Tix Trading Tips Wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jersey2miami

The Fly
Can you guys share some of your experience with a newbie trader?

Specifically:
1) how not to get burned!!!
2) trading by mail... OK?
3) 3-ways

(sorry if this isn't the right place to post this)

Last edited:
I've only done a few trades, so I'm not exactly a seasoned pro, but I'll give you my 2-cents.

First of all, trading is a lot safer than buying, in my opinion, since scalpers and cheats are less motivated to trade than sell.

Trading by mail is fine, just be sure to send tickets by registered mail.

I've traded ticketfast tickets, but you really need to trust each other and I wouldn't do that with someone that didn't buy the ticket direct from TM.

For me it comes down to sussing out whether you're dealing with a genuine U2 fan or not (which admittedly isn't that easy by email). Throw in a friendly comment or question about the band or tour and see how they respond. . .if your gut tells you your dealing with a fan, relax. . .U2 fans are highly honorable in my experience and eager to help each other out.

If you're not sure, or your correspondent is strictly business, you might think twice.

In any case, take your time and don't act out of desperation. If it doesn't feel right, wait for another opportunity.

Just one fan's opinion. . .

I traded my GA's for lower level seats for this past Sat. show 4/2 and I was a bit nervous at first, actually I was nervous until we actually went through the doors, but everything turned out OK. Seats were excellent, 1 row above floor next to stage, in fact we were on the aisle where all the Hollywood actors would enter/exit. Me and my girl actually bumped into Matt Damon on the way to our seats, bastard almost spilled my beer.

I've just done a bunch of trades recently and learned a lot from the last person I traded with. She'd apparently been burned before... Since I had done a couple of trades previously, she asked for email references from the people I completed trades with to confirm my reliability. She also said that since we lived far away from each other, it might be best if we had contacts somewhere near each other that we trusted to trade in person instead of doing it by snail mail. Like, she had a friend in Boston that she'd mail her tix to and then I'd meet up with that person in Boston to trade. Make sense?

And yeah, always make sure there's insurance. If you're using USPS, tracking is dumb, cos they don't show it delivered until days after when you KNOW you've already received it. Fedex shows where it is every step of the way, but you pay for that premium.

By far the easiest way to trade tickets, especially for U2, is at Craigslist. Go to craigslist-DOT-ORG-SLASH-about-SLASH-cities-DOT-html. Find the city that you live in, or the city that you're trading with, and click on "Tickets" in the middle of the page, under the "For Sale" section. Check out recent postings for trades, and if non of these suit you, then post an offer. After you submit your post, Craigslist will send you an email. Open the email, click on the link, and then click on "Publish". It's that simple.

The Craigslist community is absolutely amazing. People are very honest and trustworthy, and I've never had a bad experience. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom