Tickets realeased at venue?? How offen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RiddimMaster

The Fly
Still looking for my GA ticket for the copenhagen gig.. :huh:

My question is: What are the chances of there being released tickets for the show on the day at the venue?? Is there always released a small amount on the day or just occasionally??

Don't know about about that, but you shouldn't have any probs getting tix from the touts outside the ground before the concert.

Its just about how much you wanna pay I suppose.

My advice, go to the venue early (and yes, really early). Make a sign stating that you're looking for 1 GA ticket and walk past the line. Often, there is a chance you find a fellow fan who has an extra ticket left and wants to sell it to you for a reasonable price.

At the first Amsterdam gig I saw a person with such a sign (looking for GA ticket for tonight, 15-7 & 16-7) enter the line around 7:30. When I saw his sign again somewhere in the afternoon, the tonight & 15-7 parts were already crossed out.

Besides fellow fans, I do think U2 releases tix on the day of the show at every show. But having never gone that route, I can't tell you more about it.

I'm going to the Copenhagen gig too. And U2 do usually hold back a couple of 100 tickets at every concert and put them on sale on the morning of the concert, coz they can never be sure how much space the stage will take up at each venue. So my advice is go to the stadium early on the morning of the concert and you just might get lucky! Good luck!!:wave:

The longer you leave it the cheaper you will get one. I was at the Glasgow concert and tickets had sold out instantly but a few hours before the show you could get face value tickets from touts. You shoudn't have a problem getting 1 .

thanks alot.

What time would you suggest to be there in case of tickets being released? Around 10 in the morning or even earlier??

BTW those of going to Copenhagen and are in town the night of the 29th july (date of Gothenburg). Rattle and Hum is shown in Copenhagens best cinema at midnight.. :drool:

nickypiemcg said:
The longer you leave it the cheaper you will get one. I was at the Glasgow concert and tickets had sold out instantly but a few hours before the show you could get face value tickets from touts. You shoudn't have a problem getting 1 .

that's not always the same though..i went to 2 amsterdam shows without tickets (had one for the other show), and the touts rather destroyed their tickets right in front of your eyes than selling it to you for less than their price (which was always around 130 euros). we were lucky enough to get tickets from the venue both times, those were only seats wth obstructed view right next to the stage. which was real crap, so we left those and just went to different seats, which fortunately nobody wanted :D

i know quite a few people who didn't get tickets and stayed outside the arena and listened to the show from there though.

anjarw said:

that's not always the same though..i went to 2 amsterdam shows without tickets (had one for the other show), and the touts rather destroyed their tickets right in front of your eyes than selling it to you for less than their price (which was always around 130 euros).
Scalpers here in Holland are assholes.. Instead of making a little money by selling you the tickets at a 'reduced' price 5 minutes before show time, they indeed tear the tickets apart... spoilt bitches..
Quite different in other countries where you can get tix at face value or less a few minutes before or after showtime...

I managed to get a ticket for a friend by phoning ticketmaster on the day of Twickenham 2. Managed to get a GA but I think that if you are prepared to sit your chances are even higher. There were also tickets available for Manchester 1 and 2 on the day itself.
I think your chances are good but you'll have to be up early, have the phone and internet ready to contact the ticket distributor and be in a position to get down to the venue in a hurry if you have too. It doesn't matter if it's the Superbowl or the World Cup final there will always be some floating around.

I'm coming in from Finland on the 29th so I might go and see the movie if I'm not too tired, thanks for the tip. I have the video but I've never seen it on the big screen. I would say to go the stadium by 9:00a.m. at the latest.

I went without a ticket to Amsterdam 2 and arrived around 10:00 and got a ticket for €90 in 5 minutes. Others who arrived after me also got tickets. By the afternoon however those asking for tickets had to walk the line for a lot longer. A whole lot longer. But the venue also sold some extra seated tickets. The bigwhigs at Mojo concerts came to the conclusion that some areas, completely sideways to the stage so with reduced sight, could be up for sale. This was a very last minute decision. So if the fans no longer have tickets, the touts are complete assholes, maybe your local organizer may also discover some additional seats. They'll probably be total shit seats, you'll see nothing of the big stage, if Bono or anyone of the band looks at your direction for a few seconds you are lucky, but at least you are in and you get to sing and enjoy the music which is still preferable to being outside with nothing.

anjarw said:

that's not always the same though..i went to 2 amsterdam shows without tickets (had one for the other show), and the touts rather destroyed their tickets right in front of your eyes than selling it to you for less than their price

I don't doubt you're right, but why do they do that?

