Tickets: Your outcome and final view

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveone

The Fly
Just wondering how the situations evolved and resolved for people buying tickets. Ticketmaster crashed and i lost my code, and now i refuse to fork out 55 quid and booking fee costs for a gig. I'm really gonna find it difficult to let go of this, i really dispise U2 at the minute, they've made me look like a fool for defending them for not being in it for the money and not being sell-outs when clearly they are. I was sacrificing Glastonbury to go and see U2 this year (i'm a student so cant afford the luxury of both sadly) but now Glastonbury here i come (if i can get tickets at least).

I just thought this would be a good thread to air your views once you'd finished your pursuit for tickets. How did it turn out for you? Did anyone under the age of 21 and in full-time education fork out for extortionate tickets? Do people feel as stung as me about the whole situation (U2 are off my playlist for the first time ever). Is anyone suprised at all the fuss people are making? I dont know but i'm interested in peoples views. Anyway i need caffine...

[/list]

Right now I am past caring.

I have spent 3 hours now trying to get tickets since theyt advised us that tickets would be on sale from 9 when it was 10 as they originally said.

I have sent numerous emails dont expect to get a response.

The price to be honest is about waht i expedted because quite simply we get shafted over here in teh UK. Generall access over here is the equivalent of $100 in america it's $50. I wonder if the show over here will be twice as long.

Not only that but most people I know would rather see them in an arena rather than a stadium and stadium tickets should be cheaper yet we are paying double what people are paying for arena shows (with better sound quality).

And then the fact that ticket master as ever make up ridiculous fee's for there "service of screwing people over.

I have been waiting to see U2 in concert since becoming a fan 4 years ago.

Now I aint bothered either way. I am sick of wasting time over this.

I had 2 tickets by about 10.15 so am very happy.

But I'm not happy at the price or the way the code worked out.

Daveone you're not alone. I didn't see the last tour as I was away at the time, but I remember the ticket prices (about £40 for Earls' Court) being defended at the time by most of the fans. I've paid the £55 x 4 plus £40 booking fee plus £20-odd for U2.COM subscription. I'm noty a student or under 21, but a 37 years old single parent on working tax credits who's paying to take the 2nd generation of U2 fans (ie; my teenage kids) to see them.

I remember them playing 4 Zooraopa gigs at Wembley and being able to go twice! They hadn't sold enough tickets for the final gig, so they gave free entry to anyone who could provide evidence of unemployment, and it's for that kind of stuff that I've always loved them...can feel that loyalty ebbing away now though...

Last edited:
I do, I am and I did. I'm a full time student in Canada and I forked over the grand cash to go see U2 in London. I was able to do this since the 1st leg dates in the North East are so limited. I have two seats in section 111. I know this is halfway down the field at the mid level. Anyone know what quality I should expect? I paid pounds 79.25/ticket for a total of 158.50!!! In CAD, that $182.17/ticket! I sincerely hope the quality is good for that price.

I'd like to say that this whole process has been an unecessarily stressful experience from the start. It's been ambiguous and unclear and frought with risk. If anyone from fanfire ever reads this post, i want to get one simple message across to them. We are all usually very nice people, but the this process was exceptionally and unecessarily stressful, tiring and poorly organized. Your customer relations have been an absolute tragedy, taking a long time to respond to your members' urgent needs and making internet assistance impossible over the phone. After it seemed like things couldn't get worse, we were limited to 2 tix/show in NA for so few venues. This makes our $40 seem like a large tax and makes one wonder if chancing it with the GP is not a better idea. The rules were ambiguous about the pre-sale both before and after the tour announcement, which led to mass confusion and probably a lot of e-mails and phone calls to you. The discussion boards at U2.com were down for the two evenings prior to the pre-sale, making helpful info for an already problem plagued system and an exhausted clientele even more difficult to come by. One look at this and other message boards can reveal to you that this was not a good PR experience for Fanfire. Now, it seems people are having trouble purchasing the tix they want. Ticketmaster is only the agency. If I were them, I'd demand a refund + extra. I don't care who's site is responsible for the credit info. I paid YOU USD $40 and it's YOUR job to make sure ticketmaster can handle the load. You know how many memberships you billed to the UK so it shouldn't have been that difficult. If the server was a problem, I don't see how it wasn't fixed before.

Jon

Last edited:
Harper said:
They hadn't sold enough tickets for the final gig, so they gave free entry to anyone who could provide evidence of unemployment, and it's for that kind of stuff that I've always loved them...can feel that loyalty ebbing away now though...

Did they really do that???? thats fantastic...Kind of sad when you think about it now though :(

I'm luckier than most, my code worked to get Hampden standing tickets, but my mates code for our Manchester tickets didn't happen, like many others, locked out. I've emailed u2.com and ticketmaster and nothing yet, which is a fucking joke. You can't get a hold of anyone, all you get is automated replies. I appreciate ticketmaster will be in-undated with things like this, but it looks as if I'll need to battle with the public for Manchester.

As for the price, pretty step to say the least, it better be a hell of a show. I budgeted for this right enough and I don't really go to that many concerts anymore, so I'm not overly conerned about it. Mixed feelings about it all. Once the dust settles (and if I get Manchester tickets) I'll probably be fairly happy.

Not quite Rolling Stone ticket prices, but not far off.

i do have tickets. Its for the brussels european opener. I think this was quit the experience. It was a lot harder then i thought and i think u2com should have been clearer what happens if the site fails and you lose your code because of it.

My genaral opinion about u2com is not that good. It cant be that hard to answer an email once in a while but of all emails i have send i got no answer at all. It is looking a bit like if they want to trick people into buying a membership and then rob them of their tickets by making everyting not very clear or answer any questions

I understand that there are a lot more people who want to see them than the venues can handle but the working method of u2com is ...lets say doubtful (if you lost your code in the progress and dont end op with tickets its even sheer robbery in my book)

as i said ive got tix so im happy but the ones for my homecountry im gonna get oldskool style and just be at the postoffice first with my sleepingbag and can of coffee

and about the prices....I dont know how much of the fees TM or u2com are earning is going into the pockets of our irish friends but i think Bono just might be able to relief 20 of the poorest countries of their debt by himself after this LOL

anyone considered contacting Principal Management?
would they be a bit separate to this farce or not??

Now I am not a part of U2.com membership or had anything to do with Fanfire, but I will say if tickets to the shows our local concert agencies are offering (Vienna, Rome, Milan, Munich) are anything like the UK ones, I am not going. Seeing the Holland prices gives me some hope though...and the lowest US prices make me mad. Why such a gap?!?

I may consider 50 EUR but not over that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom