don't get the way that some of us were chosen and some of us were not. Here is the latest computerized form letter I got (and it came from Ticketmaster) - it is the only direct correspondence that I have gotten from anywhere with regards to this situation. The band screwed this up... All roads lead to the band. Here's how ticketmaster (the band) is representing them(selves). You know...I paid my $40.00 to get "Priority Seating", if tickets become available, don't you think that they would be obligated to contact ME? Like I don't have better things with my time to log on to Ticketmaster to constantly check to see if they've released bloody nosebleds. You know what, pick up the frikkin' phone and call me. The whole thing is a crack of crap.

:mad:

Miss You Sugar said:
Zana, I understand your frustration. I believe what nbcrusader was referring to was how U2.com put Ticketmaster in touch with members who were unable to use their pre-sale codes to buy tickets. I was contacted by Ticketmaster after I complained to U2.com that the lowers I was about to buy were put back up for sale due to an internal system error. They offered me two GAs to the show I had tried to purchase the lowers for. I see their actions as real, concrete steps to remedy the situation. I understand that some people are burnt because they too got screwed over, and never heard from Ticketmaster. Maybe I just got lucky; I'm not sure. But I have to say, others' anguish notwithstanding, I was pretty impressed that somebody from Ticketmaster actually called me and offered me prime tickets to a sold out show. It really did help to make up for how pissed I was after getting screwed during the presale.

As for your keychain, when did you take out your membership? It took about five or six weeks for me to get mine.

Have to agree with this somewhat. I bitched and complained about my pre-sale tix for the second E. Rutherford show when TM changed the seating chart around. I was expecting no response from them and to have to challenge it through my credit card company and the BBB. Instead, after a couple of calls, I was able to get a TM manager on the phone who gave me a 100% refund which is what I wanted. The whole situation went surprisingly well for TM.

It could be the fact that all the shows sold out that made TM change its tune. They're not worried about missing out on any "convenience charges".

Back
Top Bottom