Surely they'd be better off making a bit of money out of people who wanted to get in at the last minute than having a pile of tickets that are worthless..

wtonis said:
anjarw said:

that's not always the same though..i went to 2 amsterdam shows without tickets (had one for the other show), and the touts rather destroyed their tickets right in front of your eyes than selling it to you for less than their price (which was always around 130 euros).
Scalpers here in Holland are assholes.. Instead of making a little money by selling you the tickets at a 'reduced' price 5 minutes before show time, they indeed tear the tickets apart... spoilt bitches..
Quite different in other countries where you can get tix at face value or less a few minutes before or after showtime...

what are you people talking about.....7(seven) friends of mine didn;t have a ticket and got GA's or excellent seatings one hour prior to the show for 75 or 80 euro. I know there are assholes but I prefer my assholes(no comments please:wink: ) outside the stadium in stead of in the stadium(chicago, thanks again wanker I hope you burn in hell):wink:

The weather sucks today!!!

:blahblah: :blahblah:

I have no ticket for the Copenhagen show. But it sounds like i should just show up at the venue and try my luck.

:hmm: Yep i´ll do that and bring my video cam just in case :wink:

yimou said:
I have no ticket for the Copenhagen show. But it sounds like i should just show up at the venue and try my luck.

:hmm: Yep i´ll do that and bring my video cam just in case :wink:

:up: Who knows? We might meet, yimou! :rockon:

yimou said:

Cool !!!, I´ll be the blond guy looking confused :lol:

I'll be the brown-haired boy looking exactly like Bono standing with a Bernese Mountain dog at his side :) :rockon:

Last edited:
U2Man said:

I'll be the brown-haired boy looking exactly like Bono standing with a Bernese Mountain dog at his side :) :rockon:

Ask your dog if he/she wants to sell his/her ticket :wink:

yimou said:

Ask your dog if he/she wants to sell his/her ticket :wink:

She doesn't :rockon: She wants to get to the stage and play Party Girl with Bono, she knows all the verses :wink:

Crap :| That means i am right back at standing looking confused outside the venue.

yimou said:
Crap :| That means i am right back at standing looking confused outside the venue.

Actually yimou, I didn't manage to get a ticket either.....they were old sold out when it became my turn in the line :mad:, and the internet sale....let's just say it wasn't possible, agree?.....I will be trying to chase down Bono and the boys though, with a camera, a pen and my Joshua tree CD....both outside the stadium and at the D'Angle Terre....and if I can get tickets somehow, that would just be cool....:rockon:

Ellay said:

I don't doubt you're right, but why do they do that?

Surely they'd be better off making a bit of money out of people who wanted to get in at the last minute than having a pile of tickets that are worthless..

If you have trouble understanding the motivation for behavior, try these three in order: (1) money, (2) sex, and (3) love. Ninety percent of the time, you can stop after number 1 and 99.5 percent of the time you need go no further than number 3.

Here, I can confidently say that 2 and 3 are not the answer. I think the answer is money. Scalping in many cities is a waiting game, with scalpers understanding this and trying to caplitalize on creating the impression of more demand than supply to sell their inventory at inflated prices. But there are always those who are willing to wait to get face value or less near the beginning of the show, and the more people who do that, the worse it gets for scalpers, because at some point they have to admit they have more supply than demand.

I think the holland scalpers are actually behaving somewhat shrewdly, albeit reprehensibly. One way to increase demand is to destroy supply. I'm sure that if they have the discipline to destroy unsold tickets every time, they eventually are going to make more money, because it's a pretty serious game of chicken if you decide to try to wait them out. If you know that you cannot wait them out, you'll go ahead and pay their inflated prices before the show starts.

U2Man said:

Actually yimou, I didn't manage to get a ticket either.....they were old sold out when it became my turn in the line :mad:, and the internet sale....let's just say it wasn't possible, agree?.....I will be trying to chase down Bono and the boys though, with a camera, a pen and my Joshua tree CD....both outside the stadium and at the D'Angle Terre....and if I can get tickets somehow, that would just be cool....:rockon:

Tell you what !! If i see a Brown haired guy with a dog looking like the one on your avatar then i´ll try my luck and ask him if he calls himself U2Man on a crazy website :wink:

And i did the Dàngleterre thing the last time U2 where in town with no luck. Once i even did it with Metallica infront of Dàngleterre and met Depeche Mode instead. So lets hope some other cool bands are in town just incase U2 decide to slip out the backdoor.

Popmartijn said:
My advice, go to the venue early (and yes, really early). Make a sign stating that you're looking for 1 GA ticket and walk past the line. Often, there is a chance you find a fellow fan who has an extra ticket left and wants to sell it to you for a reasonable price.

This reminds me of a guy walking in around Dublin (not just in the Croke Park area) about a month ago wearing a sign "I need a GA for Saturday." :D Of course, U2 fans knew what the sign was about, but you can imagine the looks he got from non-fans. But hey, whatever it takes, right? :wink: I sure hope he was able to get a ticket.

U2Man said:

Get your dog to attack the touts and steal their tickets.

U2Man said:

I'll be the brown-haired boy looking exactly like Bono

If you look exactly like Bono then you should show up early at the venue before U2 arrive and just walk in the backdoor. And then hide in the bathroom until the concert starts. :up:

Back
Top Bottom