Tickets in the future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFly40

The Fly
Any chance that future fanclub tickets for this tour (additional shows, 3rd leg) will be sold via the mail like Propaganda use to do? That system eliminates codes, website crashes, problems with credit cards, etc.

Seems like they are trying (sort of) to right this situation by pulling back tix from agencies and ebay--the fact that they can recall tickets from ETS makes me believe they still have some control and attempting to make some changes.

Er no chance... U2 and their management make too much money selling them to the touts/scalpers...

From what I've read of past tours sending members something old fashioned like a pen and paper did away with a lot of the fiasco of the past few days.

Maybe there are horror stories there too?

Not sure if these scalpers can still get endless tickets that way, but it might ensure members at least seeing something other than 'red' - if you get my meaning.

I think that the demand just got too big. I wasn't a part of Propaganda, but I think it just got too big. You think scalpers and brokers weren't a part of that too? Like previous posters have said, 90,000 people trying to get 2 tickets to a 18,000 show, well you do the math...

Sure scalpers could become members of Propaganda too but the system seemed to weed a lot of the shady deals by it's sheer simplicity. Going through the mail eliminates hackers, teams of people rushing the website, internet problems, etc. Overall it was a lot more controlled. Just the fact that Propaganda would only accept money orders reduced the number of requests...a lot of people couldn't be bother with having to work a little to obtain tix. Plus scalpers would have to roundup thousands of dollars in cash to convert into a money order--a lot harder to do then charging it to a credit card.

I'm not saying Propaganda was perfect, (although it worked perfect for me a number of times) BUT it did act as a more direct link between the true fans and great seats.

Plus it was nice to get a slick, artsy, magazine everyone in a while. The content on U2.com is so sterile.

Back
Top Bottom