Tickets on sale day of at the venue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2IrishOne

The Fly
Were there any tickets that went on sale for today's show? I don't have a ticket and plan to go into the city Monday early in hopes of something opening up at the box office. Any advice someone might have as to if this was done, or if I have any chance. I desperately need a ticket. Doesnt have to be GA, just hoping something may open up. Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum, just thought it was a general question.

Thanks everyone!

Brian :)

few things.. check ticketmaster all day (singles are easiest).. i had success in may waiting online for the box office..u2 releases tickets. check ebay, sometimes you can get cheap..check craigs list, sometimes people cant go last minute, or talk to a scalper as show time gets closer, you can get for face or less.. goodluck!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
a friend of mine... pat from u2mart.com... walked up to the madison square garden box office at 8:00 last night and got a GA.

Not bad if you don't mind being on the floor in the back :wink:

very cool, thanks for all the advice guys, I plan to go down on monday, and hope for the best!

Brian

I was going to post this in the fan experience forum, but since you asked the question, I will put it here. I just returned from NYC for a fitness conference. I was speaking to one of my employees last week about one of U2's shows and we wanted to check a setlist. As we were looking for it, we noticed that U2 was going to be playing the Garden while we were there. So we decided to try to get tix to it. We knew the show was sold out, but figured that at worst, we could buy them from a scalper (I know, sketchy). Anyway, we arrived on Thursday and went to the Garden just to check about Friday night's show. A security guard told us it was sold out and that we could try back around 7:30 on Friday, but he wasn't very optomistic about it. Also, we checked with our hotel, but they didn't have any either, however, they too told us to check back the day of. So on Friday we checked 3 times with our hotel and at about 5 pm, they said they may have a pair. We asked how much and they told us $189 per ticket and that was for 300 level seats (talk about gouging). Needless to say, we passed on those. My friend and I went to dinner with the rest of our party and planned on getting to the Garden around 8-8:15 (we had no interest in Keane and thought by that time, scalpers might be getting desparate). So we leave dinner at 8:15 and it took us a while to catch a cab, and we finally got to the Garden at 8:45. So we walk to the box office and ask the guy there (not really expecting much, if anything) and he tells us he has floor tix for $54 or 200 level tix. I couldn't believe what I heard--floor tix. Of course we jumped on it, walked in and right onto the floor. Yes we were in the back, but the view was amazing (say 30 feet from stage) and no one was pushing or shoving. U2 came on about 15 minutes after we got there and we watched the show and had an amazing time. So long story short, check the box office the day of and keep checking. Oh, cause someone said something like, "Yeah, that's cool if you like standing in the back". When we got there, we saw a person from the crew going around and handing out bracelets to get into the ellipse. We didn't get in, but he seemed to be looking for girls, however, I watched him approach two girls and they were with like 5 other people (guys too) and he hooked them all up.
The show was amazing, the fans amazing, the Garden amazing, and U2 was amazing. Good luck to anyone that doesn't have tix and I will see you all in Philly and Boston!

Brian

Bri2k said:
I was going to post this in the fan experience forum, but since you asked the question, I will put it here. I just returned from NYC for a fitness conference. I was speaking to one of my employees last week about one of U2's shows and we wanted to check a setlist. As we were looking for it, we noticed that U2 was going to be playing the Garden while we were there. So we decided to try to get tix to it. We knew the show was sold out, but figured that at worst, we could buy them from a scalper (I know, sketchy). Anyway, we arrived on Thursday and went to the Garden just to check about Friday night's show. A security guard told us it was sold out and that we could try back around 7:30 on Friday, but he wasn't very optomistic about it. Also, we checked with our hotel, but they didn't have any either, however, they too told us to check back the day of. So on Friday we checked 3 times with our hotel and at about 5 pm, they said they may have a pair. We asked how much and they told us $189 per ticket and that was for 300 level seats (talk about gouging). Needless to say, we passed on those. My friend and I went to dinner with the rest of our party and planned on getting to the Garden around 8-8:15 (we had no interest in Keane and thought by that time, scalpers might be getting desparate). So we leave dinner at 8:15 and it took us a while to catch a cab, and we finally got to the Garden at 8:45. So we walk to the box office and ask the guy there (not really expecting much, if anything) and he tells us he has floor tix for $54 or 200 level tix. I couldn't believe what I heard--floor tix. Of course we jumped on it, walked in and right onto the floor. Yes we were in the back, but the view was amazing (say 30 feet from stage) and no one was pushing or shoving. U2 came on about 15 minutes after we got there and we watched the show and had an amazing time. So long story short, check the box office the day of and keep checking. Oh, cause someone said something like, "Yeah, that's cool if you like standing in the back". When we got there, we saw a person from the crew going around and handing out bracelets to get into the ellipse. We didn't get in, but he seemed to be looking for girls, however, I watched him approach two girls and they were with like 5 other people (guys too) and he hooked them all up.
The show was amazing, the fans amazing, the Garden amazing, and U2 was amazing. Good luck to anyone that doesn't have tix and I will see you all in Philly and Boston!

Brian

Very Cool :up:

great story, thanks for the advice. I plan to get to the city very early monday, in hopes of a ticket!

Brian

Back
Top Bottom